Pages:
Author

Topic: VOTE! Do you participate in ICO that requires KYC (your personal data)? - page 6. (Read 1143 times)

Activity: 183
Merit: 10
equitybase: Crypto Real Estate Exchange
Too much risk and the rewards are too small,not a good idea because your informations might be sold to someone else or worst to the fraudsters in the deepweb,it could be the reason why your identity will be put in danger why are we going to participate these verifications if we can just gt those tokens when its available in exchanges?
Activity: 182
Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty
No because informations shouldnt be given to these uknown people that can use these critical personal informations to frauds,i wont risk my privacy to only get those token's discount.I will just wait for these projects to get listed on exchanges and wait these bounty hunters and ICO hunters to dump those tokens so that i can get these tokens below the ICO price.,easy!
Activity: 182
Merit: 19
Not a good idea,because these IDS might be used to identity thefts,and it will be a bigger problem to solve when your identity is stolen and used into criminal activities especially frauds,these people can easily use these informations to your banks,getting all your funds out from your banks would you want to have the same faith like others?
Activity: 204
Not an option because it could be the reason we will have bigger problems in the future,these critical and personal informatios shouldnt be given to these people because first,we dont know them and it could be sold to the deepweb which will be a bigger problem fraudsters can easily use these informations agains us to it isnt an option for me,we can get these tokens in echanges.
Activity: 210
Merit: 12
I wont risk my privact just to get good discount with these tokens,IDs could be sold or stolen from these people and use it to some theft that is the worst thing that i will do,no way i wont send my IDs to these people because everything could happen and we should be vigillant because it could be the reason why we would have some problems in the future.
Activity: 854
Merit: 104
I mainly participate in ICO campaigns as a signatory campaign participant. If I see in the context of joining the ICO campaign that they do not exclude the further conduct of the KYC check, then whatever the campaign and the token issued by it are, this is a purely I do not adhere to such an ICO campaign. If such a claim is made after the completion of the ICO before the payment of the earned tokens, then there is no choice and I provide my personal information and a copy of my passport. However, in this case, I consider such actions on the part of the ICO team as fraud, since they are already conducted with the goal of not paying the earned tokens.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I submit my documents to participate in ICO. Probably soon there will be a safer way to confirm your identity. But so far this has not happened. My country is banned in many ICOs. And there remain those who allow my country to participate but require  KYC. I have no choice. If you do not submit documents, you should almost completely refuse to participate in ICO. But I'm not ready for this yet.
Activity: 2184
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
Honestly speaking I don't have any issue to participate in ICO that requires KYC but project should be legit or seems to be promising. Personally I feel if any company asking for your Kyc then there is more chance that project is legit and secured to invest. I agree many big investors doesn't want to provide their details if you are ready to pay the taxes then its not a big issue to give your personal details otherwise majority of peoples doesn't want to give their personal details but crypto concept is basically anonymous based.
Activity: 197
Merit: 190
No.  I do not support all of these organizations trying to track and spy on everyone.  Privacy is very important to the crypto dream.
Activity: 868
Merit: 502
For the most of ICo my answer is "no" just because there is no use for that people in that information. Why does they want to have my passport copies? How does it helps them?

Some have to document those details. But that selfie thing is too much and contains many risks I think.
Activity: 120
Merit: 0
For the most of ICo my answer is "no" just because there is no use for that people in that information. Why does they want to have my passport copies? How does it helps them?
Activity: 378
Merit: 17
In general, I would avoid participating in ICOs that require KYC ( know your customer). However, if the project is very good and offer very good stakes then it can be considered.
Activity: 246
I would participate in such an ICO but only if I think that ICo is gonna be awesome
There is no point in such problems and paying so much efforts if the project is meh
Activity: 266
Merit: 20
For now almost all ICO projects request KYC procedure. Another way to invest without KYC is participation in private presale pools.

is it not required in such private pools to provide ICO start-up with your personal info (if you are investor)?
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
I dont think it will be good to participate these verifications because it would risk your identity and personal informations,you could just wait for the project to be listed in some exchanges,then wait those bounty hunters and investors to dump these coins so that you can get these coins below the ICO price and still your privacy wont be compromised.
in contrast to your thinking that KYC aims to protect us as investors. Because we get token legally and get security guarantee. Bounty hunter is also an investor because they work and get tokens to trade. KYC is also a threat to fraudsters in this forum they can not hire their multiple accounts.

It is very easy to create fake IDs just like the fake accounts. Check google playstore from any android phone and you will see at least 20 different apps that will let you create fake virtual IDs. So a person creating fake accounts can also use those apps and create fake IDs to participate in ICOs. However, from my experience with ICO bounties, I have seen companies are not asking bounty hunters to provide their identity (at least a majority of them), so we bounty hunters are safe as of now.

I have created a topic long back on the same issue and also mentioned three pointers of the concerns. Do visit and share your opinion as well.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2946614.40

Thanks,
Avikz
Activity: 364
For now almost all ICO projects request KYC procedure. Another way to invest without KYC is participation in private presale pools.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Amazes me that people think it would be a good idea to send people this delicate information.  The most likely spot for the breech is a rogue employee making off with it.  I assume that's how most of these passports and ID's are getting out to the dark web.  Once they have this information your in big trouble.  Just waiting for the shoe to drop.  Please guys fake the id.  it is much much safer.
Activity: 91
Merit: 1
Hell No! these verifications shouldnt be tolerated because we are a decentralized community and we should stay the same,it is like monitoring our identity,do not send any information about yourself,use fake ID if you can so that your informations will be safe even if these people sold it in the darkweb.

What bounties are you the manager of? Promote yourself.  There are people out here who will follow and participate and also hire you based off that stance.  Get out there and get us some bounties with a manager that thinks like us!!!
Activity: 27
Merit: 3
Hell No! these verifications shouldnt be tolerated because we are a decentralized community and we should stay the same,it is like monitoring our identity,do not send any information about yourself,use fake ID if you can so that your informations will be safe even if these people sold it in the darkweb.
Activity: 658
I dont think it will be good to participate these verifications because it would risk your identity and personal informations,you could just wait for the project to be listed in some exchanges,then wait those bounty hunters and investors to dump these coins so that you can get these coins below the ICO price and still your privacy wont be compromised.
in contrast to your thinking that KYC aims to protect us as investors. Because we get token legally and get security guarantee. Bounty hunter is also an investor because they work and get tokens to trade. KYC is also a threat to fraudsters in this forum they can not hire their multiple accounts.
Pages:
Jump to: