Pages:
Author

Topic: VPS Squared - Virtual, Powerful, Supported VPSs - page 2. (Read 13037 times)

Activity: 418
Merit: 253
New Operating Systems Offered

Ubuntu 11.10 and Debian 6 now offered for all 4 tiers

Ubuntu 12.04 coming soon is also now available
As a reminder to everyone, Payments are be due by the 7th of the month, and if you fail to pay by then, the VPS will be turned off on the 10th, and deleted after the 20th.

Please send payments to the address given to you upon sign up, no need to remind me, i'll see it. 

If you have any questions, lost your address, wanting to cancel, or anything at all don't hesitate to PM me or join me on IRC.

I think we're having a great start with the new server, first month is almost over and things are still looking up.  I enjoy all of you and greatly appreciate your business.  I hope we all have more great months ahead of us. 

As always,
VPS2
-Always here for you.
I've gotten banned from IRC...So I wont be on that for a while...lol

I'll find a way to get to it sometime soon, I have a Remote VPS, so i can use that.. =)
Start your own channel, not too hard.

freenode banned him

I didn't know Freenode did a lot of active moderation; I thought they only banned malicious bots and the like.

They apparently ban open proxies....guess its a way to stop any new proxies that get by...
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Ad astra.

I'll find a way to get to it sometime soon, I have a Remote VPS, so i can use that.. =)

freenode banned him

I didn't know Freenode did a lot of active moderation; I thought they only banned malicious bots and the like.
Activity: 700

freenode banned him

It was...

Edit: Found the issue... I opened port 8080 and had a proxy on it...yeea...
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh

Hey Smiley

i am somewhat interested in getting an account. Just one question.. If its a shared IP and we get 11 ports each, does that mean that port 80/443 etc etc is already in use ? So I couldn't use this as a web server running on port 80 ?

thanks

That is correct; you cannot use port 80/443. You can run a web server on a different port, though.

Thank you binary, beat me to it =P

Yea, you'd have to use an odd port, say 4070(4071 for SSL?) could be used, web browsers would treat it normally like the speed test file...there's only a select few ports they refuse to connect to though.
Ad astra.
Hey Smiley

i am somewhat interested in getting an account. Just one question.. If its a shared IP and we get 11 ports each, does that mean that port 80/443 etc etc is already in use ? So I couldn't use this as a web server running on port 80 ?

thanks

That is correct; you cannot use port 80/443. You can run a web server on a different port, though.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Hey Smiley

thanks
I am now offering Debian installs, for anyone interested.  More OSes should come soon.  Windows is pretty much out of the question, its pretty glitch on one i have running now... if you REALLY want it, we can talk.

I will be restarting the server tonight, should be one of the last planned restarts until upgrades... I've changed somethings that need the VPSs restarted so I can manage them remotely.  Sorry for any inconvenience.  Restart will be around 1AM GMT.  Shouldn't be more than a few minutes.  You'll just need to restart anything killed in the process.

Have a good day everyone,
See ya on IRC
So? what should I do know to recover my info? is my new VPS up?

I am sorry Muyuu, Undecided I didn't see your post, I will set it up for you tonight, expect a PM sometime soon.
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
So? what should I do know to recover my info? is my new VPS up?
I guess this slipped my vision...
Lets say 1 user has a dual core VPS, and another has a quad core..
if the system was at 100% already, and they both needed time at the same time, each core would get the same cpu time (roughly), so the quad core would have 2x the total cpu time. 
In other words, sharing is done per a VPS thread, 1 core = 1 thread.

Hope that helps.

Certainly; it's what one would expect, I just wanted to confirm. VPS is up and running just fine, thanks for being prompt.

Anytime, hope you enjoy.
Ad astra.
if the system was at 100% already, and they both needed time at the same time, each core would get the same cpu time (roughly), so the quad core would have 2x the total cpu time. 

Hope that helps.

Certainly; it's what one would expect, I just wanted to confirm. VPS is up and running just fine, thanks for being prompt.
What does the asterisk after "Core" represent? Couldn't find it anywhere...

Oh yea...forgot to mention that...
"Up to 2.6GHz"

As in shared core? How is CPU time allocated? And PM'd in any case, those prices are excellent and your service has likewise been.

Hope that helps.
VPS2 is accepting new VPSs, 3 already running great, get yours now  Grin

This is a great looking service Gary.

One small suggestion, you should name of tiers as you have done with the fourth,  "epic". Maybe something like:

Tier 1 - Copper
Tier 2 - Bronze
Tier 3 - Silver
Tier 4 - Gold

Anyways best of luck with this, I'll soon be messaging you to buy a server.

Robert

Yea, I still may change the names, also looking forward to it  Grin

On a side note, I need to remake the Tier 3 installs...some how i managed to mistype the password twice lol..
Also ran into an issue where the SSHd wasn't starting on start up on the Epic 4, had to reinstall the openssh and it worked there on out..
Things are looking good so far though..
I only have to add my user to all of them so i can fix ssh issues and other things if they arise again..

If you're interested in buying more servers, this is a fucking steal: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rackable-C1001-1U-2x-AMD-2356-Quad-Core-2-3Ghz-Server-w-KFSN4-DRE-system-board-/190662831803?pt=COMP_EN_Servers&hash=item2c6463eebb#ht_4755wt_835

Hope this isn't looked upon as spamming. I obviously can't prove that auction isn't mine, but I've been debating buying one or two or ten of those for a few weeks now. You'd have to swap out the PSU (or find a -48VDC power source), but $100 for the case/CPUs/motherboard is g'damn.

I might have before i bought this one, but I am really low on money, and those will be likely gone by the time i do look to another system.
  Cry

I mainly looked for expansion in the server i bought, as to why its a dual socket.  Thank you though Cheesy

Well, keep it in mind. It'd be way under half as cheap as the server you bought. I'm sure he'll still be in stock whenever you want to expand. I first saw his listing up over 2 weeks ago, and he keeps relisting it, with 275 servers left. I don't think it'll go anywhere anytime soon Tongue.

I'll be sure to bookmark it, thank you =)
R-
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Pasta
This is a great looking service Gary.

One small suggestion, you should name of tiers as you have done with the fourth,  "epic". Maybe something like:

Tier 1 - Copper
Tier 2 - Bronze
Tier 3 - Silver
Tier 4 - Gold

Anyways best of luck with this, I'll soon be messaging you to buy a server.

Robert
Pages:
Jump to: