Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 29010. (Read 26370777 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007
Hide your women
another 785 BTC buy on stamp
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338
XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread
Bitcoin wobbles but it won't fall down!

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Blitz:The price affects the perception of the news
Looks like MtSux is in DDOS mode again.
What do you mean?  Cheesy

Was watching from Wisdom and noticed that gox went into slow mode.  Then the interval went from, say 15 seconds, to 45 and then to 1 min 8 seconds.  Unless BitcoinWisdom is having problems, then gox is being tested again.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
Activity: 378
bitfinex frozen for me
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
What do you mean?  Cheesy
Activity: 308

They did. It was well known that, although their prices were lower, Coinbase would get them their fiat in a reliable, timely manner. There prices stayed low as we traders cut our losses and transferred out coins from Gox so we could get at least some money out. This was back when only fiat withdrawals from Gox were delayed. Then Coinbase's supply of cheap coins apparently ran out and the price diverged from Bitstamp to a noticable degree. Coinbase put out a notice on their reddit explaining the price differential and essentially begging us Yanks to sell for the premium we would be getting. Few took advantage of this because most us us were buying by then. So yesterday, they got more money to Stamp and the prices equalized somewhat, but still noticeably higher at CB. The miners I suspect are now selling to Second Market, Winklevi, and other institutional investors for better prices. Few miners are selling retail at these prices. They have better options.

If this is true, than there's more demand than i thought. I'm guessing were in a downtrend right now for a few months, and then some event (bank default, bail-in whatever) will kickstart another insane rally. I'm not selling a single coin because of this, Don't want to be left out holding the fiat bag, even when i think were heading down short term.
legendary
Activity: 1414
HODL OR DIE
So it's just a trap in general.

No we can always take it a step further.

legendary
Hide your women

Hard to sell coins for a profit if you don't have any left to sell. Coinbase as much as admitted that they have no miner's coins left and now have to buy on stamp. You can figure out what that means.

Does Coinbase really rely on miner's coins?

How do you know this?

*edited to remove confusion*

They did. It was well known that, although their prices were lower, Coinbase would get them their fiat in a reliable, timely manner. There prices stayed low as we traders cut our losses and transferred out coins from Gox so we could get at least some money out. This was back when only fiat withdrawals from Gox were delayed. Then Coinbase's supply of cheap coins apparently ran out and the price diverged from Bitstamp to a noticable degree. Coinbase put out a notice on their reddit explaining the price differential and essentially begging us Yanks to sell for the premium we would be getting. Few took advantage of this because most us us were buying by then. So yesterday, they got more money to Stamp and the prices equalized somewhat, but still noticeably higher at CB. The miners I suspect are now selling to Second Market, Winklevi, and other institutional investors for better prices. Few miners are selling retail at these prices. They have better options.
Activity: 406
Software is never really done until at least version 3.1

Like Windows 3.1

And DOS 3.1

Spooky, 3.1 was the last AmigaOS released by Commodore too.
Activity: 583
Merit: 500
Hi gang.  Are we having fun yet?

That crazy HuBoy exchange is up late and trading like a boss.  What's up with that?

What do you mean 'up late'? It's mid-afternoon in Beijing.
Hi gang.  Are we having fun yet?

That crazy HuBoy exchange is up late and trading like a boss.  What's up with that?
Activity: 634
Gox still shows ~20k coins for sale, but if they can't be withdrawn the market is even more shallow than it appeared.
legendary
Activity: 1512
@theshmadz

Hard to sell coins for a profit if you don't have any left to sell. Coinbase as much as admitted that they have no miner's coins left and now have to buy on stamp. You can figure out what that means.

Does Coinbase really rely on miner's coins?

How do you know this?

*edited to remove confusion*
Activity: 644
Too many traps. I'll leave day trading for the pros.

You all got to admit, BTC recovered extremely fast ! That flash crash was crazy. Made somebody a millionaire.
legendary
Hide your women
it's both a bull and a bear trap at same time.

what do we call those? a blair trap. yay. we have finally found a way to arrest the war criminal, and it's through tarding btc Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1512
@theshmadz

the further down the rabbit hole, the further into the trap.

the first step in evading the trap is knowing that the trap exists.

the second step is knowing how the trap works.

the third step is fully recognizing the trap for what it is, and completely side-stepping and ignoring that 'trap'.

Activity: 728

Jump to: