Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32256. (Read 26474012 times)

legendary
Activity: 1168
Merit: 1000
Meanwhile, during the entire $12 run-up on gox, the other exchanges have risen no more than $4. There has basically been no participation since $136. Volume's are low too. What is going on?

Can't do arbitrage if we can't get cash out of Gox.

Actually you can, on the belief that Mt Gox withdrawals will continue at some point in the relatively near future (say, few months out).  You wouldn't even attempt to withdraw now, but rather wait with your cash till Mt Gox finalizes a deal with a partner and withdrawals "continue".  
legendary
Activity: 896
Lookin' good.

BTW this rally is still "creeping me out" Gox has never been home to the mid-sized buyers [100-500]. This entire rise is on them.. Are they finally saying, "Shit, the whales were right... INSOLVENT!!?"

While us small people <100 are just riding the waves? lol.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

People might not realize gox doesn't cash out withdrawals, because they're not immediately trying to do withdrawals. They might be saving a bunch of USD (gxd) in their accounts so they can cash out (or buy back) later. Gox doesn't have a wereinsolvent.pdf.

you are expecting wereinsolvent.pdf from gox?

market is already well aware of gox fiat withdrawal problems.

why would anyone wait to buy back at higher price?

He assumes gox price will equalize with Bitstamp (and friends).
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

People might not realize gox doesn't cash out withdrawals, because they're not immediately trying to do withdrawals. They might be saving a bunch of USD (gxd) in their accounts so they can cash out (or buy back) later. Gox doesn't have a wereinsolvent.pdf.

you are expecting wereinsolvent.pdf from gox?

market is already well aware of gox fiat withdrawal problems.

why would anyone wait to buy back at higher price?

legendary
Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003
9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Is mt.gox still relevant?
I think everyone still runs their bots based off gox data.

There are also people who will partial-arbitrage a $20 gap so that they can switch back when the gap is $10 again.

Not everyone knows the news.

It might take a while for this transition to fully occur.

Hmm, but nobody can cash out through gox, so it is essentially useless?

There are also people who will partial-arbitrage a $20 gap so that they can switch back when the gap is $10 again.

Not everyone knows the news.

Hmm, but nobody can cash out through gox, so it is essentially useless?

Not everyone knows the news, or is connected with the comunity. It's not like gox's site has a wereinsolvent.pdf

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Meanwhile, during the entire $12 run-up on gox, the other exchanges have risen no more than $4. There has basically been no participation since $136. Volume's are low too. What is going on?

one of those mtgox price runs.

the price is decoupling.

that should answer your question about mtgox leading other markets.
So if mtgox (which now represents abut 20% of the market's volume) breaks out, is it going to lead the entire market into a rally?

That 127 on stamp just keeps popping up.
Activity: 280

Can't do arbitrage if we can't get cash out of Gox.
Activity: 634
Activity: 280
~2 day triangle almost closed.

Activity: 686
Ultranode
This rally is annoying. All low/med sized buys. Prevents chances for quick sell/buy turnarounds. Tongue

I.e., it is not a rally but a planned demolition. Single digits on the horizon my friend.

Shut up walz, you drama queen
Forget which account you're logged in to?

No. I was trying to be polite by saving some bull-tard the time to reply to my initial post.
legendary
Activity: 1025
This rally is annoying. All low/med sized buys. Prevents chances for quick sell/buy turnarounds. Tongue

I.e., it is not a rally but a planned demolition. Single digits on the horizon my friend.

lol
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013

Activity: 686
Ultranode

Jump to: