Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32010. (Read 26471126 times)

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Activity: 504
Merit: 500

O lawd how the mighty fall.  Hilarious to watch.

Funny how people think of something that could potentially be nefarious for bitcoin as hilarious.

Mtgox losing market share is hardly nefarious. Its great.

You are not still holding funds on Mtgox are you? Please say no.

Outside of Japan, only the bravest day trader (not the brightest, because they aren't even trading with margin) would spend anytime on Mtgox. It is the most expensive exchange with the worst customer service and obviously the worst underlying banks behind it.

There is no justifyable reason to trade or buy there.

A lot of USD users have funds stuck in Gox, whether they like it or not. Not everyone is able to precisely time the market to get out with a minimal loss. Nor can whales justify selling at a big loss on bitstamp. If they were to go down, a lot of funds would go with them, and that would only confirm the dangerous nature of ANY bitcoin exchange to potential newcomers, scaring them off. So yes, I think it would be nefarious to bitcoin as a whole if the largest exchange were to go down. Maybe you should look at the bigger picture of all this.

I personally applaud Gox for sticking through all of this. Even though they are not transparent, I believe they have no choice in doing so. If they were to make an announcement detailing all of the bank problems/lawsuits they are tangled up in, it would most probably cause a market panic. I believe that behind the scenes, they are making strides to solve all of this. Remember, Bitstamp is in just as big of a danger to have their accounts closed at the whim of new regulation coming through in regards to bitcoin. From what I've read Gox is trying to obtain bank status, which could potentially solve all of their problems. Contrary to Bitstamp, which is operating in conjunction with a bank.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

Funny how people think of something that could potentially be nefarious for bitcoin as hilarious.

Far better than the old times with Mt.Gox having 80% volume share and crashing every week.
legendary
Activity: 1168
Merit: 1000

We're long past that point..
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

Mtgox losing market share is hardly nefarious. Its great.

You are not still holding funds on Mtgox are you? Please say no.

Outside of Japan, only the bravest day trader (not the brightest, because they aren't even trading with margin) would spend anytime on Mtgox. It is the most expensive exchange with the worst customer service and obviously the worst underlying banks behind it.

There is no justifyable reason to trade or buy there.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

Activity: 826
Merit: 508
A look at walls. Oh Mt Gox, what happened to you?  Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029
Dollar market on Gox moving up, euro market stays the same. Dafuq?

Euro has always been slow to react. Which is ok since it allows us to act before the movement reaches this market Smiley.
legendary

Activity: 854

Sup frozenlock Wink

Just trade on the USD market.  I just got burned again trying to be clever and play on the GBP market, Euro market is also not great.  There's little point in playing on the other markets, especially when you can't withdraw really, stay USD for the volatility
legendary
whats up with the volume on mtgox? I'm really new to the scene, but just last week mtgox had like 35000 coins on the volume ticker, now its at 6000

what does this mean ? majority are buying?

Their recent volume is equal to their influence.
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
whats up with the volume on mtgox? I'm really new to the scene, but just last week mtgox had like 35000 coins on the volume ticker, now its at 6000

I'm sure we'll find out soon enough. It won't be long now.
Activity: 686
Ultranode
A lot of weirdness across all exchanges today...
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
virtex is acting weird!

there is this huge wall at 210 when it could be placed at 205 and still be top bid.

why pay +5$ if you don't have too...

If he makes it a market order the slippage will raise the price past $220. Looks like he's impatient, by putting the price "higher than it should be" he's encouraging impulse sells. I know I'm tempted...

Don't take it too seriously it's just BTC150 or what...

ya about that was 230 now 120

its a nice wall for virtex.

edit: 80BTC now
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
virtex is acting weird!

there is this huge wall at 210 when it could be placed at 205 and still be top bid.

If he makes it a market order the slippage will raise the price past $220. Looks like he's impatient, by putting the price "higher than it should be" he's encouraging impulse sells. I know I'm tempted...

ya i'm tempted too, i could sell into his wall and place the bids in a more effective spot, cavitex is clearly overbought.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
virtex is acting weird!

Don't take it too seriously it's just BTC150 or what...
Jump to: