Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31949. (Read 26470333 times)

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029
I had to quit my day job in April because I could no longer in good conscience take a paycheck when I was spending all day watching Bitcoinity.

I was thinking the other day that we need a new statistic to track this type of lost productivity. I propose "days Bitcoin destroyed."

LOL!! This is the funniest thing I've read in weeks! Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 770
Merit: 501

Cheesy

too early, imo wednesday is much better for ATH
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Activity: 518
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
what's up with blockchain.info? or have we really not found a block in 90 mins?

It happens from time to time.

And

legendary
Activity: 1652

6 blocks from BTC Guild in a row  Shocked

pomg!1 41% att0ck
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes

Bitcoinwatch seems stuck as well.

6 blocks from BTC Guild in a row  Shocked

It happens from time to time.
legendary
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Does everybody realize that public opinion is changing positive towards Bitcoin?

People are starting to realize that bitcoin is the currency of the resistance against the banks, corporations and governments stealing their wealth. Once this idea settles in there's no stopping it.

oh but there is: the governments of the world could get together and decide to roll out govcoin (with not strings attached, publicly minable) and make it legal tender globally.

It's just pretty unlikely to happen.

Actually: I would eat my balls and lead a happy life everafter.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1340
Looks like there are no SEPA deposit-queue problems on Bitstamp.

Not at all, I did a transfer yesterday morning from UK and it was in by lunch time ready to trade.

I've just yesterday morning done an international wire from UK to Bitstamp but it hasn't arrived yet.  Can you do SEPA from UK? Was it from a Euro account?

You can SEPA from a UK account, but I think you have to convert to euros, which costs more than wiring pounds to Bitstamp's excellent exchange rate. SEPA is faster though, yes

edit: Citi-bank does euro and dollar accounts. That would be the way to go with your'e doing allot of trading or arbitrage

Yeah, SEPA is tricky from UK because you are exposed to two currency exchanges, on your end GBP -> EUR and on our end EUR -> USD which even if a SEPA deposit is free can be costlier. Btw on our end currency conversion is done automatically by our bank free of charge at their daily exchange rate spreads: http://www.unicreditbank.si/tecajna_lista/?t=1&id_menu=&language=ENG

Thanks guys, that's helpful.

I went for the international transfer option in order to save on conversion fees, but I seem to have lost way more than that by having to hang around a bit longer whilst watching the price rocket.  Ah well.

I've been all BTC since I pulled them out of Gox back in August so can't complain too much - holding policy has worked very nicely  Grin  For the first time though, a friend has just asked me to buy BTC for him, so I've just opened a BitStamp account solely for this purpose and, hopefully, to buy more for others in the future.  The word is clearly spreading quickly.  Happy days.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 4543
diamond-handed zealot
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
Gox at 256...
Should we count down from 10 ?

10 ....

11  Wink