Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32101. (Read 26472302 times)

Activity: 153
Merit: 100
Pulled my sell order at 265... Convinced we are in for a shock in the next couple of hours.

Put up 50BTC ask at $410... Hope that shorting will not burn me as bad as buying Butterfly Labs Hardware back when it was $6 a BTC

Likewise. I was one of the first to get a jalapeño delivered bit it went faulty after a week or so and took over a month to get replaced... In the meantime difficulty skyrocketed and I'm earning pennies with it now! Luckily it's being run for free though so it's not all bad.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
correction coming, put your bids around 215
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047
Pulled my sell order at 265... Convinced we are in for a shock in the next couple of hours.

Put up 50BTC ask at $410... Hope that shorting will not burn me as bad as buying Butterfly Labs Hardware back when it was $6 a BTC
donator
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
-Bitcoin & Ripple-
Crash incomingat 280
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 153
Activity: 238
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
$1 growth in 1 minute!
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Whenever I try to execute any order on Gox I'm getting a timeout error, but normal use is working fine, this happening for anyone else? Its not a big deal, I only have a couple bucks in there, but what the heck?
Activity: 560
commence 2nd stage ignition

Not so fast , 1st stage not done yet  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 4543
diamond-handed zealot
commence 2nd stage ignition
Activity: 560
Wow.... Gox high 222.00.... Bitstamp back over 201. This rally is relentless!  Cheesy

No Body mind OK !
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
It's like February and March all over again.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
Wow.... Gox high 222.00.... Bitstamp back over 201. This rally is relentless!  Cheesy

I'm starting to doubt that this is bubble. It's.. NORMAL!
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
The whale is still on toilet... C'mon  Roll Eyes

We are waiting for you to crush this $220.

He is back. Nice to see you whale.  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
Om nom nom as they say
Activity: 686
Ultranode
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
No, you're right. Its why CampBX isnt important. If they went to $500 it wouldnt effect the other markets at all.

If CBX went to $500 I'd move coins there and sell them, move fiat to my bank, then wire it back to bitfinex.
Hell, at that price you could just buy the coins thru localbitcoins.

Well yeah, but its like when rmbtb CNY went to 1500 the other day.. no other exchanges gave a fuck. Because they arent significant. Significance comes in the form of volume and trust.

Bitstamp is #1 in that I think. Followed by Gox.

Then maybe BTC-China and BTC-E.

CNY went to 1337.

I show they went to 1339.99
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Google trends image. What exactly is fueling this rally? This tells me it's old money doing the same all over.

https://i.imgur.com/KWVGz4R.png

maybe there is a service called "baidu trends"?

Zero trade fees in china is fueling this pump/fake-rally.

Zero trade fees are what's called "free market." So I have no idea why you think that would distort the market.
It's pretty easy to fake volume when there are no financial constraints to doing so. Don't you think? A single whale can repeatedly buy and sell his own coins. (That's not to say the market won't roll over him or that this is what is happening)

Sure you can manipulate volume. How will that help in manipulating price?
You don't think manipulating volume can affect price action? Re price manipulation, that would depend on how much of the coins/fiat on the exchange is controlled by the whale. Is it impossible that one could drive up the inter-exchange rate this way? Or would he just be run over by arbitrage? I don't really know, I'm just brainstorming...

No one can arb using an exchange located in a country that has capital controls!!!  Go ahead try to move fiat money out of China... and you thought Gox was hard...

I'm pretty sure people can arb. After all lots of the people who have money in stuff like OKPay & LibertyReserve were Chinese. Obviously if you can get money into those types of things you can use similar approaches to arb.

http://thegenesisblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/btc-usd.png
Jump to: