Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 29012. (Read 26370744 times)

legendary
Activity: 3990
Merit: 4460
You're never too old to think young.
Anatomy of a bubble might finally become true.(sub 200$)
You can quote me on that.

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Looks like a hard bounce off of extremely oversold conditions in bollinger band and RSI (even I was never expecting it to drop this low this fast). However, it recently crossed under ichimoku cloud which is now sitting at $775. So I'm not expecting a sudden rocket to the moon (or even 800). I think right now we're just seeing a frenzy where people are panic buying their coins back after they panic sold due to the news and thinking bitcoin was doomed. Once the rebuy is over, things might settle down and then drift into the next (or final) downwave.

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
eah something fishy going on.

my biggest concern that i wish i paid more attention to my balance for, is that I dont know if when the second spam txid is broadcast - does it cause my wallet balance to read lower?

Ie: if I have 3BTC and I send 1BTC, and then a spam rebroadcast goes out saying the same 1BTC transaction but never confirms, will my bitcoin-Qt wallet show 2BTC in it or will the client misread this to think that there is only 1BTC left?

imagine if it were to basically abandon coins when it creates te change address - it could be rescanned but there could be serious losses to some people who dont notice
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
@theshmadz
Anyone want to fulfill this thread's purpose and provide some insight as to where we are headed?

*Note, I have no TA abilities.  I rely on very basic eye test and common sense*

I think today was VERY bullish for the long term.  To deal with the FUD and panic we had today, and currently be sitting at over 3%+ in the last 24 hours as of this post, is incredibly good news for the long term prospects.

That said, I'd be surprised if we were to really test these buy walls at 720 and 750 (on stamp) too much in the short to medium term.  Lots of buyers spent money today getting cheap coins, which means 1) people are going to be less liquid to buy at current prices and 2) People who got cheap coins could add more selling pressure at these levels.

So short/medium term, I expect a little downward pressure, but nothing too serious.  A lot of low volume sidewise/slightly down activity similar to most of January.  It'll probably be boring and unsexy.

But, I can't help end today with a smile on my face (it helps I got some cheap coins... though not as many or as cheap as I would have liked lol).  While I don't see us headed to the moon for now, I think today was actually a large step in the right direction.

Nice to see a newbie with a sensible outlook.

Welcome to hell!!!1  Grin

Sorry, what i meant to say was, TO DA MOON TOMORROW or else DOOM for all and $10 coins by next week!!!

I feel like I fit in much better now.

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I'll be rich, tomorrow. It's always a day away.

Always keep in mind that this is an experiment.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Anyone want to fulfill this thread's purpose and provide some insight as to where we are headed?

I think today was VERY bullish for the long term.  To deal with the FUD and panic we had today, and currently be sitting at over 3%+ in the last 24 hours as of this post, is incredibly good news for the long term prospects.

That said, I'd be surprised if we were to really test these buy walls at 720 and 750 (on stamp) too much in the short to medium term.  Lots of buyers spent money today getting cheap coins, which means 1) people are going to be less liquid to buy at current prices and 2) People who got cheap coins could add more selling pressure at these levels.

So short/medium term, I expect a little downward pressure, but nothing too serious.  A lot of low volume sidewise/slightly down activity similar to most of January.  It'll probably be boring and unsexy.

But, I can't help end today with a smile on my face (it helps I got some cheap coins... though not as many or as cheap as I would have liked lol).  While I don't see us headed to the moon for now, I think today was actually a large step in the right direction.

Welcome to hell!!!1  Grin

Sorry, what i meant to say was, TO DA MOON TOMORROW or else DOOM for all and $10 coins by next week!!!

I feel like I fit in much better now.
legendary
@theshmadz

Welcome to hell!!!1  Grin

*edit* WTH? I am now hero member!! tremble with fear!!! Oh wait, remember that bitcoin does not require heroes. bitcoin does not require consent. And I'm just a joker who punches my fingers on a flat thing with a bunch of buttons  Cheesy
Activity: 107

Activity: 504
Something real bad is about to happen. Shocked

Anatomy of a bubble might finally become true.(sub 200$)

You can quote me on that. Cool Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338
XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

For every weak hand that has been shaken another new weak hand bought coins. After every crash, big or small, i have to read how the weak hands are shaken. There would've been no weak hands left by now. It's nonsense.

Edit:

Some of my BTC will be leaving my weak hands between today and tomorrow at about $780-$800 area.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Gox just continues to diverge from the other exchanges... ridiculous.

Wait for what happens when you can withdraw Bitcoin again
until then it is going to continue to drop.
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

Wait for what happens when you can withdraw Bitcoin again
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
market's never wrong, opinions are  :p
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
you want to be on the receiving end of the weak hand selling, there's alot of FUD out there many reasons for the week hands to capitulate

the way to trade this is to be in it for the long haul

pace low bids

hope they fill

when they do be ready to place more.

don't be greedy and think you can catch the very bottom, just make sure to be a market participant that turns out to be the winner.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
Is it correct to say that Gox is responsible for the first, second and fourth big crash of Bitcoin?

legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
Is it correct to say that Gox is responsible for the first, second and fourth big crash of Bitcoin?
legendary
@theshmadz
OK, I have to admit, I sometimes feel the panic of lack of trust in the exchanges, so I decided to do a test withdrawl (some one many pages ago posted that they couldn't withdraw from btc-e, so I tested my exchange with a small withdrawl...

is that not the same shit that Gox was talking about?

this is the first time I have ever had a non-confirmed transaction, even during the fork last year... (I think it was last year?)

I still got my bitcoin, which at least gives me confidence that Virtex's system can account for these TX id's being changed, but is this transaction mixing going to become a real problem? and just how hard would it be to fix it?

sorry for serious question.
Activity: 669
Because of the "Karpeles crash", volume today (Mon Feb/10 UTC) was very high in general, comparable to that of last Friday Feb/04, when the banks reopened in China. 

Think you could remove gox from your reports?
Activity: 574

I'm no pro but…

I think we are at the top of a bounce from the crash. So a slow decline, maybe 50-75USD over the next 24-48 hours as speculators wait to see the full affect of public perception of this news before making big moves. But by the end of the week bitstamp should be back around 800, gox 680.

depends on how we treat this wall at 720 Cheesy anyone who sold above 800+ could steal re join feeling safer at this point...but who knows we just gotta wait and see.
Activity: 94

I'm no pro but…

I think we are at the top of a bounce from the crash. So a slow decline, maybe 50-75USD over the next 24-48 hours as speculators wait to see the full affect of public perception of this news before making big moves. But by the end of the week bitstamp should be back around 800, gox 680.

I really hope thats what happens.  I'm in it for the long haul but it still hurts to see it go down. 
Jump to: