Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 29002. (Read 26382433 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007
Hide your women

You have no comment about my claim that inflationary currency encourages consumption and is therefor more harmful to the environment than a deflationary currency that encourages thrift and savings?

The only comment I have is that I can't recall the actual name for this axiom: it is much easier for a doofus to spread FUD than it is for some conscientious person to debunk it. So mostly I ignore what you have to say because I can't take all day every day to continually point out where you're wrong. The problem is you seem to have about 20% interesting stuff to say so I can't just click the ignore button.

Uh, thanks. I think.  So anyone else make this observation or have an argument against it? People spend dollars on shit they don't need in part because with inflation and low interest rates, there's no incentive to save. This is really bad ecologically speaking, right?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Killed_the_Electric_Car%3F - this is why we dont have electric cars Smiley

Ive seen it thanks but quoting a wikipedia article to a bias film that doesn't deal with the points that I'm making (which were mainly about green taxes and global warming).

Anyway, one must continue observing the wall....
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
no, but it's getting a little old .... : -)  ....
legendary
Activity: 1470
can we get back to observing the wall ....

you must be new here Smiley
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
can we get back to observing the wall ....
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1745
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1470

Much better to keep burning all that oil that comes from the middle east.  :D :D :D

America is a net oil exporter. Didn'tcha know?

Not really. The US broke even and became a net exporter briefly in 2012. Still nothing compared to the big fish (Saudi Arabia, Russia), and probably won't be a permanent state either (don't know if there's already 2013 data).

Keep stroking that shriveled up US-centric, climate change denying old man cock. It'll grow again one day, I'm sure :D
Activity: 1260
Merit: 505
Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
BTC-e just tweeted BTC in limbo will be resent 13.02 (tomorrow)
Activity: 165
Merit: 106
LOL love to listen to people defend their electric cars as if they're saving money or the environment. You do realise the astronomical polution and ecological cost in producing the cars and shipping them over the world. Oh and where do you think the energy comes from to make electicity?! Also the surface temperature of the planet has been cooling over the last few years not warming and the ice feilds have been thicker and further north/south than before. Global warming is the world governments biggest con. There is no direct correlation between rising C02 emmisons and global warming. There used to be until about 17 years ago when the correlation stopped but even still the gorvernments of the world peddle the need to be green to you and TAX you for the privaledge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Killed_the_Electric_Car%3F - this is why we dont have electric cars Smiley
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
What's the range on that thing? 150 miles?
The range of my Nissan Leaf is laughable except it's all I need for 360/365 days a year. @77 miles depending on situation. There are EVs that go more or less. Tesla is @204-306 depending on model.

It's a good thing the average U.S. mileage per day is 37 so that even the Leaf has the average person's daily mileage covered:
https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/ohim/onh00/bar8.htm

POWER DENSITY. fix that problem and I'll buy one myself. all things else being equal.
Ah, OK, so to be clear your problem with EVs is "power density" and not the "exploding battery" FUD you spewed? Today's Tesla goes half the miles of a gas car so you shouldn't need to wait much longer. As a bonus, Tesla just finished their cross-country supercharger network and you can now drive US. coast to coast for free.
http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger

You have no comment about my claim that inflationary currency encourages consumption and is therefor more harmful to the environment than a deflationary currency that encourages thrift and savings?

The only comment I have is that I can't recall the actual name for this axiom: it is much easier for a doofus to spread FUD than it is for some conscientious person to debunk it. So mostly I ignore what you have to say because I can't take all day every day to continually point out where you're wrong. The problem is you seem to have about 20% interesting stuff to say so I can't just click the ignore button.

How much energy did it take to build that truck you don't use?
I don't know. Could you find out the exact amount and let me know? It's a Ford Escape Hybrid, if that helps you. I forget the year at the moment so this will make your exact calculations tougher. Word of warning before you begin your math and interviews with all involved parties: I don't care.

Stay on topic, Junior. This ain't a pecker-flexing contest.
What's interesting here is you are the one who went off topic to attack, then when one responds you ask them to get back on topic. It's akin to a criminal who once persecuted asks, "can't we just forgive and move on?" You poked the hornet nest now suffer the sting.

If I am your junior then, old man, you'd likely lose at pecker flexing. No cheating with your little blue pills either.
Someone at gox knows something we don't?
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 2119
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

Invest in tech that makes life better for the user,  not for the climate or whatever.

I'm assuming you live somewhere immune from any climatic changes or "whatever" and don't eat food (produced in the environment) or drink clean water.  It must be great living in that bubble, removed from the reality the rest of us experience.

Much better to keep burning all that oil that comes from the middle east.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

He lives somewhere where real economics apply. Which is everywhere outside of government think tanks.

OTOH, people often want stuff that is (or is perceived to be) better for the environment so not totally off-base to go for something like Tesla. But be sure that the potential isn't already priced in.
legendary
Hide your women

Much better to keep burning all that oil that comes from the middle east.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

America is a net oil exporter. Didn'tcha know?
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035
This is whatt I like to fucking see.  A nice bounce back.  

EDIT: Oops, must have mistyped link!

legendary
Hide your women
Looking at the historic price charts for the last few years, I would think that China is responsible for 95% of the current price.
Even if there were no miners in China, and there are a huge number of them, that would be too high of an estimate. Chinese hackers also put downward pressure on the price by scaring off would be investors and dumping stolen coins.
legendary
Hide your women
This literally made me laugh. Tesla? srsly? Electric cars are no improvement over internal combustion. There's the issue of power density, ya know, batteries- those things that keep catching on fire and exploding in Tesla cars?

You've obviously never driven a Tesla.  Power and Luxury.  Definitely the best car ever made.  I don't care about the tech.  It could run on clubbing baby seals for all I care.

And they burn and explode at a much lower rate than do internal combustion cars.

Again, how far between recharges and how long does a recharge take? If I want power, I'll drive my Yamaha R6 at 170 mph and get 45 MPG. oh, and it cost $10 grand TT&L included. Tesla is a luxury status symbol BECAUSE it is an unnecessary expense. Hard to square that with a credible claim to love the environment. I want to get from here to there without waiting around for a few hours to recharge my ride like it's a dildo with NiCads.
LOL love to listen to people defend their electric cars as if they're saving money or the environment. You do realise the astronomical polution and ecological cost in producing the cars and shipping them over the world. Oh and where do you think the energy comes from to make electicity?! Also the surface temperature of the planet has been cooling over the last few years not warming and the ice feilds have been thicker and further north/south than before. Global warming is the world governments biggest con. There is no direct correlation between rising C02 emmisons and global warming. There used to be until about 17 years ago when the correlation stopped but even still the gorvernments of the world peddle the need to be green to you and TAX you for the privaledge.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun
This literally made me laugh. Tesla? srsly? Electric cars are no improvement over internal combustion. There's the issue of power density, ya know, batteries- those things that keep catching on fire and exploding in Tesla cars?

You've obviously never driven a Tesla.  Power and Luxury.  Definitely the best car ever made.  I don't care about the tech.  It could run on clubbing baby seals for all I care.

And they burn and explode at a much lower rate than do internal combustion cars.

Common , let's not get overboard with this Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029
Sine secretum non libertas

Jump to: