Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31950. (Read 26470386 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
what's up with blockchain.info? or have we really not found a block in 90 mins?
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Does everybody realize that public opinion is changing positive towards Bitcoin?

People are starting to realize that bitcoin is the currency of the resistance against the banks, corporations and governments stealing their wealth. Once this idea settles in there's no stopping it.

oh but there is: the governments of the world could get together and decide to roll out govcoin (with not strings attached, publicly minable) and make it legal tender globally.

It's just pretty unlikely to happen.

Actually: I would eat my balls and lead a happy life everafter.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1340
Looks like there are no SEPA deposit-queue problems on Bitstamp.

Not at all, I did a transfer yesterday morning from UK and it was in by lunch time ready to trade.

I've just yesterday morning done an international wire from UK to Bitstamp but it hasn't arrived yet.  Can you do SEPA from UK? Was it from a Euro account?

You can SEPA from a UK account, but I think you have to convert to euros, which costs more than wiring pounds to Bitstamp's excellent exchange rate. SEPA is faster though, yes

edit: Citi-bank does euro and dollar accounts. That would be the way to go with your'e doing allot of trading or arbitrage

Yeah, SEPA is tricky from UK because you are exposed to two currency exchanges, on your end GBP -> EUR and on our end EUR -> USD which even if a SEPA deposit is free can be costlier. Btw on our end currency conversion is done automatically by our bank free of charge at their daily exchange rate spreads: http://www.unicreditbank.si/tecajna_lista/?t=1&id_menu=&language=ENG

Thanks guys, that's helpful.

I went for the international transfer option in order to save on conversion fees, but I seem to have lost way more than that by having to hang around a bit longer whilst watching the price rocket.  Ah well.

I've been all BTC since I pulled them out of Gox back in August so can't complain too much - holding policy has worked very nicely  Grin  For the first time though, a friend has just asked me to buy BTC for him, so I've just opened a BitStamp account solely for this purpose and, hopefully, to buy more for others in the future.  The word is clearly spreading quickly.  Happy days.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 4543
diamond-handed zealot
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
Gox at 256...
Should we count down from 10 ?

10 ....

11  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
In all likelyhood we'll bounce off of $260 (before ATH) before continuing up on Gox. $266 is just a gigantic sized resistance its not even funny.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
But Gox has been good for volatility and stability of the trading platform so far. But I agree, looking for an exit strategy myself. Going to sleep on it and ponder the question later.

Time to Push The Tempo and get to 266 already.

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Man I still am slapping myself for being on gox for so long. Bitstamp calculating prices for buy / sell WITH THE FEE INCLUDED is a godsend.

Also the fact that they give you breaks on fees based on USD traded and not BTC is also much more honest, with gox fees effectively go up with bitcoin price which is a joke so now you need to trade 3x as much to get breaks on fees and keep trading that and they still don't match stamps.

Gox is straight up dishonest, they dont even warn you of withdrawal delays on their homepage when the ethical thing to do would be just that
Activity: 238
RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!
As in, anyone doing business in bitcoins is classified as a money transfer business and either has to get a licence or quit it.

This isn't actually true. The regulations are aimed at exchanges and " currency creators" ( miners) , not normal businesses who accept BTC.

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
Yes, theUS would simply get left behind in this scenario, and would be incredibly stupid and short-sighted to do so.
In other words, expect it to happen any day now and be ready to buy the dip, because stupid and short-sighted is our primary export.
Activity: 378
Merit: 255
I think we will know when bitcoin has attracted too much attention when the US Government outlaw it. As in, anyone doing business in bitcoins is classified as a money transfer business and either has to get a licence or quit it. At the moment the wall street bankers are attracting most of the attention of Government trying to recoup some money from 2008 fiasco. But if bitcoin gains too much attention, and somehow is no longer is allowed in the USA, see how strong the coin will be then.

i'm in the us and am worried about this scenario. I assume the price would drop dramatically if the US tried to ban it, but if China and much of the world uses bitcoin, wouldn't the value simply spring back up?

If the Second Market list is investing in Bitcoin, then this is extremely unlikely.  The more hedge fund managers that get involved, the better.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪
From a somewhat noobish and and amateur..

The -11 crash came after that hacked account right? And bitcoin lost its real virginity
The april -12 came after a serious targeted attack that caused panic again.

Will next real crash (not correction) again come from something going wrong in a technical sense?

The crash at 266 was due. The DDOS was just the trigger.
Agreed on this, we had a freaking fork with a guy doublespending $10k (or something like that) during the last bubble runup, when BTC was at 50.  If it wants to go higher, a slow exchange site isn't going to stop bitcoin.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I think we will know when bitcoin has attracted too much attention when the US Government outlaw it. As in, anyone doing business in bitcoins is classified as a money transfer business and either has to get a licence or quit it. At the moment the wall street bankers are attracting most of the attention of Government trying to recoup some money from 2008 fiasco. But if bitcoin gains too much attention, and somehow is no longer is allowed in the USA, see how strong the coin will be then.

i'm in the us and am worried about this scenario. I assume the price would drop dramatically if the US tried to ban it, but if China and much of the world uses bitcoin, wouldn't the value simply spring back up?

Yes, things can exist without US involvement.  Would just suck for those of us in the US who are interested in the currency. Cheesy
Activity: 924

Yes, the US would simply get left behind in this scenario, and would be incredibly stupid and short-sighted to do so.
Activity: 230

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Btw on our end currency conversion is done automatically by our bank free of charge at their daily exchange rate spreads: http://www.unicreditbank.si/tecajna_lista/?t=1&id_menu=&language=ENG
In my experience over several deposits in a month, it's not quite free of charge, the rate given is ~0.8% less than the unicredit rates listed.
Activity: 196
I would be very wary talking about public opinion. Wait to a few of the new bloods have committed to bitcoin only to see there $250 dollar coins be worth less than $100 in a month. ( or days even if sentiment changes ).

The 'world police' only have to shine the spotlight on bitcoin and tell the rest of the world to back off...and it will be back to competing with all the other alt-coins for under a dollar a coin.

(... ahhh, you guessed it, I want to buy back in )
Activity: 854
I just did a sepa from the UK, because I'd rather get the funds sooner and lose a couple £'s then wait for a few days..

Also, trading.i286.org is back with stamp data
Jump to: