Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 29011. (Read 26370673 times)

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505
Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
I can confirm BTC-e withdrawals are not quite instant, 20 mins and nothing in the blockchain yet (2 BTC)

Kind of sucks because I've gotto go to sleep and I don't like leaving coins floating around with the price this unstable.

look at your screen harder it makes the coin appears faster

One night later, still no coins  Angry
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1022
a few pages back someone was asking about different exchanges. I wondered what anyone here's opinion is on bitcoin-central. they were great for us europeans. and though they had their problems, they never lost anyone's money from what I can ascertain. What's the deal with those guys? are they back?
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
Bitcoin Bozo always seems to bounce back.

Having to restrain myself from attempting to register "Bitcoin Bozo" everywhere.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Months ago I saw a youtube tutorial on to steal coins from mtgox by using some software that finds internal transactions floating around their system and rebroadcasting somehow. The video was written years ago. I figured that mtgox had fixed the issue already or software was a virus (not that I would do something like this anyway). Is this the same issue that mtgox just announced yesterday, still not fixed, after years?
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
eah something fishy going on.

my biggest concern that i wish i paid more attention to my balance for, is that I dont know if when the second spam txid is broadcast - does it cause my wallet balance to read lower?

Ie: if I have 3BTC and I send 1BTC, and then a spam rebroadcast goes out saying the same 1BTC transaction but never confirms, will my bitcoin-Qt wallet show 2BTC in it or will the client misread this to think that there is only 1BTC left?

imagine if it were to basically abandon coins when it creates te change address - it could be rescanned but there could be serious losses to some people who dont notice

Nope.
This would be only true if more people like Mr. Karpeles decide to program their own wallet.
In cryptography we trust
Software is never really done until at least version 3.1

Like Windows 3.1
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

my biggest concern that i wish i paid more attention to my balance for, is that I dont know if when the second spam txid is broadcast - does it cause my wallet balance to read lower?

Ie: if I have 3BTC and I send 1BTC, and then a spam rebroadcast goes out saying the same 1BTC transaction but never confirms, will my bitcoin-Qt wallet show 2BTC in it or will the client misread this to think that there is only 1BTC left?

imagine if it were to basically abandon coins when it creates te change address - it could be rescanned but there could be serious losses to some people who dont notice

I'm not sure what client you use, but on the reference client you can hit the "export" button on the bottom left to get a csv of your entire transaction history. You can run this on a spreadsheet just to make sure everything lines up (I did, just a few days ago, and of course it lined up)

You can even go through every transaction in that list and verify them on the blockchain, though these recent unverified transactions look suspicious, once your transaction is verified by the blockchain, it is irrefutable.

the one thing I hope for most in the aftermath of the fall of GOX is that people will learn better about how bitcoin works.

I tell all my friends, when they ask me about bitcoin, and then they ask me how many I have. I always just say "it's not about how much bitcoin you have, it's about how much bitcoin you know"

Meaning, I think the better you understand what bitcoin is, and what it means, the better you will be able to navigate our uncertain financial future.

great - so my exported transaction list DOES NOT ADD UP.

it includes the duplicate transaction of -0.2201 marked as 'Confirmed=FALSE' and a partly-confirmed mining income from an hour ago of 0.1674

please help me out here:

Wallet Status: Balance: 0.2146 BTC   Unconfirmed: 0.00 BTC    Immature: 0.1674 BTC
using the exported csv and adding all the transaction amounts, I get a total of 0.1363 BTC - this includes both the mining income and unconfirmed double spend.
Why does the math not add up? No matter how you add/subtract the renegade values my wallet amount isnt right
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer

Always keep in mind that this is an experiment.

And its in beta...  RC-0.9.
Software is never really done until at least version 3.1
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
@theshmadz
Oh yeah, just thought of this too,

when someone brings up gold and silver as "honest" money, just remember that bitcoin doesn't care about "honests"

Bitcoin is Voluntary Money
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1745
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
@theshmadz

I'm not sure what client you use, but on the reference client you can hit the "export" button on the bottom left to get a csv of your entire transaction history. You can run this on a spreadsheet just to make sure everything lines up (I did, just a few days ago, and of course it lined up)

You can even go through every transaction in that list and verify them on the blockchain, though these recent unverified transactions look suspicious, once your transaction is verified by the blockchain, it is irrefutable.

the one thing I hope for most in the aftermath of the fall of GOX is that people will learn better about how bitcoin works.

I tell all my friends, when they ask me about bitcoin, and then they ask me how many I have. I always just say "it's not about how much bitcoin you have, it's about how much bitcoin you know"

Meaning, I think the better you understand what bitcoin is, and what it means, the better you will be able to navigate our uncertain financial future.
legendary
Activity: 3990
Merit: 4460
You're never too old to think young.
To deal with the FUD and panic we had today, and currently be sitting at over 3%+ in the last 24 hours as of this post, is incredibly good news for the long term prospects.

Bitcoin Bozo always seems to bounce back.

Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Anatomy of a bubble might finally become true.(sub 200$)
You can quote me on that.

The bottom lasted 2 seconds  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3990
Merit: 4460
You're never too old to think young.
Anatomy of a bubble might finally become true.(sub 200$)
You can quote me on that.

Looks like a hard bounce off of extremely oversold conditions in bollinger band and RSI (even I was never expecting it to drop this low this fast). However, it recently crossed under ichimoku cloud which is now sitting at $775. So I'm not expecting a sudden rocket to the moon (or even 800). I think right now we're just seeing a frenzy where people are panic buying their coins back after they panic sold due to the news and thinking bitcoin was doomed. Once the rebuy is over, things might settle down and then drift into the next (or final) downwave.

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

legendary
@theshmadz
Anyone want to fulfill this thread's purpose and provide some insight as to where we are headed?

*Note, I have no TA abilities.  I rely on very basic eye test and common sense*

I think today was VERY bullish for the long term.  To deal with the FUD and panic we had today, and currently be sitting at over 3%+ in the last 24 hours as of this post, is incredibly good news for the long term prospects.

That said, I'd be surprised if we were to really test these buy walls at 720 and 750 (on stamp) too much in the short to medium term.  Lots of buyers spent money today getting cheap coins, which means 1) people are going to be less liquid to buy at current prices and 2) People who got cheap coins could add more selling pressure at these levels.

So short/medium term, I expect a little downward pressure, but nothing too serious.  A lot of low volume sidewise/slightly down activity similar to most of January.  It'll probably be boring and unsexy.

But, I can't help end today with a smile on my face (it helps I got some cheap coins... though not as many or as cheap as I would have liked lol).  While I don't see us headed to the moon for now, I think today was actually a large step in the right direction.

Nice to see a newbie with a sensible outlook.

Welcome to hell!!!1  Grin

Sorry, what i meant to say was, TO DA MOON TOMORROW or else DOOM for all and $10 coins by next week!!!

I feel like I fit in much better now.

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I'll be rich, tomorrow. It's always a day away.

Always keep in mind that this is an experiment.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Anyone want to fulfill this thread's purpose and provide some insight as to where we are headed?

I think today was VERY bullish for the long term.  To deal with the FUD and panic we had today, and currently be sitting at over 3%+ in the last 24 hours as of this post, is incredibly good news for the long term prospects.

That said, I'd be surprised if we were to really test these buy walls at 720 and 750 (on stamp) too much in the short to medium term.  Lots of buyers spent money today getting cheap coins, which means 1) people are going to be less liquid to buy at current prices and 2) People who got cheap coins could add more selling pressure at these levels.

So short/medium term, I expect a little downward pressure, but nothing too serious.  A lot of low volume sidewise/slightly down activity similar to most of January.  It'll probably be boring and unsexy.

But, I can't help end today with a smile on my face (it helps I got some cheap coins... though not as many or as cheap as I would have liked lol).  While I don't see us headed to the moon for now, I think today was actually a large step in the right direction.

Welcome to hell!!!1  Grin

Sorry, what i meant to say was, TO DA MOON TOMORROW or else DOOM for all and $10 coins by next week!!!

I feel like I fit in much better now.
legendary
@theshmadz

Welcome to hell!!!1  Grin

*edit* WTH? I am now hero member!! tremble with fear!!! Oh wait, remember that bitcoin does not require heroes. bitcoin does not require consent. And I'm just a joker who punches my fingers on a flat thing with a bunch of buttons  Cheesy
Jump to: