Pages:
Author

Topic: VOTE! Do you participate in ICO that requires KYC (your personal data)? - page 9. (Read 1143 times)

Activity: 223
Merit: 1
Nope.  Not happening.

Any crypto selling out and killing off privacy will never make it in the long run.  The only reason someone would choose crypto over traditional methods is for privacy.  Bankers/corporations got this shit on lock in almost all other aspects.  Crypto lives and dies with privacy.

Activity: 133
Remember the thread that said "When will crypto die?" 

It dies when we all give over the privacy we were starting to take back with the blockchain technology.  Now the blockchain will truly be a chain around our necks.  Bankers always win.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
regardless of what kind of project. But more often yes, since there are fewer participants in such projects, it makes payments large. Do you agree?
Activity: 196
Protocol and Token to Reinvent Skill Validation
KYC only needs to verifiy if you are residing in the U.S because SEC strictly prohibits the participation of any u.s citizens with these scammy ICOs,SEC see these ICOs as potential scams that is why they are just protecting their citizens from these things,investments should always be regulated so that there will be less scammers,but ICOs are decentralized that is why the SEC cannot oppose that.
Activity: 364
Merit: 13
This cant be worked around.

Basically, if ICo does not ask for KYC this is very suspicious and you should think twice about this ICO.
Evry responsible ICO management understands that they can get in big trouble if KYC is not done nad kYC is not the problem if it is done by know and reputable KYC company,
Activity: 238
Merit: 102
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
Of course I'll join an ICO project that requires KYC but it must be a truthworthy project cause I don't want my profile to be leaked out and sold for criminal activity. For now, as I know almost ICO project also require KYC so it's really hard to find out an ICO project that don't require KYC to participate in. But it'll be very terrible if anyone don't have much experience and join a scam ICO project that requires KYC
Activity: 102
Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain
I can't believe 15 people voted yes.  Next week they will be here with the topic  "Why is my passport on the dark web?"

Meanwhile half of us sent in fake id's and the other half bought 2 weeks later for ICO price instead of handing over our passports.  

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
My Vote is for NO.  I'm very surprised of the amount of people that have no problem at all sending their personal data online.  Some have even mentioned that they prefer it, because it makes them feel like it's less "scammy".  Well damn, even the good ones can be scams.  So, unless your some sort of personal investigator, I doubt everyone is going to become Sherlock Holmes and figure each scam out.  In the meantime, each time you send one of these documents back and forth, you take the risk that someone that you weren't intending on giving it to or seeing it can get a hold of it.  Take it from someone who has their identity stolen once, it is not fun.  It takes years to recover from.  My information was literally stolen, and it has caused so much ruin.  Then I come here and see people lining up to just give away their information freely.  It's insanity!  Maybe not all of you, but some of you who have decided to join KYC processes may realize just how big of a mistake this was down the road.  Just takes one scumbag to get a hold of your information, then it takes you hours, days, years of hard work to get your info back in line....   just my opinion of course.
Activity: 331
Merit: 13
I would not participate for sure. I understand that the KYC is used to verify the identity of investors, but somehow I'm not cool with this yet. Cryptocurrency is still in its infancy and a lot of things have to be done to put the industry in the right perspective. Perhaps a better way can be devised or this KYC thing can wait until the industry matures.
Activity: 133
I would never submit my documents like that to unknown parties and never over the internet.  People have died to not have to show this information.  Maybe  we should not willingly give our information for greed and money.  My answer is clearly no as history proves that it is never a good idea to sacrifice your privacy and safety.  Especially for little colored pieces of paper. 
Activity: 266
I participate in such ICO, but I am very concerned about the safety of my confidential data. After all, when filling out KIC have to specify a lot of personal data, and who and how to ensure their safety is not known.
GFE
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
The requirement to pass the KYC (know-your-customer) test from the ICO companies is really a big problem both for investors in ICO campaigns and start-ups.

Some people (contributors) don't like to leave personal information to start-ups. What about you?
Would you participate in ICO if you like the project but your personal info is required? Please vote.

This poll will help ICOs to decide what should they do with this issue: apply KYC/AML and get lower rate of contributors or don't apply and get more contributors.

Personally I prefer bounty without KYC because there are no extra actions to upload documents, photo and etc. KYC takes extra time of investors and bounty hunters
Activity: 95
You can use fake data (passport and etc). There is no problem if you see problem.

Using fake data is illegal and you may get in trouble.
Depending on your country forgery of documents may lead to imprisonment.

This is a total lie.  It depends who you give the data to.  Give it to a government official.  Then yeah.  Handing it over to a project or kyc compnay is good to go.

Your more likely to get into trouble from .gov handing over your identification to everyone on the internet which in turn gives the real data to the criminals.  

By the way very few people are unintelligent enough to send their most personal of documents over the internet.  These supporters of KYC are most likely the scammers themselves trying to get you to throw your passports at them so they can be sold on the dark web.    Think about it.  Who would be out here promoting they submitted to authority, sold out the crypto movement by jeopardizing privacy (one of the key factors), and did it all for money and lambos.  Don't buy into it and keep yourself secure.  You can almost always buy it for ICO price a few weeks later.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
Bitcoin is the currency of this age
I do detailed research before investing, Ones I discover it is a viable ICO and not a scam team, I do not have problem with KYC , as it is part of  a way to avoid cheaters in the a ICO .
Activity: 266
Merit: 20
Providing your personal data to someone online who hasn't even launched yet is not only risky but foolish. With the amount of hacks happening I don't think people realize what happens if their personal data gets hacked and sold on dark net markets.

Please vote (choose "no" above the topic name)
Isn`t it almost every ICO that requires KYC. They even started spamming and selling my data to newly formed scammers and ICO`s. But that doesn`t bother me nothing can happen. So yes, if I have a chance to receive 2.5x on my investment - go go go

.gov must have a 3rd world call center transitioned over to try to convince us KYC is ok.

The post above me cannot even be from a real human being.  Could you imagine navigating through life being this person if they are indeed sincere.  Just wow. 
Glad to see a majority of us value personal privacy and won't submit documents over the internet and risk private security. 

Also enjoy seeing all the potential money the KYC projects lost by dragging people through that process.  Keep strong guys!
Activity: 6
oh HECK NO!   I can't vote, maybe because I'm new, or, because i just can't figure it out...  If I could vote though, it would definitely go to NO.  There isn't a chance in you know where that I will send any personal data or pictures over the internet.  Why would a company need to have my passport to identify me?!!?!?  Nope, KYC is for the suckers.  I can see it now, months from now, there will be a bunch of people somewhere complaining about how their Driver license and passport info has been compromised.  Well no kidding fools, you sent to to these companies for their KYC process.  Then, one of that companies employees decides they don't like working there, or, just have beef with life in general, and they decide to steal, borrow, leak the KYC info that they had access to out.    Yea, I'll avoid that part of this process as crypto grows.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 252
Keep it Simple guys :)
its depends on what kin of ICO project,, if the project make me interested,
i will contribute with KYC procedure my friend
regards
Activity: 15
I haven't taken part in ICO yet but I plan to do it.
I will think KYC requiring ICO over very cautiously. Most likely I won't take part in it.
Only if such project has a very firm background (e.g. MVP, working product, realty object) I will possibly take part in it.
Pages:
Jump to: