Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31189. (Read 26369335 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
$500!!!!

looks like the chinese were later after all...

I think the impact of demand from China is overblown.  The volume in China is driven by day traders because of the 0% commission rate.  I think new U.S. investors with deep pockets are behind most of the recent price increase.

If I were given to conspiracy theories, I would think that the media was scheming to link the price of Bitcoin to made-up Chinese demand, expecting the Chinese government to outlaw Bitcoin, thus creating a big crash.
1) Any reason for your first assumption?
2) Why on earth should the Chinese government outlaw Bitcoins? It's a gift from heaven for Chinese economics. It might get like the nuclear bomb of international economics.

1.  I have no proof.  I have no secret source from China.  When I read things in the lamestrealm media, I try to read between the lines.  I try to figure out what facts they started out with before they started their garbling and slanting process.  I'm guessing that they saw reports of high volume at BTCChina and falsely concluded that this must necessarily mean there is high buying demand in China.  They probably don't know about the 0% commissions, or don't understand that it would lead to a heavy volume of speculative day trading.

The burden of proof lies on the one who asserts the positive, and I have seen nothing outside of MSM reports to suggest extraordinary demand from China.

2.  The Chinese government believes in tight capital controls and has already outlawed other non-government currencies.  The best predictor of future behavior is relevant past behavior.

you should have stopped posting after 'I have no proof' because it only makes you more clueless
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/76256/will-cig-at-some-point-accept-bitcoins-as-payment

The hate and ignorance in this thread is so laughable. It really shows the common folk really still think of bitcoin as monopoly money. What would make these people's opinions change? Or will they be skeptics until the very end?

you call them common folk ? LMAO!!!   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
People are resistant of change and skeptical by their very nature.  Time is the only force that will convince them otherwise.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/76256/will-cig-at-some-point-accept-bitcoins-as-payment

The hate and ignorance in this thread is so laughable. It really shows the common folk really still think of bitcoin as monopoly money. What would make these people's opinions change? Or will they be skeptics until the very end?
Activity: 854
Merit: 501
Bitcoinity down for me
In Gord We Trust

Yeah, it's kind of a novelty site, but fun to watch all the same. There is a nice steady stream flowing into China and kinda of erratic spurts of BTC flowing into the US and EU. It kinda reminds me of the tortoise and the hare. I wonder who will win. Cheesy

Bitcoinity has been finicky for me all day.
Activity: 19
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.

~nice site!~>Chinese are dumping their worthless paper!!!?= WEEEEE  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3990
Merit: 4460
You're never too old to think young.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
legendary
Activity: 1484
Strange, yet attractive.
In Gord We Trust
legendary
Activity: 1204
Gresham's Lawyer
Bounced down off resistance at CNY 3K, but looks like making another run at it.
legendary
Activity: 3990
Merit: 4460
You're never too old to think young.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Anyway, if we follow that purple line indefinitely, I'm not complaining Smiley

We are already 50% over the monthly-average exponential trendline, so a retracement is possible any time.

If the price dipped to $400 right now, would you buy? $350? $300?

The fewer buyers, the more vicious the crash will be.

I think that if we go down from here, it will be 2-3 months maximum until we get back. Also $266 will not be violated. By bitcoin standards, this should hardly even be called a correction...Smiley

I have buy orders at $270 and $330 still up for bid. However I do not expect them to be fulfilled.

i will sell .5BTC for that! >> NOT!!!  Grin
Jump to: