Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32013. (Read 26471179 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
What's up with the euro market on Gox? One 70 btc sell dropped the bids to 149 euro, the equivalent of 203 USD, and bids take forever to replenish. I'd trade in USD but the USD > euro exchange rate is too volatile to be holding USD all the time as a european.
legendary
Activity: 1168
Merit: 1000
Yeah, it is absolutely a sign of craziness to care to do linear regression these days.  Roll Eyes
Absolutely! You should fit an exponential growth law Wink (Which you did essentially by taking the log() of the price). Anyway, an average 10-folding time of 10 months is impressive! Let's see how long BTC can keep this up!

it's ready to plunge trust me.

So many broke Joes trying to get cheap coins by making completely empty statements that no one will take seriously.  "Trust him" lol!

Not too late to swallow your ego and buy back in before you miss the boat.  Bon voyage!

That guy in the gif is about to broke his legs lol

It kinda looks like it on first impression but if you look at it closely, from an anatomical perspective by going onto the ball of his right foot  the hip joint is free to rotate, turning the whole leg with no lateral movement required of the knee joint, which is what would cause damage, it only being able to move in the sagital plane Smiley

Conclusion:  He's got great leg movement.  We all could learn a thing or two.
Activity: 784
Merit: 506
Yeah, it is absolutely a sign of craziness to care to do linear regression these days.  Roll Eyes
Absolutely! You should fit an exponential growth law Wink (Which you did essentially by taking the log() of the price). Anyway, an average 10-folding time of 10 months is impressive! Let's see how long BTC can keep this up!

So many broke Joes trying to get cheap coins by making completely empty statements that no one will take seriously.  "Trust him" lol!

Not too late to swallow your ego and buy back in before you miss the boat.  Bon voyage!

That guy in the gif is about to broke his legs lol

It kinda looks like it on first impression but if you look at it closely, from an anatomical perspective by going onto the ball of his right foot  the hip joint is free to rotate, turning the whole leg with no lateral movement required of the knee joint, which is what would cause damage, it only being able to move in the sagital plane Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
donator
Activity: 756
-Bitcoin & Ripple-
15k to break 233, 7k to break 192.

I told you, prepare you swimming suit.
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
15k to break 233, 7k to break 192.

Activity: 518
Gox climbing upwards slowly on low volume (basically no one wants to sell there under $215).

The idea that Gox users are, for once, not desperate to sell their coins for less than what they're worth is blowing my mind.
legendary
Activity: 1168
Merit: 1000

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Gox climbing upwards slowly on low volume (basically no one wants to sell there under $215).

donator
Activity: 756
-Bitcoin & Ripple-
Yeah, it is absolutely a sign of craziness to care to do linear regression these days.  Roll Eyes

Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Yeah, it is absolutely a sign of craziness to care to do linear regression these days.  Roll Eyes
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
By giving a sthi about WU, I am able to serve the Bitcoin community much more:

Coin is undervalued. Target for November $310, see how.

Here you go again...

legendary
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

Here you go again...
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
Gox is 4th on volume,

Seems about right.

Battling for third place with btc-e.  Tongue
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
Looks like asks are up a couple thousand coins since I went to bad last night.

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

$310 per mBit?
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
Even after the big bad news from Western Union that dropped their stock yesterday, I'm not buying back my short position on NYSE:WU.
Long Bitcoin, Short WU unless and until WU buys MtGox and saves both WU and Gox, then I buy back and go long for the long bomb.

Seriously though, if Gox had WU's Money transfer licenses and global reach, and WU had... well...  bitcoin, they would both survive.  As it is they are both dieing.
If the goxxers here need any help putting that deal together, give me a buzz.  Smiley

If WU bought MTGox wouldn't they instantly lose all their US licenses and be liable for all fines the US wants to pin on MTGox for things that happened in the past?

WU would lose no licenses.  WU is already doing money transfer and have the channels in Washington to negotiate on the fines.  WU will be slain by bitcoin faster than they think, unless they do something.  This would be a big win for Gox and a big win for WU, if they can get to "yes" before their independent death spirals sweep them into the dustbin of history.

It would give Gox the largest localbitcoin franchise globally there is, and WU would cut costs tremendously.  All bitcoin holders would benefit.  Its win-win-win.
But... I'm betting they don't, and am holding my WU shorts until its a penny stock

And I'm holding my WU longs. If WU loses market share at the rate you're predicting, I'll profit way more from my Bitcoin holdings than I can ever lose of my (limited) WU investment.

If WU closes a bitcoin deal, you will win on both, if not, I will.  Either way we both win on bitcoin.  Smiley
Jump to: