Pages:
Author

Topic: VOTE! Do you participate in ICO that requires KYC (your personal data)? - page 3. (Read 1143 times)

Activity: 569
Merit: 250
this security system is personally understandable to me, so that we know what we are investing money in, or what we are involved in, gives more hope that this company is safe.
The real purpose of KYC is to provide the security to the developer itself. the majority of icos are getting threatened by the government that's why they are all doing KYC verification to provide the more security to the project and not allow those from countries are banned ico to join in the ico.
Activity: 171
Merit: 10
The requirement to pass the KYC (know-your-customer) test from the ICO companies is really a big problem both for investors in ICO campaigns and start-ups.

Some people (contributors) don't like to leave personal information to start-ups. What about you?
Would you participate in ICO if you like the project but your personal info is required? Please vote.

This poll will help ICOs to decide what should they do with this issue: apply KYC/AML and get lower rate of contributors or don't apply and get more contributors.

P.S. those who vote "No" should know that application of KYC/AML will help the project to avoid legal issues in the future and as a result increase token price (or at least not decrease it).

Yes I have in the past and will in the future (for quality, and trustworthy ICOs).

Question, how does the poling work? Are you manually tallying it up because I did not see a place to cast an actual vote.
Activity: 266
Merit: 41
I think the days of 'secret squirrel' ICOs is beginning to leave us behind, at least for many of the industry-related ICOs or exchange/lending/finance ICOs that hope to do business in the US or simply be listed on US-based exchanges in the future.  I can say I would readily hand over my details to just any ICO, but if the they used a reputable 3rd party KYC/AML provider, then sure, I'd participate.
Activity: 1701
Merit: 308
I am still hesitant to participate in ICOs that require KYC. I do not want to if the data from KYC was leaked. Even if they can guarantee our data is safe I will not participate. We do not know what will happen if it leaks.
Activity: 136
Merit: 1
Someone shy can lost important information of them. I think all opportunity invest are included with risk, so if you scared, you don't should join market, because after invest ICO, have so much work to do  Grin
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
I try not to participate in projects with KYC.  And the answer is one - the anonymity of crypto-currency is violated, and this was one of the advantages of crypto-currency.  Secondly, I do not know how projects can use the information.  They can use all the information for their own purposes.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054

i see no problem to submit personal data this time.
i have many times subject myself into KYC before i don't think i'd have to hide anymore after all anyone can pay me a visit in my house but i would choose which project or exchange to do it with. also i'm making sure the profile i have can't be connected to outside profile like facebook and linkedin. if anyone wants to find me, i guess they still have to search for me.
I think it is alright if the ICO company is asking for our personal data. This is to ensure that our data is secured and valid. This is also for future reference. But we should still keep our data safe by installing internet security in our computers and devices.
Activity: 340
Merit: 0
I think providing personal data is dangerous for you if this amount of data is lost you may be in trouble. I recommend that you consider carefully before providing personal data to someone else.
Activity: 616
Merit: 256
KYC requirements varies from certain countries,even if we comply with the certain requirements it doesn't give us absolute privacy on our personal data. There are lots of fraudulent ICOs nowaday that collecting personal data for identity theft and sell them to other for other monetary reason. There are still los of god ICOs there that need no KYC, so better to choose one them. So for me, i don't participate with ICO that needs KYC.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
this security system is personally understandable to me, so that we know what we are investing money in, or what we are involved in, gives more hope that this company is safe.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
NO WAY!

Any ico that requires KYC is actually a humongous red flag!
This shows that they do not have a solid legal team and are just following this horrific trend.

The only time an ICO should require a KYC is if their company is actually located and registered in Singapore or America.
These are countries that have specific laws that define tokens as securities that would require a KYC process.
(There might be other countries I'm not aware of).

Smart businesses will either:
Just not allow Chinese, Singaporean, or US citizens to participate and have you sign or check a disclaimer.
Or,
Just make sure their coin or token can be classified as a utility instead of a security.

Also, something important to note, NEVER give out your personal documents over the internet!

It is not paranoid to say that you can be a victim of identity theft.
It is real and you are just making yourself vulnerable by doing so.

This is not true, many country's have regulated ICO's to collect KYC.

This is not to say I agree with it, but it is the law in many countries now.

I completely agree with the bolded.

Just don't join ICO's that require KYC if enough people don't then they will launch under the umbrella of countries that do not require KYC. And if they are unable to figure out how to do that then you shouldn't give them your money anyway. Smiley
Activity: 476
Merit: 41
NO WAY!

Any ico that requires KYC is actually a humongous red flag!
This shows that they do not have a solid legal team and are just following this horrific trend.

The only time an ICO should require a KYC is if their company is actually located and registered in Singapore or America.
These are countries that have specific laws that define tokens as securities that would require a KYC process.
(There might be other countries I'm not aware of).

Smart businesses will either:
Just not allow Chinese, Singaporean, or US citizens to participate and have you sign or check a disclaimer.
Or,
Just make sure their coin or token can be classified as a utility instead of a security.

Also, something important to note, NEVER give out your personal documents over the internet!
It is not paranoid to say that you can be a victim of identity theft.
It is real and you are just making yourself vulnerable by doing so.
Merit: 20
I also feel uncomfortable with sharing my ID data but we have no choice due to legal limitations in several countries. I voted but this will change nothing because this question doesn't depend on the community decision.

Do you know what countries (of ICOs origin) don't require KYC?

Activity: 420
Merit: 100
I also feel uncomfortable with sharing my ID data but we have no choice due to legal limitations in several countries. I voted but this will change nothing because this question doesn't depend on the community decision.
Activity: 658
Now almost each ICO requires KYC, so no KYC no ICO for us Sad
ICO should still maintain the principle of freedom, I think KYC only fosters new fraud. everyone will still be easy to manipulate data.
KYC is not a good solution for crypto.
Activity: 209
Now almost each ICO requires KYC, so no KYC no ICO for us Sad
Activity: 560
Merit: 250

to be honest, I feel uncomfortable with verification like KYC. so far, i have done several times for reward bounty business.
but it is an obligation to complete the KYC verification if the ico rule tells it.
Activity: 420
Do not be afraid of this procedure, because if you are worried about your safety, I want to upset you, we can be found in any case)
Activity: 392
I try very carefully to select ICO in which I participate and usually  I screen out those projects where they require personal information about the investor
Pages:
Jump to: