Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32016. (Read 26471272 times)

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Some whale(s) is/are just trying to get more coins, but soon they realize it's no longer possible at these prices. Maybe in $300, $500 or $1000 they have better chance...
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
And turns out yesterday was actually bigger than post silk road.
We might be going down/sidways over the next few days... but next week will be ridiculous.

It takes 2 to 4 weeks for a newcomer to learn about bitcoin, set up a Verified account and wire funds.
IMO the recent good news, press coverage and anticipation of new money is already reflected in the price.

Actually, I would think that all those people who are checking out Bitcoin on wikipedia are in the first days of the 2-4 week process. Many won't be buying, but those that eventually will are nowhere near ready.  

Why is this happening now?

Norwegian story of $22 in BTC forgotten from 2009, buying apartment, Robocoin ATM, hedge fund interest, CCTV and RT general coverage. All recent.
Activity: 784
Merit: 506

I don't know but it's fun isn't it Smiley

The market movements appear to be getting more and more unpredictable to me, especially seeing as we have a much healthier balance of exchange volumes where any one of them could be taking the lead on a move.  I therefore find it harder even to correlate a movement with news/new service events let alone to assign causation.  So I do find it amusing that some here insist with such certainty what is the cause of what Smiley

Not trying to teach my grandmother to suck eggs rpietila but did you ever see the quirky BBC tv programme called QI with Stephen Fry?  They put in some questions to which there is no known answer - and if somebody spots it the screen shows a massive:

?

....and the big booming voice says:

NOBODY KNOWS!

I think of this often these days when someone asks why a market move is happening Smiley

Edit:  I just realised after posting you're asking not why the market is moving as it is but why the wikipedia hit explosion! Ah well.   My answer therefore does not refer to your post at all but I'll leave it there because I like it Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Enabling the maximal migration

Need someone who speaks mandarin to help us out
legendary
Activity: 1428
We might be going down/sidways over the next few days... but next week will be ridiculous.

It takes 2 to 4 weeks for a newcomer to learn about bitcoin, set up a Verified account and wire funds.
IMO the recent good news, press coverage and anticipation of new money is already reflected in the price.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
legendary
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Holy crap: http://stats.grok.se/zh/latest90/%E6%AF%94%E7%89%B9%E5%B8%81

Can someone post a screenshot? I'm on the phone.
legendary

legendary
legendary
Hellllllooooo China
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
I guess that we will be witnessing these up n downs for a while...  Undecided

lol! I think this was true since the beginning of bitcoin trading and will be for quite a while.
legendary
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1008
Pretty calm right now. Where's the volatility?!  Cheesy

It's the calm...

(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

...before the storm!  Cheesy
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
Pretty calm right now. Where's the volatility?!  Cheesy

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1006
Bulls are getting brazen up in here. I just want to see a reversal now so it wipes some of the smugness off these faces.

Considering BTC increases have been at orders of magnitude, I don't think there's anything brazen or smug about expecting 200 to hold up.

This is what everyone was saying in the few days prior to April 10th this year.

up, uP, UP  Roll Eyes

I don't think superstition helps to predict price movement (& not everyone was saying we were continuing up). I agree with professor.

Also, every day we bounce around $200 solidifies the next move upwards. April 2013 is long gone, this is a new scenario.

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Jump to: