Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32243. (Read 26473871 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
The price would have dropped anyway in 2 - 3 days, but the news of SR seems to trigger a small avalanche of coins.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
woa... we gonna crash hard. Single digits bros. get ready.
sell sell sell!!!  Shocked

LMAO
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode
woa... we gonna crash hard. Single digits bros. get ready.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Silk Road admin arrested and servers seized:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/silkroad-domain-seized-306331

If true, this could have some impact on price.

I just sold a bunch of coins.

I just did the same, surprised there hasn't been more of a reaction yet, but I guess it will take time for the news to spread to people who use Bitcoins exclusively for SR.

legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

HOLY SHIT

IT IS TRUE

Look at the linkedin of the guy, read his bio, the Walter White kind of guy: http://www.linkedin.com/in/rossulbricht

Interesting quote:
Now, my goals have shifted. I want to use economic theory as a means to abolish the use of coercion and agression amongst mankind. Just as slavery has been abolished most everywhere, I believe violence, coercion and all forms of force by one person over another can come to an end. The most widespread and systemic use of force is amongst institutions and governments, so this is my current point of effort. The best way to change a government is to change the minds of the governed, however. To that end, I am creating an economic simulation to give people a first-hand experience of what it would be like to live in a world without the systemic use of force.

Looks like this may very well be the guy.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

HOLY SHIT

IT IS TRUE

Look at the linkedin of the guy, read his bio, the Walter White kind of guy: http://www.linkedin.com/in/rossulbricht
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 707

In the comments:
Ponzi scheme, scam, etc. etc. I read a lot of poorly informed views on this. Most of them totally wrong of course.
It seems ignorance pervades everywhere. Thier loss i suppose. (Assuming Bitcoin will succeed)

In the article itself.. meh. A couple of points were okay. But it doesn't go out of it'S way to explain it.. and a pretty poor article in my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
Did that wall at 141 that I saw when leaving for work get eaten?

Yes it was sold into. But a small recovery is still possible during the next 1 - 2 days, then you might wake up below 129$.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
we went just thru 200 ema 1h line, is that important?
Activity: 252
Did that wall at 141 that I saw when leaving for work get eaten?

It'll most likely keep going up, I would be much more surprised to wake up to 129 than 151. Still, just for fun  Grin

Activity: 101
Merit: 10
1k ask wall at $140.23.  I saw a second 1k wall just below that for just a couple of seconds then it moved... And now they are both gone.
Activity: 728
Why would anyone trade on gox for the sake of daytrading? Places like Bitfinex offer Bitstamp liquidity, leverage, interest, and also lower transaction fees.

Gox offers more volume (usually) and larger price swings. Lately $10 movements at gox have been $5 movements at bitstamp, and there are more waves to catch in a gox movement vs a movement in another exchange which is more smoothed.

Liquidity: Does not matter if you intend to leave gox via btc and the loss leaving will cancel out with the gain from entering (via btc).
Leverage: Somewhat of a bad idea in crypto and not for everyone.
Interest: The amounts of interest are negligible in a daytrader's eyes. They didn't join for such petty matters and have more to gain from larger price swings.
Transaction fees: You can actually get your mtgox fee down to 0.25% with enough volume.
Activity: 605
Merit: 634
Code:

"Chart Buddy, Chart Buddy, little bunch of truths.
Chart Buddy, Chart Buddy, we love youse."

Activity: 448
All the Gox naysayers get real quite when price slips on Gox and people are actually market selling.

"Bu... bu.... but, I thought everyone was only buying to withdraw bitcoins"

Well, if someone isnt aware or not really worried about it, Gox offers them the best price for their coins...

Still possible.

They are still offering JPY withdraw. That means that although it naturally should be at a higher price than other exchanges, it still makes some amount of sense to sell there, either through hope that other people's arbitrage will drag price down, or through the hope that you can arbitrage yourself.

It's also where you still trader if you're a trader.  The variance is higher than probably any other exchange.  BitStamp doesn't have that volume either, at least not yet.  A trader on Gox just assumes they'll fix their withdrawal issues soon enough and, in the meanwhile, he'll continue buying and selling.

Why would anyone trade on gox for the sake of daytrading? Places like Bitfinex offer Bitstamp liquidity, leverage, interest, and also lower transaction fees.
legendary
Activity: 1168
Merit: 1000
All the Gox naysayers get real quite when price slips on Gox and people are actually market selling.

Well, if someone isnt aware or not really worried about it, Gox offers them the best price for their coins...

Still possible.

They are still offering JPY withdraw. That means that although it naturally should be at a higher price than other exchanges, it still makes some amount of sense to sell there, either through hope that other people's arbitrage will drag price down, or through the hope that you can arbitrage yourself.

It's also where you still trader if you're a trader.  The variance is higher than probably any other exchange.  BitStamp doesn't have that volume either, at least not yet.  A trader on Gox just assumes they'll fix their withdrawal issues soon enough and, in the meanwhile, he'll continue buying and selling.
Activity: 448

Still possible.

Jump to: