Pages:
Author

Topic: VPS Squared - Virtual, Powerful, Supported VPSs - page 3. (Read 13037 times)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
If you're interested in buying more servers, this is a fucking steal: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rackable-C1001-1U-2x-AMD-2356-Quad-Core-2-3Ghz-Server-w-KFSN4-DRE-system-board-/190662831803?pt=COMP_EN_Servers&hash=item2c6463eebb#ht_4755wt_835

Hope this isn't looked upon as spamming. I obviously can't prove that auction isn't mine, but I've been debating buying one or two or ten of those for a few weeks now. You'd have to swap out the PSU (or find a -48VDC power source), but $100 for the case/CPUs/motherboard is g'damn.

I might have before i bought this one, but I am really low on money, and those will be likely gone by the time i do look to another system.
  Cry

I mainly looked for expansion in the server i bought, as to why its a dual socket.  Thank you though Cheesy

Well, keep it in mind. It'd be way under half as cheap as the server you bought. I'm sure he'll still be in stock whenever you want to expand. I first saw his listing up over 2 weeks ago, and he keeps relisting it, with 275 servers left. I don't think it'll go anywhere anytime soon Tongue.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Ad astra.
What does the asterisk after "Core" represent? Couldn't find it anywhere...

Oh yea...forgot to mention that...
"Up to 2.6GHz"

As in shared core? How is CPU time allocated? And PM'd in any case, those prices are excellent and your service has likewise been.
Activity: 418
Merit: 253

Oh yea...forgot to mention that...
"Up to 2.6GHz"
Ad astra.
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
I was a Special Sir (still am and always will be) so I guess that more or less matches the current lower tier. Given the special idiosyncrasy of the service I will go for that and maybe I'll add memory later on.

I'd also be interested in downloading a backup of my previous home directory as I don't have all the latest versions.

Cheers.
I'm going to start taking Pre-Orders so I can get them lined up for the launch. 

PM me or post it here, I'll get the server test booted and if you want I can temperamentally connect your old drive to the new VPS for data transfers. 

Prices are on OP or here: http://173.255.217.222/vps/

PM me the tier you want and any upgrades you want, and it should be ready at the time of the launch. Cheesy
OS for now will be Ubuntu 10.04, 64 Bit.
Ports will be 4000-5000 this time.

Disk upgrades...I can do this two ways...
1) I can add a second disk to your VPS
-Can be Reversed
-Any time upgrade
2) When you first purchase, I can make it one disk
-Can't be reversed
-Only when you first purchace (may change in the future)
If you're interested in buying more servers, this is a fucking steal: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rackable-C1001-1U-2x-AMD-2356-Quad-Core-2-3Ghz-Server-w-KFSN4-DRE-system-board-/190662831803?pt=COMP_EN_Servers&hash=item2c6463eebb#ht_4755wt_835

Hope this isn't looked upon as spamming. I obviously can't prove that auction isn't mine, but I've been debating buying one or two or ten of those for a few weeks now. You'd have to swap out the PSU (or find a -48VDC power source), but $100 for the case/CPUs/motherboard is g'damn.

I might have before i bought this one, but I am really low on money, and those will be likely gone by the time i do look to another system.
  Cry

I mainly looked for expansion in the server i bought, as to why its a dual socket.  Thank you though Cheesy
Activity: 30

To give everyone an idea of the speed.. 1.50-1.65KH/s on LTC per a core for all 8.  Just running 4 threads. 1.6-1.90KH/s (Turbo kicks in).  I ran the miner in the VPS, not on the raw hardware.  

Also, Mining will not be tolerated and the system will not mine.

Then why do you tempt us with the numbers?

Ah well, understandable. Hopefully you can get this up and running with no major issues.

A nice speed test that most would understand  Roll Eyes

So far its looking good, I'll spend quite a bit of time on it tonight though.  Figuring out how I want to do things and such.  I am creating default images for all 4 sizes and I'll only accept Ubuntu 10.04 at first, I'll make different ones in my free time after launch. 

To protect my self, I will be blocking a large amount of IPs, only to do with AP2P.. Should not prohibit the usability of the VPSs, torrents may be slow to start though if the tracker ends up being one of those IPs.
Ad astra.
To give everyone an idea of the speed.. 1.50-1.65KH/s on LTC per a core for all 8.  Just running 4 threads. 1.6-1.90KH/s (Turbo kicks in).  I ran the miner in the VPS, not on the raw hardware.  

Then why do you tempt us with the numbers?

Ah well, understandable. Hopefully you can get this up and running with no major issues.
E.T.A.? :S

I actually Kinda hid that...its in the thread title Cheesy

Although work is wearing me out too much to work on the server...one night i'll just stay up LOL
Should be friday night.  Working on forwarding ports now...I have copies of the old drives ready..

I've been running a minetest server on the test VPS...it runs far smoother.. Thinking of starting other game servers and posting them here to show it's capabilities.  

Edit: Ping works now =)  It was just droping the ping requests to stay more invisible, but people like to ping the IP to see the response times.. Tell me what you find out please =D

Update here if it happens faster, I have this thread on notify.

BTW, from my office (London):
Packets: Sent = 50, Received = 50, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 165ms, Maximum = 197ms, Average = 167ms

May update with my home connection pings if it's significantly different.

That's not terribly bad, its on the west coast of USA.. long ways =P

--------------

donator

Although work is wearing me out too much to work on the server...one night i'll just stay up LOL
Should be friday night.  Working on forwarding ports now...I have copies of the old drives ready..

I've been running a minetest server on the test VPS...it runs far smoother.. Thinking of starting other game servers and posting them here to show it's capabilities.  

Edit: Ping works now =)  It was just droping the ping requests to stay more invisible, but people like to ping the IP to see the response times.. Tell me what you find out please =D

Update here if it happens faster, I have this thread on notify.

BTW, from my office (London):
Packets: Sent = 50, Received = 50, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 165ms, Maximum = 197ms, Average = 167ms

May update with my home connection pings if it's significantly different.

Edit: Ping works now =)  It was just droping the ping requests to stay more invisible, but people like to ping the IP to see the response times.. Tell me what you find out please =D
donator
I'd just like to applaud MrGaSp for his awesome customer support. Even though the main VPS server bit the dust, he is making sure we all get what we are paying for. (Best of all our data!) Thank you for your service and I'm excited to get my hands on the new server.

Appreciate it  Roll Eyes

Server is all plugged in and ready to go once i get that adapter.  (still have to go through OS/VPS installation)

Server Running great, no issues, Default VPSs are getting ready, Stand by everyone....Please note, The RAM sizes for these are larger than the last server's, so it is likely not everyone that had a server before, will have one now.

I still need to hook up the other drive to copy over VPS drives for people to copy theirs off.

Server really snappy though Cheesy
I'd just like to applaud MrGaSp for his awesome customer support. Even though the main VPS server bit the dust, he is making sure we all get what we are paying for. (Best of all our data!) Thank you for your service and I'm excited to get my hands on the new server.

Appreciate it  Roll Eyes

Server is all plugged in and ready to go once i get that adapter.  (still have to go through OS/VPS installation)

Activity: 13
Ok I get it. Is the ssd installed yet? I think I'm goint to want the tier 1 w/ssd. I don't need my old vps.

No its not even ordered yet, the server's last part will arrive monday or tuesday.  After that I'll need to get the system running and running vps and some pre-configured, then i'll open it up =)

As for the SSD, It'll be a while, We'll see after next month where i am financially.

That means I won't be playing with it this weekend Sad

Believe me, I was looking forward to it too Sad
donator
Ok I get it. Is the ssd installed yet? I think I'm goint to want the tier 1 w/ssd. I don't need my old vps.

No its not even ordered yet, the server's last part will arrive monday or tuesday.  After that I'll need to get the system running and running vps and some pre-configured, then i'll open it up =)

As for the SSD, It'll be a while, We'll see after next month where i am financially.

That means I won't be playing with it this weekend Sad

Pages:
Jump to: