Pages:
Author

Topic: VPS Squared - Virtual, Powerful, Supported VPSs - page 6. (Read 13037 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Ad astra.
BinaryMage did a few tests on the VPSs, but those images seem to be down now, I have a big day today, but i'll link a Speedtest.net from the connection for now.

BinaryMage got a 600KB/s download from the VPS, and i've gotten the same result, but the speedtest.net is the connection from a dedicated computer.

Edit: for anyone wondering why they only have 2 stars, I think i am finding out...We called and got put on hold, then offered to have them call us back.. They called back 30 minutes later and we got put on hold for another 40 minutes... Oo They're just having issues with a lot of things, their website doesn't function very well and they're working on it but still would cause bad ratings.  I personally like them.

The images I linked to on the last page certainly aren't down for me...

Yeah, I tried multiple servers and multiples times during the day, 600 KB/s was essentially the maximum I managed to get.
Activity: 418
Merit: 253
I'm surprised this isn't selling better... it's far superior (cost wise at least) than any other bitcoin vps out there.

Bump.

Lack of dedicated IPs/ports probably hurts it; that's a feature many people need.

One of the reasons I can and I am doing it so cheap, I don't have to pay for extra IPs =P

I've updated the VPS count on the OP, 2 and 4 now, I think I'm going to run a small VPS to host like speed test files.  Good idea?
Yep. Having the need of a good VPS sooner or later here, so I'd be happy to test out speeds on your VPS  Grin

I meant putting a link on the OP for a download from a node, but if you want a VPS now, I can do that too.   Cheesy
I mean exactly that lol. I just need to try download a file from your VPS to test if the latency/download speed is enough  Smiley

BinaryMage did a few tests on the VPSs, but those images seem to be down now, I have a big day today, but i'll link a Speedtest.net from the connection for now.

BinaryMage got a 600KB/s download from the VPS, and i've gotten the same result, but the speedtest.net is the connection from a dedicated computer.

Edit: for anyone wondering why they only have 2 stars, I think i am finding out...We called and got put on hold, then offered to have them call us back.. They called back 30 minutes later and we got put on hold for another 40 minutes... Oo They're just having issues with a lot of things, their website doesn't function very well and they're working on it but still would cause bad ratings.  I personally like them.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
I'm surprised this isn't selling better... it's far superior (cost wise at least) than any other bitcoin vps out there.

Bump.

Lack of dedicated IPs/ports probably hurts it; that's a feature many people need.

One of the reasons I can and I am doing it so cheap, I don't have to pay for extra IPs =P

I've updated the VPS count on the OP, 2 and 4 now, I think I'm going to run a small VPS to host like speed test files.  Good idea?
Yep. Having the need of a good VPS sooner or later here, so I'd be happy to test out speeds on your VPS  Grin

I meant putting a link on the OP for a download from a node, but if you want a VPS now, I can do that too.   Cheesy
I mean exactly that lol. I just need to try download a file from your VPS to test if the latency/download speed is enough  Smiley

Bump.

I've updated the VPS count on the OP, 2 and 4 now, I think I'm going to run a small VPS to host like speed test files.  Good idea?
Yep. Having the need of a good VPS sooner or later here, so I'd be happy to test out speeds on your VPS  Grin

I meant putting a link on the OP for a download from a node, but if you want a VPS now, I can do that too.   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break

Bump.

Bump.

Ad astra.

Bump.

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Think. Positive. Thoughts.

Bump.
I'd like to tell everyone something.  The BTC i earn with this service, or any future service, I will never cash out, it'll stay in my wallet, and i may pay someone BTC to buy me a piece of hardware for a new system or something.  tl;dr: I'll use the profits to support the bitcoin economy.  My financial sistuation is fine, and looking up, so i don't need the small amount of btc from this.

I should be getting bigger paychecks in the coming months, and a new server is likely on the way, granted its even needed.  I have a few personal goals to fill before i'd buy a new server, for one, wife wants a new mother board and RAM... and its going to be over the top performance, should buy me a lot of time before it needs another upgrade.

I haven't received a PM for quite a while, all the VPSs have been running strong, so i am assuming everything is doing fine for the current buyers. 

PS: I'll release pictures of the server soon...just for kicks  Tongue  I wont get a picture of the screen though, the camera causes some weird stuff it happen...when ever I take a picture of one of the screens, its black, even though its on, guessing its from the shutter speed or something. 

Thank you for your support,
-VPS Squared
Thanks for the upgrade prices.

So, since the IP is dynamic, will you let us know if it changes? or should we install some script that notifies us of the change, like the dyndns updater.

Thanks!

I'll for sure notify everyone, but if you want you can install a script.  I highly doubt it will, I don't think it has changed since i've bought the connection.  ~8 months, but it is a truly dynamic IP...I haven't ever questioned it to the ISP lol
legendary
Thanks for the upgrade prices.

So, since the IP is dynamic, will you let us know if it changes? or should we install some script that notifies us of the change, like the dyndns updater.

Thanks!
Updated the first post.  Removed clutter, like that i was going to upgrade the RAM on the 8th.. (already done), and a few other notes that just likely caused some confusion.  Makes it look a lot denser and nicer.
So far so good for me. I got webmin installed. Still trying to figure out domain and port stuff. For reference what is your policy on upgrading plans?

There is no policy, but I am open to talking about it  Roll Eyes

Edit: To explain more, I'll charge you the difference, prorated.  Then expand the drive or RAM.  Please Note, I am unsure if i can reduce the drive size.  As in, if you buy 10 more GB and decide against it later, I am not sure if i'd be able to save the data.

I've made a little chart on my spread sheet as follows

More Ram
512MB   0.40 BTC
1024MB   0.85 BTC
2048MB   1.80 BTC

More Disk
10GB      0.10 BTC

If you want to upgrade to the next plan entirely, that's possible too =)
legendary
So far so good for me. I got webmin installed. Still trying to figure out domain and port stuff. For reference what is your policy on upgrading plans?
I'm liking "VPS Squared - Virtual, Powerful, Supported VPSs" a lot.  I might change the thread to that name soon  Roll Eyes

Glad I could be of service. It was the least I could do for all the assistance you provided.

Yea, looking really good on the thread title.

Update: All the miners are currently sitting at 20% / core ( x 3 = 60% cpu) because there's quite a few miners... Its up to you guys, I am guessing eventually when the server gets more miners, you'll stop because there's not too much benefit and then the usage will average out again.  Or you'll get bored and do other things with your node Grin
Ad astra.
I'm liking "VPS Squared - Virtual, Powerful, Supported VPSs" a lot.  I might change the thread to that name soon  Roll Eyes

Glad I could be of service. It was the least I could do for all the assistance you provided.
let me start off by saying i'm a complete tard when it comes to linux. i talked with MrGaSp about his vps service and he went above and beyond what i expected him to do. He's truly a class act and someone I will proudly stand behind. Thanks for all your help and explaining some basic commands to help me get started!!

No Problem  Cool

Really loving you guys, all of you have been great too.  Its been a great learning experience for me too.

Theres one client that i feel as if i failed on, he kinda got on my nervs.. I kept my cool, but it was in the early stages when bravetheheat was also trying to get one.  But it took a few days to get everything ready, hardware wise, and he kept asking for a payment address.  I told him i'd give him it when Its running.  I got the server running about 30 minutes after he last messaged me, and I haven't heard back from him in about 3 days... So I am not sure what to think.  As to what the Red line is on my VPS list.  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 980
let me start off by saying i'm a complete tard when it comes to linux. i talked with MrGaSp about his vps service and he went above and beyond what i expected him to do. He's truly a class act and someone I will proudly stand behind. Thanks for all your help and explaining some basic commands to help me get started!!
Nice pun....So used to my name, kinda forgot about puns with it.

I'd like to push the Price mainly, and Customer Service, but for names, I've thought of this as the first thing in my head type thought:
Null-Pocket-Burning VPS
(just now) NPB VPS ?

That's really all I got xD

I'm not sure what I think about NPB VPS. It's inventive and memorable, but it wouldn't communicate much to a potential customer.

Acronyms generally work well. Two I though of off the top of my head:
VPS Squared - Virtual, Powerful, Supported VPSs
GASP VPS - Generally Awesome Support Provided VPSs

I'm liking "VPS Squared - Virtual, Powerful, Supported VPSs" a lot.  I might change the thread to that name soon  Roll Eyes
Ad astra.
Nice pun....So used to my name, kinda forgot about puns with it.

I'd like to push the Price mainly, and Customer Service, but for names, I've thought of this as the first thing in my head type thought:
Null-Pocket-Burning VPS
(just now) NPB VPS ?

That's really all I got xD

I'm not sure what I think about NPB VPS. It's inventive and memorable, but it wouldn't communicate much to a potential customer.

Acronyms generally work well. Two I though of off the top of my head:
VPS Squared - Virtual, Powerful, Supported VPSs
GASP VPS - Generally Awesome Support Provided VPSs
Pages:
Jump to: