Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31850. (Read 26368612 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
Anyone know when the 134 wall went missing?   Market buy coming or trend reversal?
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1745
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
Anyone got a graph of declining book volumes and trajectory for Mt Gox?? Or even better volumes versus other exchanges?
The average per day for the year is >50k for gox last 50 days its 20k average. Bitstamps has about 6.5k ave. for the year and 10k last 50 days US market. gox'es trentline ponting down bistamp is on a strong uprend. The regulators doing a good job decentralising the exchanges for the decentralised currency.

I agree. People wailing doom and gloom about this drop in volume are 1) overlooking how much more expensive 1 BTC is now then it was 'back then' and 2) not celebrating the decentralisation of the exchange process. This should hopefully lead to less ability for panic to spread (Remember the collapse was caused as much as a result of gox'es failures to run the exchange properly as it was any real loss of faith in fundamentals). I hope it also helps temper any future stratospheric rises.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Anyone got a graph of declining book volumes and trajectory for Mt Gox?? Or even better volumes versus other exchanges?
The average per day for the year is >50k for gox last 50 days its 20k average. Bitstamps has about 6.5k ave. for the year and 10k last 50 days US market. gox'es trentline ponting down bistamp is on a strong uprend. The regulators doing a good job decentralising the exchanges for the decentralised currency.

http://i.minus.com/jj30w1e0uV8Ht.jpg

Oh nice work! Would have expected a bigger decline on Gox. Must be some way people are still cashing out. Staff perhaps. That or stupidity.
Activity: 255
Merit: 250
and... we're back

didnt you hear?

Mt GOX HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN!

TV news ... oh how I love you so
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
BUY BUY BUY your MTGOX USD is WAYYY overvalued BUY BUY BUY   Cheesy
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Gox down..

502 Bad Gateway
nginx/1.2.1

Not Accessible?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth

FNG
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1022
Happy monday everyone. Hope we have a good week.
legendary
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 896
This whole rally from $100 is pure manipulation
May be manipulated higher for sure, but on this volume, with no obvious new money, when the rug is pulled it will fall far and fast

So what? There are no bailouts in this market. The "manipulators" are risking real (well fiat LOL) and large amounts of money. In this market they can lose just like everyone else, and they stand to lose a lot if the market goes against them.

Did you think they can do whatever they want without the possibility of a bigger fish (or an entire school of minnows) gulping them up?

+1. Exactly this. I don't see anything bad about "manipulation" if the manipulators have to suffer the consequences of their actions.
Well, thats where it gets iffy. A large enough whale can drive the market wherever it wants. It doesnt have the same risk a smaller trader has.

Like the Hunt brothers, for example? How did that work out for them?

Much bigger market Wink

Thats why its possible in bitcoin, at least for now.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 896
This whole rally from $100 is pure manipulation
May be manipulated higher for sure, but on this volume, with no obvious new money, when the rug is pulled it will fall far and fast

So what? There are no bailouts in this market. The "manipulators" are risking real (well fiat LOL) and large amounts of money. In this market they can lose just like everyone else, and they stand to lose a lot if the market goes against them.

Did you think they can do whatever they want without the possibility of a bigger fish (or an entire school of minnows) gulping them up?

+1. Exactly this. I don't see anything bad about "manipulation" if the manipulators have to suffer the consequences of their actions.
Well, thats where it gets iffy. A large enough whale can drive the market wherever it wants. It doesnt have the same risk a smaller trader has.
Jump to: