Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 187. (Read 26462345 times)

legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 12743
BTC + Crossfit, living life.
Remarkable posts from WO for my little project? Currently, I've only added this one.

The WO is full of them…

Try to find the LLama or mindrust or…… very remarkable stuff Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 7340
Farewell, Leo
Remarkable posts from WO for my little project? Currently, I've only added this one.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 2617
well he passed some terrible laws that effectively ended the 2017 bull run.

But its 2024 and who knows what he does monkeying around if he gets in.

But his 2017 laws passed on dec 31 2017 sucked.

I think, per usual, it was a maelstrom of negative events that ended that bull run... There was massive run-ups leading to profit taking, the collapse of Bitconnect, the end of the halving bull cycle, etc. Certainly new tax laws going into effect also contributed.

The strangest thing is it was Trump narrowly avoiding assassination that caused an uptick in my beloved DOGE. Then when Biden stepped down, DOGE went up again. I think it ties into the whole Elon phenomena, since he announced his support for Trump.

Now the latest rumor is Biden is literally dying. We may see a few weeks where Kamala Harris is actually president before the end of the year. All the sudden Trump is now the liability as a candidate. Will be an interesting second half of the year, for sure.

my wish was neither run for the job. I would prefer people younger then my  age of 67.

Trump turned 78 June of 2024. He is at least 50 pounds overweight it is not that sure he will run in November.

yeah my doge to btc trade ladder is just about ready to happen.

and i could have traded 1000’s of doge to btc with out generating any paper work .  but thanks to Trump the trades will be reported instead of simple like kind.

Nothing would surprise me anymore about the US election considering what we have just seen over the last month.

The endless "democracy" gaslighting is just a smoke show for continued globalism and supporting the military
industrial complex.

What roles the Secret Service / FBI / CIA are actually playing I'm not sure, but considering
you just had the greatest Secret Service failing in 60 years and the head of that department stays in place just
because she is a woman I doubt is going unnoticed by most Americans.

Kamala Harris as US president for the next 8 1/2 years is literally a strong possibility now.
Would Texas, Florida and Ohio accept that madness into the 2030s?
("My pronouns are She / Her and I'm wearing a blue suit. / What can be, unburdened by what has been.")
I've never heard anyone talk so much and say so little. And people complain about Trump... get real.

It just seemed like Covid was a great excuse for all this to possibly happen, didn't it just? Just like in 2020 with the mail in voting etc.
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 12743
BTC + Crossfit, living life.
legendary

Explanation
legendary

Explanation
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 10832
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
Today I ordered this full extras Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 4MATIC Coupe 2024. I'll have to wait 6 months to get it, though. The good thing is that by then Bitcoin price will be much higher and the lease payments besides my salary part, will cost me less in terms of my stash. My realistic hopes are for the price to be such that it will be below 4% of my stash. I still can't believe how my desicions to start accumulating and hodling in 2016-2017 are bringing me such change and joy now. New town, new home, new job, new car and with the crossing of 100K possibly even a big house and a villa. Besides, I have a fulfilling lifestyle in a town with many culture events, restaurants and hospitals. I'm very happy!

congrats
Would cost nearly over here around 3.5 btc in overall incl insurance.

Yeah, but I imagine ivomm is expecting BTC to be around $100k-ish by the time he has to pay the balance. .around 6 months-ish.. which may or may not end up playing to his favor.. .. so in dollars that car is currently between $100k and $150k depending on features.. and you are saying the same car is more in your location?.. you are suggesting that same car is a bit more than $200k?  You must be getting all of the features or some of your other assumptions are seemingly off.
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

I think, per usual, it was a maelstrom of negative events that ended that bull run... There was massive run-ups leading to profit taking, the collapse of Bitconnect, the end of the halving bull cycle, etc. Certainly new tax laws going into effect also contributed.

The strangest thing is it was Trump narrowly avoiding assassination that caused an uptick in my beloved DOGE. Then when Biden stepped down, DOGE went up again. I think it ties into the whole Elon phenomena, since he announced his support for Trump.

Now the latest rumor is Biden is literally dying. We may see a few weeks where Kamala Harris is actually president before the end of the year. All the sudden Trump is now the liability as a candidate. Will be an interesting second half of the year, for sure.

my wish was neither run for the job. I would prefer people younger then my  age of 67.

Trump turned 78 June of 2024. He is at least 50 pounds overweight it is not that sure he will run in November.

yeah my doge to btc trade ladder is just about ready to happen.

and i could have traded 1000’s of doge to btc with out generating any paper work .  but thanks to Trump the trades will be reported instead of simple like kind.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
BTW you guys can save your Harris FUD for somewhere else. We all know its coming, and its not even you that's thinking the thoughts you're expressing, you're just regurgitating a political machine's talking points without realizing it.
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

I want a Kamala Harris & Liz Cheney ticket. I would certainly pick them over Trump & Vance.

I'd like to see that ticket for the opposite reason.

Trump has done a lot to hurt btc. But who knows maybe he will help it this time.

Bitcoin tax holiday. Lower capital gains taxes. Deregulation. Reserve currency. Game theory.

Profit.

I don't remember this happening as you describe it.
Do you mean TCJA (tax cuts and jobs act)?

That one had some positives as well as negatives.
Negative was that you could basically deduct only the standard deduction and you can put in only $10k in RE tax.
charity for middle class became mostly meaningless since you still just get a standard deduction.
Another negative-you could not recharacterize the Roth conversion (from IRA) back to IRA-that one hurt as it was very useful if a stock price declined.
Positive-20% deduction on a pass through income for businesses, immediate expensing in section 179.
All and all-for me, personally, taxes did not change much.

It ended all like kind trading on Jan 1 2018.

It only had one exception real estate [duh]

This created a tax report if you trade any coin for any other coin.

Ah, that..I was not doing it anyhow, so missed that "minor" point.
Not sure if the original 'status' was more logical than the current one.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

I want a Kamala Harris & Liz Cheney ticket. I would certainly pick them over Trump & Vance.

I'd like to see that ticket for the opposite reason.

Trump has done a lot to hurt btc. But who knows maybe he will help it this time.

Bitcoin tax holiday. Lower capital gains taxes. Deregulation. Reserve currency. Game theory.

Profit.

I don't remember this happening as you describe it.
Do you mean TCJA (tax cuts and jobs act)?

That one had some positives as well as negatives.
Negative was that you could basically deduct only the standard deduction and you can put in only $10k in RE tax.
charity for middle class became mostly meaningless since you still just get a standard deduction.
Another negative-you could not recharacterize the Roth conversion (from IRA) back to IRA-that one hurt as it was very useful if a stock price declined.
Positive-20% deduction on a pass through income for businesses, immediate expensing in section 179.
All and all-for me, personally, taxes did not change much.

It ended all like kind trading on Jan 1 2018.

It only had one exception real estate [duh]

This created a tax report if you trade any coin for any other coin.
legendary

Explanation
Jump to: