Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31174. (Read 26395343 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Could you show me such a system?

First you need to learn how to think like a trader, which is very similar to the way a professional poker player manages risk and variance.

Then you must study and learn how to create a system, is not a simple task because you are dealing with a huge numbers of variables, you always have to lose a little to avoid excessive risks and exposures.

It takes time but it is the only way if you wanna keep your money while doing trading.

A better route is to buy and hold, is the best strategy by far until now.

I recommend these books:

http://www.amazon.com/Trading-Business-Joe-Ross/dp/9768108223

http://www.amazon.com/Fooled-Randomness-Hidden-Chance-Markets/dp/0812975219

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Swan-Impact-Highly-Improbable-ebook/dp/B002RI99IM/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1384869633&sr=1-1&keywords=black+swan

know doubt!~ i've been buying up alts at fire sale prices all week! LMFAO!!  Wink -> imo this is going to get good =we eat pigs!!!
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
I am never going all in anymore. Last night when the crash started I was like:

- ok don't worry, this is merely a correction
- At this point i was pulling my hair out and getting ready to panic sell

Luckily I didnt and held until it rebounded to 800. But it seriously felt like an April scenario (even though I wasn't there). It's a feeling I never want to experience anymore. Losing all my profits plus some of my original savings feels like the worst thing in the world. I was ready to cry. But lesson learnt...Don't trade on emotions (and yes I've only been introduced to the stock/bitcoin exchange thing since I discovered bitcoin back in April)

Don't worry you can always sell at rebound. Is there been one time that rebound has not delivered?

April it only rebounded to half of 266. This time it rebounded to 800, so only 100 less than the high of 900.

In April Gox went down. I believe that if it didn't, things would be different.
Activity: 365
Merit: 250

Opinions?

Check the old posts, this image was on the crash of july 2011 and april 2013.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
When is the second meeting today?

Let's not underestimate the current reality, and the idiomatic truth of the market "buy the rumor, sell the news". Careful out there.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Luckily I didnt and held until it rebounded to 800. But it seriously felt like an April scenario (even though I wasn't there). It's a feeling I never want to experience anymore. Losing all my profits plus some of my original savings feels like the worst thing in the world. I was ready to cry. But lesson learnt...Don't trade on emotions (and yes I've only been introduced to the stock/bitcoin exchange thing since I discovered bitcoin back in April)

Don't worry you can always sell at rebound. Is there been one time that rebound has not delivered?

April it only rebounded to half of 266. This time it rebounded to 800, so only 100 less than the high of 900.
Activity: 812
Merit: 587
Space Lord
Activity: 492
Pretty volatile day I must say  Grin
Activity: 238
Damn, there was some bitcoins to be made, but i was too euphoric to sell at 750 stamp. Luckily made 10 BTC from the rebound... But could have made a lot more...

Had to wake up like 4-5 times this night.

Days like today, they thicken my skin. Just be glad you're making money. I'm down from the 900 high (who isn't, sheesh), but doing fine too.

Well i don't care short-term dollars, but bitcoins. So ofc I'm down in dollars, but little bit up in bitcoins (which are a LOT harder to come by)

Says the guy who *gets* that fiat is broken.  Wink It's all how you count your future.

Still, DAAAAYYYYYUUUUUUMMMMMMM, thermodynamics, you crazy bitch.

SCIENCE BITCH!

I don't get it, is this for me?=) (i know what thermodynamics means)
Activity: 238

You seem to be around for a while, why are you still trading like a rookie?

I've been around since April but haven't traded much, only since the start of this bubble. Normally I'm overly cautious but the euphoria of the last couple weeks got to me. I honestly believed it wouldn't crash.

First you need to learn how to think like a trader, which is very similar to the way a professional poker player manages risk and variance.

Then you must study and learn how to create a system, is not a simple task because you are dealing with a huge numbers of variables, you always have to lose a little to avoid excessive risks and exposures.

It takes time but it is the only way if you wanna keep your money while doing trading.

A better route is to buy and hold, is the best strategy by far until now.

I recommend these books:

http://www.amazon.com/Trading-Business-Joe-Ross/dp/9768108223

http://www.amazon.com/Fooled-Randomness-Hidden-Chance-Markets/dp/0812975219

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Swan-Impact-Highly-Improbable-ebook/dp/B002RI99IM/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1384869633&sr=1-1&keywords=black+swan
Space Lord
Activity: 126
I have a feeling the rest of the day is going to be flat lining. Maybe time for a well deserved break.

Obviously, you're joking.
Activity: 189
You are here ---------> but you're not all there.
Space Lord

Follow a system or you will be foolished by your brain, remember that the majority loses.

Follow a system or you will be foolished by your brain, remember that the majority loses.
Activity: 462

You seem to be around for a while, why are you still trading like a rookie?

Activity: 462
I have a feeling the rest of the day is going to be flat lining. Maybe time for a well deserved break.
Jump to: