Pages:
Author

Topic: VPS Squared - Virtual, Powerful, Supported VPSs - page 5. (Read 13037 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Ad astra.
Server seems to be down (or IP was changed). http://www.isup.me/50.52.21.166

Any info?

works for me...

Fixed now. It's possible it was an issue on my end, but I didn't change anything, and I can connect now...

Oh well, no matter.

EDIT: And the isup.me was useless in either case; no HTTPD is running. My bad. I couldn't ping it earlier, but it's fixed now.
Activity: 700

Any info?

works for me...
Ad astra.

Any info?
Activity: 418
Merit: 253
Any recommended or minimum donation amount?

To get the 10%, it'll be 2.5BTC.  Send Donations to this address: 1HZj7zoYYK7rExB1z4JBq8DjUk5XYR93YC

Really appreciate it  Cheesy
Sent 5.01 Smiley
I've been meaning to get a VPS from you but still hesitating because I have another VPS already paid for a year.

Awesome, thank you loads Shocked

Take your time, this current server needs to be freed up a bit and/or the new one needs to get here before you could rent anyway

I'll note your 10% off.

Thank you again.  Smiley
Activity: 54
Merit: 0

To get the 10%, it'll be 2.5BTC.  Send Donations to this address: 1HZj7zoYYK7rExB1z4JBq8DjUk5XYR93YC

Sent 5.01 Smiley
I've been meaning to get a VPS from you but still hesitating because I have another VPS already paid for a year.

Activity: 457
Merit: 251
Being that the VPS Host's CPU is at its limit I'm not going to allow any more VPS's to be created.  I'll still offer current VPS's more RAM and HDD because those still have extra capacity by a long shot.  

Future plans include a new server and possibly a CPU upgrade for the current one.

Plan for New Server
a Dual Socket motherboard with an(one to start) 8 Core 2.6Ghz CPU.  
16GB of RAM (Ar first, more will be added as needed)
Also, the same drive as the current server, a 2TB HDD.
A new SSD for an alternative disk. (You can choose an HDD or a SSD as your drive for the VPS)

Plans will have CPU counts included.
1-4 CPU cores as the default plans.

Upgrades
Upgrades for RAM will be cheaper than current rates, The new server will have a higher capacity so I won't have to try and restrict it as much.
Upgrades for SSD and HDD will be different rates, for a plan, the SSD will be smaller than the HDD counterpart.
Upgrades for SSD to a HDD plan can be added on as a second 'drive'.
You'll be able to add more Cores to your VPS plan. (Up to 5 Total for now)

I'll be really flexible, but I am going to have to add one restriction that the current server doesn't have.

No LTC Mining or scripts/programs that take an excessive amount of CPU for a long period of time.  The mining is killing the people on the old server. Long period meaning a continuous of 5 or more hours.  I will notify you by PM or E-mail before the VPS is suspended. 3 violations will get the VPS canceled with no notice.
Sorry for any inconvenience this will cause, but it needs to be done to keep a fair share to everyone involved.

Please keep in mind that this server is at LEAST a few months out and is just a plan, prices, plans, upgrades, and pretty much anything can change before launch.  I need to feel comfortable in my personal finances to justify another, pretty expensive, server.

Donations?
The Cost of the server right now is roughly 220BTC (~900 USD)
To fund this, I will be using mostly my personal finance, but I am also looking for Long Term - 0 interest loans or flat out donations to get this server up, Loans will be paid back as soon as possible. (Okay, I know 0% loans will be unlikely, but I have to ask)  The more money gets loaned out or donated, the sooner the server will be up =)

To help speed along donations, any donors will get 10% off every month for life.
For Loans, I'll be also using 100% of mining earnings to them to pay them off as fast as possible.

Donations Closed, 10% locked for life for those who have donated

As some of you know, I am not doing this for much profit, so any out of pocket expense will take a long time for me to recover from it.

Please contact me here, PM, or IRC for Loan or donation questions.  I appreciate any help.
Donation Address: 1HZj7zoYYK7rExB1z4JBq8DjUk5XYR93YC

Here is the current PLAN (only a plan, no quotes)
Wow, I get 600 kbps downloading the test file here.  Grin An awesome amount when you compare it against less than 50bps (BITS per second!) that I get when downloading MomentoVPS' test file. Go VPS Squared!

Glad you like it, I got a report of 450KB/s from Sydney too. 

Here is a picture of the VPS host, some of you may be interested  Cheesy
-image-

That white envelope guides air away from the intake, a lot actually goes out the back like that.  It lowered the temps quite a bit for just having it there, looking into more solutions...That would be free...

That is a PSU brand I have not seen before, but I guess I won't worry as long as it works...

Yea i watched the voltages over time, and they seemed to be 100% stable, so that stopped my worries, not sure what would happen if i stuck a dedicated card on that board... (I wont but i thought about it before the VPS idea). 

That case and PSU i found near a dumpster at my old apartments, with working parts in it, but not those.. Not sure what happened, who would toss it oO, oh well, helped me  Grin
Ad astra.
Wow, I get 600 kbps downloading the test file here.  Grin An awesome amount when you compare it against less than 50bps (BITS per second!) that I get when downloading MomentoVPS' test file. Go VPS Squared!

That white envelope guides air away from the intake, a lot actually goes out the back like that.  It lowered the temps quite a bit for just having it there, looking into more solutions...That would be free...

That is a PSU brand I have not seen before, but I guess I won't worry as long as it works...

Activity: 457
Merit: 251
Added a Speed Test file: http://50.53.21.166:3300/test.data
(let me know if link doesn't work...)

It runs on a similar VPS as the others, it has less ram (250MB).  Its a 200MB file, that's pretty much nothingness. Download it all, or 30mb of it.

Have fun!  Cool

I've also increased the prices recently to accommodate the BTC price drop, to maintain close to the same USD rate.
1.30 BTC
0.60 BTC
0.25 BTC

If BTC rates rise again, then prices will return to normal.  I'm trying to remain fair to everyone, as your prices will be locked iwth close to the same USD rates, and not the BTC Rate, so if you pay 1.3BTC now, you may only pay 0.8BTC, like everyone else, in the future.

PS: Clients with their VPS already running/paid for, your rates are locked with the USD rate at time of sign up, so in a sense you'll never pay anything more(unless you change..yea)

Edit: Never mind, for get it, It'll be the old rates for a long long time, or until prices change drastically.
-Love you guys.
He said a few friends, so other networks/locations.  But i discovered the issue, he forgot the -p flag before the port.  Its all good now.

VPS Squared might get a few video tutorials soon.

A site is coming soon, I'll have to make the site tonight and tomorrow or something, it'll be basic at first, really basic.

Freenode Channel is made though: #VPSSquared

Video tutorials? On what exactly?

Simple stuff initially, then Apache and such, we'll see what happens though, i'm not the one doing them, so i'll be reviewing them.
Ad astra.
He said a few friends, so other networks/locations.  But i discovered the issue, he forgot the -p flag before the port.  Its all good now.

A site is coming soon, I'll have to make the site tonight and tomorrow or something, it'll be basic at first, really basic.

Video tutorials? On what exactly?
Yea the NAT drops the ping packets, if anyone wants them enabled I can probably do so. 

I'm having one client having issues connecting from multiple sources, not sure why, nothing should block it, and I can access it with my remote server.
-Any suggestions?

"Multiple sources"? Multiple computers on the same network, or computers with different locations/net connections?

Ad astra.
Yea the NAT drops the ping packets, if anyone wants them enabled I can probably do so. 

I'm having one client having issues connecting from multiple sources, not sure why, nothing should block it, and I can access it with my remote server.
-Any suggestions?

"Multiple sources"? Multiple computers on the same network, or computers with different locations/net connections?
I still don't know what that does that, the VPS host gets the same speeds as that speed test, thinking its something with KVM, but i'll keep looking.  Ping times should still be amazing regardless =)

Well, you might want to check your settings, because, interestingly enough, ping doesn't work. (Packets are sent but not received)

I suspect somehow the NAT on your VPS software is not correctly routing the received packets to VPSs. Internet otherwise works fine. If you can fix that, I'd be glad to post a ping test.

-Any suggestions?
Ad astra.
I still don't know what that does that, the VPS host gets the same speeds as that speed test, thinking its something with KVM, but i'll keep looking.  Ping times should still be amazing regardless =)

Well, you might want to check your settings, because, interestingly enough, ping doesn't work. (Packets are sent but not received)

I suspect somehow the NAT on your VPS software is not correctly routing the received packets to VPSs. Internet otherwise works fine. If you can fix that, I'd be glad to post a ping test.
BinaryMage did a few tests on the VPSs, but those images seem to be down now, I have a big day today, but i'll link a Speedtest.net from the connection for now.

BinaryMage got a 600KB/s download from the VPS, and i've gotten the same result, but the speedtest.net is the connection from a dedicated computer.

Edit: for anyone wondering why they only have 2 stars, I think i am finding out...We called and got put on hold, then offered to have them call us back.. They called back 30 minutes later and we got put on hold for another 40 minutes... Oo They're just having issues with a lot of things, their website doesn't function very well and they're working on it but still would cause bad ratings.  I personally like them.

The images I linked to on the last page certainly aren't down for me...

Yeah, I tried multiple servers and multiples times during the day, 600 KB/s was essentially the maximum I managed to get.

Pages:
Jump to: