Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32136. (Read 26472720 times)

legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
A longer timeframe below, we're steadily approaching all time low in asks and on the amount of bids is very high.

This could mean btc is about to explode (again) if it wasn't that the bid/ask ratio at Gox is distorted by their now quite obvious liquidity problem. Nevertheless, apart from Gox financial situation everything looks bullish Cheesy

Remembering of course that 'millions of dollars' were flowing into Gox on a daily basis at the end of March / beginning of April.

I really doubt there's much USD flowing in right now.

I'm firmly in USD at the moment.
so sorry 4 u.  gox is not btc.  usa is not btc.  broaden your horizons and take adv. of any dip you see.

That's what I'm doing now - waiting for the next big dip as someone cashes in.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Mtgox is holding some users but it won't last forever under current circumstances. I should learn chinese... Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010
A longer timeframe below, we're steadily approaching all time low in asks and on the amount of bids is very high.

This could mean btc is about to explode (again) if it wasn't that the bid/ask ratio at Gox is distorted by their now quite obvious liquidity problem. Nevertheless, apart from Gox financial situation everything looks bullish Cheesy

Remembering of course that 'millions of dollars' were flowing into Gox on a daily basis at the end of March / beginning of April.

so sorry 4 u.  gox is not btc.  usa is not btc.  broaden your horizons and take adv. of any dip you see.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
A healthy ask sum has been restored on the other exchanges, where sellers actually have a reason to sell their coins (other than buying back lower).

Bitstamp had gotten down to 9K and how it is back to 16K.

Btcchina had gotten down to almost nothing and now it is back to 6K.

Millions of Yuan are flowing into btcchina.

If someone can prove that China is somehow a fake pump then I will rest my case.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Is it possible to have a bid sum/ask sum chart for the top exchanges combined?

If Gox's liquidity problem is "skewing" the charts because nobody wants GoxUSD then wouldn't sellers just put their coins on other exchanges?
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

I'm waiting for a big correction down to much lower levels.
It would appear that China isn't letting that happen right now.  Everything has been distorted by China and I don't know how to the read the charts anymore. I used to be a bear and then around 125 I turned bull as soon as I saw the Chinese exchange volume growth.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Bid depths have exploded overnight. On gox, about $2M bid depth was just added between $165 and $175.  On btcchina, about ¥2M have been added. Bitstamp added another $100K. Last time this happened, we took off from $110.

does it have any significance if a 4k dump takes us down 10USD? It's an honest question, just wondering if I put 500k USD at 90USD/BTC will it mean anything

90 not so much esp. on gox but 165 to 175 could be a buyer hoping for a dump.  but if s/he sees momentum building this b8d could become a mkt order...

So if I want to prop the price up all I need to do is to add TONS of bids at low prices that won't be reached and people will start screaming about bid ask ratio?
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010
Bid depths have exploded overnight. On gox, about $2M bid depth was just added between $165 and $175.  On btcchina, about ¥2M have been added. Bitstamp added another $100K. Last time this happened, we took off from $110.

does it have any significance if a 4k dump takes us down 10USD? It's an honest question, just wondering if I put 500k USD at 90USD/BTC will it mean anything

90 not so much esp. on gox but 165 to 175 could be a buyer hoping for a dump.  but if s/he sees momentum building this b8d could become a mkt order...
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Gox is slowly running out of coins

Plenty of fiat though, I guess it's about time to get some popcorn

legendary
I'm waiting for a big correction down to much lower levels.
Activity: 252

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 2267
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
As well as telemaco, you make the mistake of thinking "they" would openly discuss the details of their plan if they were seriously thinking about it.

Alternate view: A bunch of economists with big payrolls have to justify their salaries and write reports. In them, they touch on hot topics, one of them being haircuts.

Nice theory. Unfortunately, something like this is the *inevitable* outcome of current economic policies. They could always hyper-inflate but it looks like they're trying to avoid that where possible. It tends to make it a bit harder to bleed the people dry.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008
A two day base behind us.  Maybe its the weekend.

What possible proof could you have of this supposed weekend?
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
A two day base behind us.  Maybe its the weekend.
Activity: 378
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

Last time I trolled was https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2982733 when price reached 124 on Gox. I trolled the price might go down to 85 on BTC-e and to 90 on Bitstamp. It went to 85 and 75 respectively (due to Silk Road event).

The way I see things now (just trolling): about 50% odds of going to at least 360 very quickly and about 50% to go down below the last low of 110 on Gox. We'll know soon.

The way I see other things (just trolling) which MIGHT be of interest is 80% of S&P 500 will develop the first bearish wave within a few days. 80% probability is too low to go short right now but in a few days 80% probability MIGHT turn 99% probability.
Jump to: