Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31946. (Read 26470338 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
oh noes

we crashed back to...um...12 hours ago

In bitcoin years thats like eternity.

That was back when the difficulty was only 390M.

The good old days.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1340
(not so I can eat cheetos, however.  In fact, wtf are cheetos?)

Ah, we call em "Wotsits" over here.  Exceptionally cheese dust keyboard slip inducing.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 4543
diamond-handed zealot

sorry guys, couldn't resist
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
I just realized something:

After a drop like this there's often another one about 20-30 minutes afterwards.

The time it takes to transfer BTC to an exchange?

Time it takes to get the cheeto dust off their fingers.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
oh noes

That was back when the difficulty was only 390M.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
oh noes

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
I just realized something:

After a drop like this there's often another one about 20-30 minutes afterwards.

The time it takes to transfer BTC to an exchange?

EDIT: last 6 blocks took 20 minutes. How many confirmations do mtgox / bitstamp use for deposits?
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
(not so I can eat cheetos, however.  In fact, wtf are cheetos?)

donator
I would eat my balls and lead a happy life everafter.

Witnessed  Wink

Molecular has created so epic quintuple-spend with his balls already, I suspect that all the transactions will be nullified and he still has them in 2016.

Multiple claims on my balls? So what, it's a good thing. Everyone's fractional-reserve banking and re-hypothecating nowaday, no? So why not me?

Even so, I would prefer multiple dames  Wink .

Could well be claims by dames was what I was getting at Wink
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Activity: 520
So, about this btccharts.com thing...how to i put on different charts from different exchanges?  I really want bitstamp, gox (well, not really but people seem to use it, i hate it) and any other reputable exchanges...
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1340
Now we will get a few more mini-dumps from people who are slow on the panic button.  I imagine these people where elbow deep in a bag of cheetos when the saw the dump go down on bitcoinity. They tried to click "PANIC" on their computer, but the cheeto dust made their fat, stubby little fingers too greasy and their fingers kept sliding off.  By the time they were done sucking the orange toxin off their digits everyone else here had already laughed off the dump.

Cheesy

I try not to keep any BTC anywhere which might enable me to panic and reaction sell, for this very reason (not so I can eat cheetos, however.  In fact, wtf are cheetos?)
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

Witnessed  Wink

Molecular has created so epic quintuple-spend with his balls already, I suspect that all the transactions will be nullified and he still has them in 2016.

Multiple claims on my balls? So what, it's a good thing. Everyone's fractional-reserve banking and re-hypothecating nowaday, no? So why not me?

Even so, I would prefer multiple dames  Wink .
donator
Amazes me how fast the price can plummet after how long it takes to climb.

you must be new here Wink
Activity: 784
Merit: 506
Gox still appears to be the favourite dumping ground - so much so gox vol is close to catching up with Stamp now...

legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 4543
diamond-handed zealot
oh noes

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
Is anyone else relieved we're getting this pull back/'crash'/correction/'bubble-burst' (or whatever this is) or am I just weird Wink

Yes, very relieved.

Let's see if there's a second drop even lower, but I doubt it. It feels good, was getting a bit nervous. The longer the way up, the harder the fall. We don't need a real panic here Wink

Agreed. It was getting out of control.
Activity: 518

Yea, there are a lot of people who have a disproportionate amount of coinage from the early days.  This is what makes each climb in price even that much more impressive.
maz
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
donator

Witnessed  Wink

Jump to: