Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32203. (Read 26473426 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Look at the charts. It begins again tonight.

Oh noes, I'm e'scared!

What starts tonight?!

It depends on who you ask. Although I'm fairly certain you are bullish.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 634
Merit: 500
Look at the charts. It begins again tonight.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
I hope so.. I'm long.   Shocked

The recent bullishness may be heavily correlated to this US gov't shutdown.  I suspect it is, and will continue as long as that anxiety continues.  The more fighting and bickering on capital hill, the more BTC is likely to appreciate in the interim.  People pissed off at politics like the apolitical nature of Bitcoin.

Time will tel, of course.  Put your money where your mouth is.   Cool

I think the current upward pressure is the result of news and new users dating back several months.
Activity: 159
Merit: 100

Mtgox seem to be more liquid and has a deeper market depth than the last few weeks, good signal for bitcoin Smiley
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
The Bitcoin Trust is starting to make an impact...

It's been publicly stated (somewhere) that "The Bitcoin Trust" will need to purchase bitcoin beginning with the very first investor.  That initial $2.5 million does not cover the first $2.5 million in investment from outsiders, but was just to "get the fund started".  

With that having been said, yes... at some point the Trust will need to purchase bitcoin when investor money comes in.  It isn't a question of "if" but rather "how much" and perhaps "when" (I assume whenever they invest).  I think Barry stated he's made relationships with exchanges and miners, so he may buy at least some of that directly from miners.  In that case, it would be indirectly observed on the exchanges.

they should buy the FBIs bitcoins  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1168

It's been publicly stated (somewhere) that "The Bitcoin Trust" will need to purchase bitcoin beginning with the very first investor.  That initial $2.5 million does not cover the first $2.5 million in investment from outsiders, but was just to "get the fund started".  

With that having been said, yes... at some point the Trust will need to purchase bitcoin when investor money comes in.  It isn't a question of "if" but rather "how much" and perhaps "when" (I assume whenever they invest).  I think Barry stated he's made relationships with exchanges and miners, so he may buy at least some of that directly from miners.  In that case, it would be indirectly observed on the exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003
9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL
...prepare for quadruple digits  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003
9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL
legendary
Activity: 1168
I hope so.. I'm long.   Shocked

The recent bullishness may be heavily correlated to this US gov't shutdown.  I suspect it is, and will continue as long as that anxiety continues.  The more fighting and bickering on capital hill, the more BTC is likely to appreciate in the interim.  People pissed off at politics like the apolitical nature of Bitcoin.

Time will tel, of course.  Put your money where your mouth is.   Cool
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
Roll Eyes lol

Nice price action, but volume/momentum shows bearish divergence.
StochRSI is the one to watch  

was down now up again

Cheesy

StochRSI is what I was looking at.

It was much higher at the earlier price peaks.  Volume on up moves has died off.  I'm not saying it can't pick up, just that it will need quite a push to make new highs from here.

I think the TA looks bullish and also the world's economic problems is starting to be more of an issue

the gov shutdown might last longer

they made a deal, to not default on the debt, but idk about the gov shutdown...

its all a little silly

the "economic problems" are what you would expect from any FIAT currency.

But, i'm hopeful that US gov will come up an excellent budget and Obama Care will help. everyone needs cheap health care!

and a stronger economy will mean more people will have money to invest!

Smiley
legendary
legendary
Merit: 1002
Roll Eyes lol

was down now up again

Cheesy

StochRSI is what I was looking at.

It was much higher at the earlier price peaks.  Volume on up moves has died off.  I'm not saying it can't pick up, just that it will need quite a push to make new highs from here.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
 Roll Eyes lol

was down now up again

Cheesy
legendary
Merit: 1002

Jump to: