Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32086. (Read 26472113 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Dont confuse irrational behavior as support.

In a market as speculative as bitcoin, both support and resistance are the result of purely irrational gut instincts.

Sure, all I mean is that someone selling down to prices that are clearly unwarranted is irrational, so do not confuse that as support. If bad news came out, then real supports are tested.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode

In a market as speculative as bitcoin, both support and resistance are the result of purely irrational gut instincts.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047
Ultranode
"Blessed are the sleepy ones, for they shall soon nod off." -Walsietzsche

mwahahaha  Cool Cheesy Grin
legendary
First of all, that wasn't 1 person and if it was they are idiots.

You dont dump 10-15k BTC at market all at once. You could spend a couple of hours at least doing smaller trades and save yourself $10,000s.

So unless someone wants to burn money they dont dump like that at market. Of course, I think there are probably some pretty stupid BTC owners.

This has always been the case, a few mid-sized big whales dumping and trying to cause panic to buy back lower. It was very successful with goxlag and ddos before. But with slim ask side,its having less effect. Although here,due to big run up,it did cause big distortion in price. Like i said it will be back up in no time as there is no ask filling in.

What a prophet, no one else saw that coming.

Of course its going back up, just like SR, and just like... eh, what was the other panic over? Oh yeah, debt ceiling.

10k of sells gets counteracted by a 100BTC buy, then people stop selling. Then the bidwalls pop up, and the price goes right back up. Same thing every time. Gox lag is a thing of the past. If someone wants to panic to re-buy, they need more coins than this. And thats why this is not manipulation but rather someone offloading, and others panicking because of low depth causing huge slippage.

Whether or not someone else sells later? Who knows.
Did Btc-China "crash" first or Gox?
Gox led 100%.

Look at your right, there is no ask filling in, it will slice back again in the 225 in a few hours. This is just an attempt to cause panic and buy back lower.

Sounds like nonsense. There has been no depth on either end for awhile. People panic.

Not everything is some manipulator.

crashing is the best way to really see how good support is, i see strong support. good chance we rally higher tomorrow.

i'm going to lol very hard if my bid is filled when i wake up tomorrow

donator
Activity: 756
-Bitcoin & Ripple-
I repeat: NO MORE FUEL ====> CRASH INCOMING !!!
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
my bitfinex long was so close to being closed there scary...
Ultranode

crashing is the best way to really see how good support is, i see strong support. good chance we rally higher tomorrow.

trying to sleep tonight is inadvisable.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Gox led 100%.

Look at your right, there is no ask filling in, it will slice back again in the 225 in a few hours. This is just an attempt to cause panic and buy back lower.

Sounds like nonsense. There has been no depth on either end for awhile. People panic.

Ultranode

You dont dump 10-15k BTC at market all at once. You could spend a couple of hours at least doing smaller trades and save yourself $10,000s.

So unless someone wants to burn money they dont dump like that at market. Of course, I think there are probably some pretty stupid BTC owners.

one person could be trying to ignite fear and cause more sell offs, only to buy back when the price is even lower...
That doesnt work in bitcoin. Look at the past 3 flashcrashes.

A few gain, most people just sit around break even or losses.

Look how quick bids fill in all of these times.

No one could be dumb enough to continuously try it. Its just "ALL NATURAL BOT-FREE, ORGANIC" panic.

I've got some organic panic in my pants  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Wink
legendary
Activity: 1428

This has always been the case, a few mid-sized big whales dumping and trying to cause panic to buy back lower. It was very successful with goxlag and ddos before. But with slim ask side,its having less effect. Although here,due to big run up,it did cause big distortion in price. Like i said it will be back up in no time as there is no ask filling in.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

same time because same person manipulating both

No, I think that person (yeah, you know the one I'm talking about - Wink Wink - hush hush) was too busy attending his Wednesday blood sacrifice service in that cabin in Aspen with the illuminati.

Must have been the other guy...
legendary

one person could be trying to ignite fear and cause more sell offs, only to buy back when the price is even lower...
That doesnt work in bitcoin. Look at the past 3 flashcrashes.

A few gain, most people just sit around break even or losses.

Look how quick bids fill in all of these times.

No one could be dumb enough to continuously try it. Its just "ALL NATURAL BOT-FREE, ORGANIC" panic.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

china had first sign around 7:00 (my time) and was clearly breaking down around 7:10

gox reacted no earlier than 7:11
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
this was led by the free market of china again. Not a single sell at all. It's called a correction.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

They could. But it would be a high risk, low reward move. It doesnt make sense at all.
Ultranode

same time because same person manipulating both

*edit*

But, china did start just a bit earlier. Source: http://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/btcchina/btccny (show 1min candles)
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047
Another dip below $200 incoming, or no?

It seems like flashcrashes just cant work without good 'ol goxlag.
5 mins later

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Gain more btc! https://satoshicircle.com/?aid=1718

legendary
Gox led 100%.

Jump to: