Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31849. (Read 26368937 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1745
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
Yeah more and more people are figuring out how to get a japanese account (i couldn't though, if you have any insight please shoot me a pm Smiley

Activity: 533
Merit: 539
Truth is their customer base in Japan is only like 90% smaller than the US and euro customer base. So they probably don't give a fuck about 1 or 2 people withdrawing yen. So that's not representative of their possible problems at all.

Look at the Mt.Gox Yen chart:

http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/

Since a week ago there is more and more volume.
Now near 2.5k today.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Truth is their customer base in Japan is only like 90% smaller than the US and euro customer base. So they probably don't give a fuck about 1 or 2 people withdrawing yen. So that's not representative of their possible problems at all.
what....
BTC/YEN is trading strong! buybbuybuy
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
and how would you know? do you live in japan?

Cheesy

obviously yen is easier to get out of gox then usd at the moment, waiting for a Gox Update... i wish they were more transparent, but i understand they don't want to freak everyone out for no reason... they showed us their books last year, showing a small loss, altho they have 5 MIllion USD lock up with Dollwa, they must be making a heavy profit this year all exchanges are.

soon they will have their paperwork in order and not have to pay so much lawyer fees , AML compliance is a big dealonly in the USA!!the bitcoin ETF will be brought out in the first 45 mins...
Activity: 504
and how would you know? do you live in japan?
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Whilst we all know the difficulties associated with trying to withdraw USD from Mt.Gox at the moment, has anyone had any success trying to withdraw in other currencies?

Withdrawing Japanese yen from MtGox remains smooth and snappy, as of last week. Like 3-4 days.
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
there was a whale identification thread going on last week here somewhere.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1745
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 686
Ultranode
No USD wires except the priority 5% manually processed wires are leaving gox.
Anyone know how the minimum amount required to qualify for manual processing?

Obviously the whales aren't having any problem moving fiat in and out.

Maybe this whale is MtGox. :-)
LOL Thought of that myself.

Maybe someone should start a thread/poll about the identity of the whale(s) who have carried this recent rise. I've seen lots of speculation.

Let's see. We could start with:

Winklevoss
Paypal
Rothschild
MtGox
Uncle Sam
Google
Walsoraj
etc

The list goes on...
Grin Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 3990
Merit: 4460
You're never too old to think young.

LOL Thought of that myself.

Maybe someone should start a thread/poll about the identity of the whale(s) who have carried this recent rise. I've seen lots of speculation.

Let's see. We could start with:

Winklevoss
Paypal
Rothschild
MtGox
Uncle Sam
Google
etc

The list goes on...
Activity: 854
Whilst we all know the difficulties associated with trying to withdraw USD from Mt.Gox at the moment, has anyone had any success trying to withdraw in other currencies?

Specifically, I'm hoping to find out whether I could withdraw GBP back into the same UK bank account from which my Gox account was originally funded, without it taking more than a few days. Then potentially jump ship and head over to another exchange. Not 100% sure yet but just considering options.

Any first-hand experiences out there? Cheers guys.

I would like to know this as well, only thing stopping me from moving GBP is I don't want to miss out on trading etc while things are volatile

nothing worse than waiting 4 + weeks for your transfer.
legendary
Activity: 1400

legendary
Activity: 3990
Merit: 4460
You're never too old to think young.

legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
Something i've been asking myself. Say you buy a house in only bitcoin without paying taxes on it, followed by a visit from the IRS. You say you bought the house in bitcoin, what can they do? Can they throw you in jail or fine you for that since you used an "erschatz" currency?

They can claim taxes. Not paying due taxes can lead to incarceration.

If you have some of your money in another currency and buy something with it, I don't think capital gains would be involved. This is a question for a lawyer but I can't imagine countries, banks, etc. who have their money in other currencies, must pay capital gains on things for purchases made.

I was under the understanding that taxes are paid when going from currency to currency (depending on country). Here in Germany you have no capital gains on BTC's held for over one year.

IAS

buying a house, especially if its a second house... you'll get tax... you can try to pay with bitcoin at never declare it... idk i wouldn't...

You are looking at is as if BTC was an investment. I'm saying you are just holding another currency.
If you go to another country and exchange thousands in that currency and then come home and that currency's value increases, do you pay a capital gains tax on it? I can't imagine that happening.

Now, if you see BTC as a stock, that might be another matter. But, it is a currency.

I don't doubt there can be legal implications, I'm just saying I think it is way too early to speak with any certainty here.

IAS
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362
I know It is for weeks now in EUR, no more issues.
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
Something i've been asking myself. Say you buy a house in only bitcoin without paying taxes on it, followed by a visit from the IRS. You say you bought the house in bitcoin, what can they do? Can they throw you in jail or fine you for that since you used an "erschatz" currency?

If you have some of your money in another currency and buy something with it, I don't think capital gains would be involved. This is a question for a lawyer but I can't imagine countries, banks, etc. who have their money in other currencies, must pay capital gains on things for purchases made.

I was under the understanding that taxes are paid when going from currency to currency (depending on country). Here in Germany you have no capital gains on BTC's held for over one year.

IAS

buying a house, especially if its a second house... you'll get tax... you can try to pay with bitcoin at never declare it... idk i wouldn't...
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile

IAS
Jump to: