Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32127. (Read 26472621 times)

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
im glad i have been all in for a while, but boy am i getting worried that this will reverse soon!

Same, i'm looking at the depths. big ask walls ahead on both gox and stamp. Maybe a bigger correction is coming, if it doesn't go higher in the next 24hours, it will probably go down and shake weak hands.

All of the alts in the top 10 marketcap are taking a dive. http://coinmarketcap.com/

Does this typically precede a correction?

When btc price explodes, panic is amplified to altcoins price, especially with noobs and trollbox at btc-e.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
You are forgetting an important dynamic: Interest rates. When consumption falls, savings rise and there are thus more money to be lent out. That means that the supply of money for loans rises and the price for loans fall which is the same as the interest rate falling. That means that it becomes more attractive to invest with borrowed money and this increases efficiency (if the investment is sound) which then increases the purchasing power and thus increases consumption. Yes. Capitalism is cool!

I didn't read the context, but this cool mechanism is being effectively anihilated by the feds easing.

=> we do not have capitalism any longer in the United States.

exactly. and yet you will have people shouting "Capitalism has failed, see where it got us. Now we need...". It sucks.
Activity: 406
Merit: 286
Neptune, Scalable Privacy
You are forgetting an important dynamic: Interest rates. When consumption falls, savings rise and there are thus more money to be lent out. That means that the supply of money for loans rises and the price for loans fall which is the same as the interest rate falling. That means that it becomes more attractive to invest with borrowed money and this increases efficiency (if the investment is sound) which then increases the purchasing power and thus increases consumption. Yes. Capitalism is cool!

I didn't read the context, but this cool mechanism is being effectively anihilated by the feds easing.

I was describing a free market of money which bitcoin is a part of. Not the centrally planned money system that rules the world today.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode
im glad i have been all in for a while, but boy am i getting worried that this will reverse soon!

Same, i'm looking at the depths. big ask walls ahead on both gox and stamp. Maybe a bigger correction is coming, if it doesn't go higher in the next 24hours, it will probably go down and shake weak hands.

All of the alts in the top 10 marketcap are taking a dive. http://coinmarketcap.com/

naw btc rises like this, all alts fall together.....

Or are the alt pumpers getting ready to cashout their btc?

naw btc rises like this, all alts fall together.....
Ultranode

legendary
Activity: 1428

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
legendary
Merit: 1002

=> we do not have capitalism any longer in the United States.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
donator

donator
Using inflation to boost consumption is like using cocaine to boost work productivity.

That analogy hits the nail on the head.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
China's going higher (and Bitstamp), Gox hasn't reacted yet!

legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
This fallacy that deflation means people won't spend is very persistent, even though briefly thinking it through demonstrates it isn't the case, at least not for very long. Deflation takes holders from (relatively) poor to wealthy. What do poor people do when they become wealthy? Keep living in their cheap apartment or car? Or BUY better stuff? They splurge. That is why bitcoin tips go up when the price rises and merchants do better when the price rises.

poeple will do what i do, save some, buy some, buy stuff with some, invest with some, sell some for cash, wtv. and bitcoin with go to 1800  Cheesy

truth is right now bitcoiners around the world a looking for a way to spend there bitcoins on things they need.
legendary
Activity: 1036
This fallacy that deflation means people won't spend is very persistent, even though briefly thinking it through demonstrates it isn't the case, at least not for very long. Deflation takes holders from (relatively) poor to wealthy. What do poor people do when they become wealthy? Keep living in their cheap apartment or car? Or BUY better stuff? They splurge. That is why bitcoin tips go up when the price rises and merchants do better when the price rises.
legendary
Activity: 1372
so if the price keeps rising, how would we ever use it as a real currency to buy stuff?
i'm pretty sure everybody who has them has them for buy and hold or making profit, not for purchasing goods - I certainly don't because in two months the price might have doubled, and I would curse myself for giving them away "back then" instead of using real currency.

Don't worry. There is a market with trades every minute. It means anybody can buy, anybody can sell whenever they want.

This is how one gains an education. It is part of the Bitcoin growth cycle. Every one coming into Bitcoin can sell at a profit over 100% in time but it isn't so easy to get back in. While Bitcoin remains binary players will conform.
legendary
Activity: 1036
so if the price keeps rising, how would we ever use it as a real currency to buy stuff?
i'm pretty sure everybody who has them has them for buy and hold or making profit, not for purchasing goods - I certainly don't because in two months the price might have doubled, and I would curse myself for giving them away "back then" instead of using real currency.

The time for BTC to actually act as a real currency are still years away, this is the time of great volatility and opportunity for those of us who can see what the future of money is.

Exactly.
Jump to: