Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31193. (Read 26382433 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
There are some major differences now vs april. The most important one:

- Volume is spread in different exchanges

I highly doubt that we will see same kind of superpaniccrash that took place in %80 volume leading shitgox. Base in stronger. There were maybe 20k sold now and it didn't make a big dent and thats over 10 000 000 USD...
Activity: 525
Merit: 500
..yeah
anyone care to tell me why this is:

mtgox: 598
bfx: 573
btce 537
btsmp: 522

bitcoin.de: 430€ aka 580$

mtgox: sure, they don't do so well on payments, thats the reason I see here for high prices.
bitfinex: wow, what the actual fuck?
bitstamp: why are they way lower? Sure they pay, but so does bitfinex. Is it because bitfinex is kinda new as an exchange (new design recently, so a big startover, ending beta-phase).
bitcoin.de: forget those germans, this looks kinda stupid to me.

So why is not bitstamp leading the price? They have around the same volume in trades as Mtgox has.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10

Why not spend them when I can pay less when paying with bitcoin and buy the coins at the time of use?

Because the BTC you bought "at the time of use" may be worth $100 more the next day and could buy you a whole lot more?
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Ok..this is the worst timing I hate Plus500  Angry Angry Angry

I keep bitcoin since mid october, the leverage was very good, the price was cheap and yeah I didn't got "eaten" by the margin. But without reason all my position as been closed at 580 !!!!!
They also changed the leverage of 10:1 to 2:1 and increase the margin and they increased the comission to 8$ per bitcoin traded! Shocked

It is 5h30 the morning here, and I am losing an opportunity!

I needed to talk to someone, dont ever think to trade on Plus500!
So now...Bitstamp or Mtgox?
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068
Just half an hour ago, the whole ask orders are around 1000 BTC in BTCChina, but now there're 1600BTC up to 3990 CNY now. It seems a quick small correction attracts quit a lot sellers.

Just wait to see what happens when 60k coins are rapidly dumped as it happened on April, 10th.

Considering the current bid depth and daily volume, dumping 60k coins at once may drop the price to almost 0, but meanwhile you could dump it carefully for couple of days without affecting the price much.

For someone has 60k coins (that's more than $30M now), I doubt he will choose to dump at once and lose half of his wealth.

Guess you're new here Wink Last weekends dip was about 60k dumped and it crashed the price to... where it was 3 days before. No one knows where the hell this is going but in terms of volume on the exchanges and panic buying we're at about $120 on the April rise.
I mean sell it to the wall immediately, as the most extreme case, but yes I admit no one will do something like that.

Large scale dumping tends to happen in stages.

For example someone dumps about 4000 BTC like we just saw.

The price will then quickly recover on low volume and everyone runs around congratulating themselves and patting each other on the back because they were strong and for 'holding' their coins instead of selling.

The wealthy guy just made a shit load of money off the back of those who didn't sell.

As soon as the bids fill in it happens again.

This is if one person is dumping. If another whale is watching (and they will be) it will be a race to see who holds out the longest before dumping.

As far as I'm concerned this is how a mass dumping event happens. All it takes is one or two to play the dumping game at the same time then others join in. Before you know it there's a free for all and everyone who's actively trading dumps their coins, exchanges get overloaded and the price bounces around like a ball bouncing down a stairway.

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
It's sade how miners have to stick with USD to get a positive ROI Smiley

hey its "virtual gold" even gold compares itself to something..now when paypal and ebay take BTC that will loosen up a lot ..may work its way the other way around comparing USD to the amount of BTC you coulda had at a certain point in time

just saying "mental games" ...that earth killing asteroid coming straight down on earth over the north pole (no telescopes to warn us) will probably make this all moot next week

karma is a bi*ch and I myself am gonna play "look out for trucks next week"  goes around comes around (prob tues with btc crash sigh)

they do call this forum "speculation right......also everthing I think I know is wrong do the opposite odds are better for you

If bitcoin was to be accepted by ebay/paypal, I predict the mother of all spikes followed by the daddy of all crashes when people realise only 1% of the bitcoin community will actually spend their bitcoins as a currency for goods.  Who here would just start giving their bitcoins away in return for stuff that you could buy with fiat? And what can I sell you?

Why not spend them when I can pay less when paying with bitcoin and buy the coins at the time of use?
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Just half an hour ago, the whole ask orders are around 1000 BTC in BTCChina, but now there're 1600BTC up to 3990 CNY now. It seems a quick small correction attracts quit a lot sellers.

Just wait to see what happens when 60k coins are rapidly dumped as it happened on April, 10th.

It will be interesting to see how this affects the market when it happens.

In "optimal" circumstances, it will drop the market to about its trendline, at most 25% below it. In other words, now it would go to $250-$350 area.

I would not waste my coins just yet, if I were a market manipulator...Wink
Activity: 107
Merit: 10

hey its "virtual gold" even gold compares itself to something..now when paypal and ebay take BTC that will loosen up a lot ..may work its way the other way around comparing USD to the amount of BTC you coulda had at a certain point in time

just saying "mental games" ...that earth killing asteroid coming straight down on earth over the north pole (no telescopes to warn us) will probably make this all moot next week

karma is a bi*ch and I myself am gonna play "look out for trucks next week"  goes around comes around (prob tues with btc crash sigh)

they do call this forum "speculation right......also everthing I think I know is wrong do the opposite odds are better for you

If bitcoin was to be accepted by ebay/paypal, I predict the mother of all spikes followed by the daddy of all crashes when people realise only 1% of the bitcoin community will actually spend their bitcoins as a currency for goods.  Who here would just start giving their bitcoins away in return for stuff that you could buy with fiat? And what can I sell you?
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

Considering the current bid depth and daily volume, dumping 60k coins at once may drop the price to almost 0, but meanwhile you could dump it carefully for couple of days without affecting the price much.

For someone has 60k coins (that's more than $30M now), I doubt he will choose to dump at once and lose half of his wealth.

Guess you're new here Wink Last weekends dip was about 60k dumped and it crashed the price to... where it was 3 days before. No one knows where the hell this is going but in terms of volume on the exchanges and panic buying we're at about $120 on the April rise.
I mean sell it to the wall immediately (the order book of BTCChina is not so thick anyway), as the most extreme case, but yes I admit no one will do something like that.
legendary
Mining will get ROI in fiat, yes. Mining will get ROI in BTC, no. Just that simple. People have different definitions of ROI.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Activity: 462
Let's call the weekend low. My guess 382

gox price btw

Noobs expect a dump so 523 confirmed

GG Easy.

Isn't it time we ditch the fiat pricing model? I for one don't want any dirty fiat anymore.
Activity: 336
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
Im scared lol

been at this 1 month mining 21 coins....hmmm......may have to take any coin I get put in paper wallet USB and place far away in
safe deposit box in a bank......if I plan to just hoard.....this is like trying to take a break from women at the playboy mansion....restraint man
restraint.....

crap its only been 1 month of this for me no wonder everyone on here is insane

damn 21 coins... here I am sitting with 1 coin lol

got a KNC Jupiter I expected to make ROI in a lesiurey fashion in say 9 months to 1 year...as I expected hype to slow down etc more equip etc.....mad ROI in 25 days
started mining oct 18th I think coin then was around $150

to say I'm noob and confused is an understatement

ah hell its only money (or not depending on what the u.s. house says on Monday about all this)

Very confused indeed. Your ROI is negative because you bought a BTC minting machine, and you would have bought more coins with your fiat that coins your machine will ever mint.

Not true, the Jupiters did in fact ROI against purchasing coins.
\

You must suck at math.... sorry for your lost.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/will-a-sepoct-knc-jupiter-ever-roi-317838
copper member
Clueless!
Im scared lol

been at this 1 month mining 21 coins....hmmm......may have to take any coin I get put in paper wallet USB and place far away in
safe deposit box in a bank......if I plan to just hoard.....this is like trying to take a break from women at the playboy mansion....restraint man
restraint.....

got a KNC Jupiter I expected to make ROI in a lesiurey fashion in say 9 months to 1 year...as I expected hype to slow down etc more equip etc.....mad ROI in 25 days

ah hell its only money (or not depending on what the u.s. house says on Monday about all this)

Very confused indeed. Your ROI is negative because you bought a BTC minting machine, and you would have bought more coins with your fiat that coins your machine will ever mint.

\

er how did I suck at math (not saying your wrong...it is some obvious trick in that I'm scratching my head with my Jupiter paid off (at least in the paper trail of my own mind ..ie still have coins) is that what you mean? (also true...we also serve that hold the bag when it all goes boom)
legendary

copper member
Clueless!

Does that include your power consumption?

heh power consumption being really really optimistic and selling at 600 bucks BTC at www.mtgox.com  minus the $7,131.80 USD I spent w/shipping (and not counting power supply)for the KNC Jupiter i have....I'm under those more then rosy conditions at 21 coins @$12,600 USD....minus $7131.80 that is $5,468.20 ahead and I'll have been mining 1 month tomorrow 11/18 as of 8:30pm CST USA.....as for electric it is a bit less then 100 bucks I think around 80 bucks but call it 100 cause I've been home a lot babysitting miner and giggling so more use on other computers and such this month

of course it will all go boom and I will probably be looking at 1/2 ROI on Monday after the U.S. House hearings ...or some such bad news...but hey that works too for 1 month of mining I have a Jupiter hashing 555gh consistent ..just put the new firmware on now 0.99 its hashing at around 564gh consistent....

heh been a good nite for me at least in the delusions of my own mind (yeah we are all insane it is only real variable that is constant in all this)

Searing

How about spend $7K in bitcoin @$100 when you order the KNC ?
70*600 = $42K
Better no ?

I don't disagree but again at least as of summer of 2013 then things were not so nuts...most new to BTC bought miners as the 'safe' way to get into BTC ..speculation was not so nuts as it is now...so everyone I've talked to mined first...now that may be different this fall ....but most noobs DID mine first from my experience

but your point is correct to those who dropped 7k plus on 60 buck BTC and have kept it now past 600 usd now ..I salute you ..you have big brass ones...

myself I think btc was 150 1 month ago and was 600 btc a bit ago and I've managed to keep my 21 coins after 1 month .....for someone with the will power of a gerbil I'm quite proud of myself...(but again we are all insane and it will go boom tues probably ....just saying...when you find yourself in a nut house it is only polite to tell the other patients)
Activity: 462
Im scared lol

restraint.....

\

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
Things are not looking good for the USD. It's fallen below the 2 mBTC level for the first time ever:

Activity: 894
Merit: 501
In this picture I will demonstrate how daytrading can be profitable:

lol!
Jump to: