Pages:
Author

Topic: VOTE! Do you participate in ICO that requires KYC (your personal data)? - page 4. (Read 1143 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 20
Another interesting question is how often those who reply "no" are actually participating in ICOs.

If they don't trust ICOs that ask KYC/AML info then probably they also don't trust to start-ups that don't require their personal data.
Activity: 224
Merit: 6
The requirement to pass the KYC (know-your-customer) test from the ICO companies is really a big problem both for investors in ICO campaigns and start-ups.

Some people (contributors) don't like to leave personal information to start-ups. What about you?
Would you participate in ICO if you like the project but your personal info is required? Please vote.

This poll will help ICOs to decide what should they do with this issue: apply KYC/AML and get lower rate of contributors or don't apply and get more contributors.

P.S. those who vote "No" should know that application of KYC/AML will help the project to avoid legal issues in the future and as a result increase token price (or at least not decrease it).
In my experience, CBS is required for passage in those campaigns that do not apply to certain countries! On the other hand, the crypto industry was built on the anonymity of the data ... Contradictions arise everywhere! There is information that the campaigns then sell the database to shadow forums. Therefore, I personally do not participate in such campaigns!
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
KYC lets the companies to run ICOs in their respective countries without getting in trouble with SEC, I do not claim perfect knowledge but I think this is if not the only one, a reason for ICOs to be conducted legally without any conflict regarding scams and stuff.
Activity: 448
Merit: 4
not when I did not send documents and do not advise you!
Activity: 378
Merit: 17
On the one hand, it is good that during the time of ICO the companies ask for information about the investor and this basically means that they carefully select people, and it does not seem like a scam.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
Definitely not, I'm pretty fond of having privacy and I must admit that I have not really been into the whole ICO craze.
Keep in mind that your data could get into the wrong hands by uploading your personal documents. You can't know for sure that they will handle it with proper care.

You wouldn't be the first one who gets his identity stolen that way.
Activity: 462
Merit: 12
В поиске
I do not want to participate in such ICO because my trust of ICO and many of the project has changed a lot, after I trapped into a scam.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
with the existence of the kyc program altcoin that we have will be more secure and more secure to invest our money in the ico.
With the existence of KYC, no other than government and the company launching ICO shall have more security. For customers to have security while investing in an ICO, the government must make a rule for all the launching companies to register under them will all info and getting a trade mark before launching the ICO in the market.

This shall ensure that if the ICO scams and runs away someday, its affected customers and government will be able to take legal action against them and arrest them for the same.
Merit: 101
There are so many ICOs that require KYC these days. It really is a shame that all this government regulation is being forced down the decentralized community's throats.

I think history will look back on this time and wonder about how we were so close to a utopian future but how long it really took in reality to get anywhere close to what humanity is ultimately capable of. I still think crypto will play a huge part in the future, but for now we will see dwindling projects completely overshadowed by major projects that suck up all the funding like a giant squid.
Activity: 560
Merit: 17
It is simply a fact of what kind of company does the KYC, do i trust this company and what is the reputation of them.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
https://bmy.guide
ICOs are good way for money laundering and funding illegla activities. That's reason why governments require  from exchanges to register on security organizations like SEC in order to provide their data of customers. KYC procedure should be mandatory and everyone who participated in ICO have to pass it for not get in in trouble with both company and government.
Merit: 20
Providing your personal data to someone online who hasn't even launched yet is not only risky but foolish. With the amount of hacks happening I don't think people realize what happens if their personal data gets hacked and sold on dark net markets.

I think for large investors there will be some need for information but for the smaller guys there really shouldn't be a need to go through this process.

How would you differentiate large investors from smaller guys? what contribution amount might be considered as small? 2k or what?
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
Wow, i didn't expect such a number of "no". But that's the rules we have right now. I wouldn't like ICOs to be used for money laundering. That's a serious problem

That means you do not understand the fundamentals this entire scene are built upon.

Activity: 392
If i see that the project is great like medichain, i will send my documents....
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000
Providing your personal data to someone online who hasn't even launched yet is not only risky but foolish. With the amount of hacks happening I don't think people realize what happens if their personal data gets hacked and sold on dark net markets.
Completely agree with this, anyone can create a token and setup a quick half decent looking site and claim to be launching the next best thing, so handing over your details is very risky, even with an ICO that you think looks legit.

I think for large investors there will be some need for information but for the smaller guys there really shouldn't be a need to go through this process.
Activity: 204
I believe on bounty and project I invest that needed kyc for the distribution of tokens so i don't mind sending my personal information to them as i support this regulation as well because this makes a strong point to the community that not all ICO are scam.
Activity: 336
Merit: 101
Speaking frankly, I do not participate in such ICO, because I do not want to share my personal data especially if we take into account the fact that often we do not even know whether it is reliable or not
Merit: 11
Wow, i didn't expect such a number of "no". But that's the rules we have right now. I wouldn't like ICOs to be used for money laundering. That's a serious problem
Activity: 386
If the project doesn't look like a scam and has a great potential I would contribute even if my passport photo/selfie is required.
Though we can do research before investing an ICO whether it’s a scam or not, but one can never surely say as some scams are designed so perfectly and their whitepaper seems so legit that it is nearly impossible to differ it from the real ICO’s. so sharing personal information before knowing if the ICO is legit or not is quite hard and plus KYC’s sometimes can be time consuming and annoying if the document gets rejected or matters like that. One has no security against it when he/she invests in ICO’s and provides personal information.
Activity: 434
Merit: 103
Eloncity - power the world for free! /eloncity.io/
If they are strong ICOs with serious, professional team and advisors with extensive background in cryptocurrency and expertise in their area of influence, yes I would feel comfortable with completing KYC. BUT, ALWAY do your own dilligence on projects, don't rely solely on another person's opinion about a project. Wink

i absolutely agree with you, if the ico is worth it, and you checked all the information about them. i send my personal information, only when i believe in the project.
Pages:
Jump to: