Pages:
Author

Topic: VOTE! Do you participate in ICO that requires KYC (your personal data)? - page 5. (Read 1143 times)

legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1035
Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins
If they are strong ICOs with serious, professional team and advisors with extensive background in cryptocurrency and expertise in their area of influence, yes I would feel comfortable with completing KYC. BUT, ALWAY do your own dilligence on projects, don't rely solely on another person's opinion about a project. Wink
Activity: 602
Merit: 265
I think there should be a third option in the voting poll "Undecided". The truth is that this KYC requirements are of genuine concern with regards to protecting investors and or illegal trades happening with crytpocurrencies and it is a legit concern. The trth also is that we have legit people who like to be anonymous donors for good causes or charities, so also there are people who would want to be anonymous investors... Its just their personality. I would vote undecided, coz I just don't want my data everywhere, but also I don't have anything to hide. Imagine I want to participate in 100 ICOs does that mean i have to give my data to 100 projects? That is very uneasy for most people. There should a be a way to track funds activities and ban wallets or seize wallets that are suspicious, then it forces the "suspect" to then provide proof of no wrongdoing.
Activity: 448
Merit: 101
The requirement to pass the KYC (know-your-customer) test from the ICO companies is really a big problem both for investors in ICO campaigns and start-ups.

Some people (contributors) don't like to leave personal information to start-ups. What about you?
Would you participate in ICO if you like the project but your personal info is required? Please vote.

This poll will help ICOs to decide what should they do with this issue: apply KYC/AML and get lower rate of contributors or don't apply and get more contributors.

P.S. those who vote "No" should know that application of KYC/AML will help the project to avoid legal issues in the future and as a result increase token price (or at least not decrease it).
The main reason that I don’t invest in ICO’s requiring KYC (know your customer) is that the process is sometimes time consuming and the ICO wont even be worth it. Also, revealing private information just to register in some ICO can be quite risky specially of the ICO is not a legit one and has flaws. ICO’s requiring KYC might and might not be a scam or ponzi scheme, but its hard for people to register for airdrop or pre sale just to get some coins.
Activity: 336
Merit: 103
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
Nowadays it's mandatory to pass KYS almost for every good ICO. If's always a risk to share your personal information, as it can be sold to frauds. Sometimes we have to pass KYC even to recieve bounties or airdrops. So we have no choice actually.
Activity: 266
Merit: 20
The requirement to pass the KYC (know-your-customer) test from the ICO companies is really a big problem both for investors in ICO campaigns and start-ups.

Some people (contributors) don't like to leave personal information to start-ups. What about you?
Would you participate in ICO if you like the project but your personal info is required? Please vote.

This poll will help ICOs to decide what should they do with this issue: apply KYC/AML and get lower rate of contributors or don't apply and get more contributors.

P.S. those who vote "No" should know that application of KYC/AML will help the project to avoid legal issues in the future and as a result increase token price (or at least not decrease it).
Hello, I will gladly answer your question, I do not agree with you the process of identity verification is one of the aspects of secure investment in the project, and in my opinion this is really a useful option for participation in the sale of tokens

So what is your vote: "no" or "yes" ?
Activity: 854
Merit: 102
MoonDeFi

Hello, I will gladly answer your question, I do not agree with you the process of identity verification is one of the aspects of secure investment in the project, and in my opinion this is really a useful option for participation in the sale of tokens
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
This requirement is very important due to the peculiarities of legislative regulation of different countries. Nothing special, it's a simple formality that will allow you to participate legally.  But the other side it's not good to give personal data to companies with unknown reputation. So it is necessary to make a decision about giving KYC in each specific case.
Activity: 322

I voted Yes, I would participate, as a matter of fact I have completed some KYC forms, I don't see nothing wrong with leaving or proof my identity! I am not a criminal and pay taxes, why should I be worried. I don't think in any way, it can be used against me. It takes a little time, but it's fine by me!
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
Lately, more and more projects require KYC to pass, sometimes this is required after you have purchased tokens or after the end of the ICO. And there is nothing left but to pass KYC. But the airdrops where KYC is required, I do not participate .
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
KYC is good to provide some information to let the customers be inform about personal information. This is like a legalization of the company business. I am not disagree rather agree to KYC. Bitcoin is decentralized place of business so providing the personal information will change the decentralization to centralization.
Activity: 385
Merit: 101
I just don't feel safe handing out my personal information over the internet to a shady ICO.  I barely even trust my information with big companies like amazon.  Databses can be hacked anytime then criminals have access to all your info.

Hopefully these icos wake up and stop requiring KYC.
Activity: 266
Merit: 20
As poll results show most of people (almost 70%) would not participate in ICO if it requires KYC/AML;

But those who vote "No" should know that application of KYC/AML will help the project to avoid legal issues in the future and as a result increase token price (or at least not decrease it).

I will include this point into the topic.
Activity: 98
NO, it is better to be careful with my personal information since personal things has to be kept within one's self.
Technology has grown so much these days that the internet can now see your personals staffs. People who has high education with internet that use their knowledge into something bad is what im avoiding.
What im talking about is scammers. Be as well be careful with them.
Activity: 205
Activity: 2366
Merit: 366

I understand that the majority of us, ICO investors, do not like the new mechanism installed in several ICOs right now. This KYC/AML addition has been received by ICO investors with frowning faces. However, I think I personally do not have any concern against this. For me, at least my personal take on this, this is not something that will put our information in jeopardy. On the contrary, this is for our safety to a certain extent. It would be bad for cryptocurrency in general if ICOs will be used by lawless elements to make money and use the same to terrorize us in any way possible. ICO is a great source of money that is why projects need to know the particular individuals that joined their ICOs.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
Yes. I join the icos that requires my personal data. Because the good project want to legal in funding, they want to do a real project, so they do things legal and require a knc to founder.
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
I dont think it will be good to participate these verifications because it would risk your identity and personal informations,you could just wait for the project to be listed in some exchanges,then wait those bounty hunters and investors to dump these coins so that you can get these coins below the ICO price and still your privacy wont be compromised.
in contrast to your thinking that KYC aims to protect us as investors. Because we get token legally and get security guarantee. Bounty hunter is also an investor because they work and get tokens to trade. KYC is also a threat to fraudsters in this forum they can not hire their multiple accounts.

It is very easy to create fake IDs just like the fake accounts. Check google playstore from any android phone and you will see at least 20 different apps that will let you create fake virtual IDs. So a person creating fake accounts can also use those apps and create fake IDs to participate in ICOs. However, from my experience with ICO bounties, I have seen companies are not asking bounty hunters to provide their identity (at least a majority of them), so we bounty hunters are safe as of now.

I have created a topic long back on the same issue and also mentioned three pointers of the concerns. Do visit and share your opinion as well.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2946614.40

Thanks,
Avikz
A good opinion, there is always a way to make a fraud even if KYC is applied.
Let's think of the positive impact of KYC implementation, it is unfair to see this as a violation of the principle of decentralization and anonymous crypto / ICO.
BTW a very interesting topic and I have read it.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
KYC completely opposes the Cypherpunk Ideology.

We the Cypherpunks are dedicated to building anonymous systems.  We
are defending our privacy with cryptography, with anonymous mail
forwarding systems, with digital signatures, and with electronic
money.

https://w2.eff.org/Privacy/Crypto/Crypto_misc/cypherpunk.manifesto

Activity: 185
No , I would never give out my personal information out to any ICO . There are lot of scam ico's so be careful and don't give out to ur info to anyone .
Activity: 10
I must be very sure in reliability of that ICO.
I'll think it over many times before joining. Frankly I don't like the idea of giving my identity data to an unknown virtual company.
Pages:
Jump to: