Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32258. (Read 26474012 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
Disclosure: I adjusted a little bit down this week. Wanted one of my companies to buy more silver. If anyone is seeking to buy about 500 BTC for a price higher than in Bitstamp, drop me a line. Otherwise I will just dump them.

This is the first serious throw-in-the-towel sentiment from you. Silver might tick up $10 over the next year while BTC could be anywhere up to 4 digits. Puzzling.

I sincerely believe that most holders of bitcoins have done exactly as I (among others) has advocated: only invest a modest sum, and fully prepared to ride it to the oblivion if need be. My own bitcoin holdings are already up more than 1000% and I am not selling until the proceeds will give a sizable boost to my economy. Most people are not inclined to sell at a loss, even to their own detriment. On the contrary, there is a weird willingness to wait for years until an investment breaks even in fiat terms and then sell, once it has finally started to perform.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
The "true value" of bitcoin is not going to be affected by a dumper. If it was really the "true value", then the coins would be bought. In fact, the dumper is healthy for bitcoin. These ridiculous unhindered parabolic rises and drops cause too much volatility and make btc not attractive as a currency.

your 12 coins will not have much of an effect on the market at large.

I dont care for "the market at large" nor effects. I will just dump.

It is exactly these evil manipulators who just dump regardless of the market at large and the effects who keep us from realizing the true value of Bitcoin Angry

Disclosure: I adjusted a little bit down this week. Wanted one of my companies to buy more silver. If anyone is seeking to buy about 500 BTC for a price higher than in Bitstamp, drop me a line. Otherwise I will just dump them.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

It is exactly these evil manipulators who just dump regardless of the market at large and the effects who keep us from realizing the true value of Bitcoin Angry

Roll Eyes

why should I care for the market at large?

I am more then happy to sell at this price. And I agree with you: this price has nothing to do with the true value of bitcoin, but you should thank to mtgox for that.   
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
this weekend everyone should make sure to tell their friends that there is very little time left before bitcoin gets a proper valuation.

Shit,  bitcoin is about to crash?!
legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 4811
You're never too old to think young.
You are such a permabull, it's starting to irritate me
It's not nearly as annoying as the 1btc trollbot.
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
this weekend everyone should make sure to tell their friends that there is very little time left before bitcoin gets a proper valuation.

The Bitcoin Club
Adam: This week, each one of you has a homework assignment. You're gonna go out, you're gonna start talking to a total stranger about bitcoin...You're gonna tell him it's going big and his cheap FIAT is worthless in the future.
[montage of Bitcoin Club members trying to talk about bitcoin]
Narrator: [voice over] Now this is not as easy as it sounds. Most people, normal people, do just about anything to avoid thinking about the financial system.

Wink
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 4811
You're never too old to think young.
Thats what Chart Buddy would be good for. Sadly someone banned him from this thread..
Now we cant verify this claim by looking up month old order book depth!
Is there some place chart buddies output can be looked up?
I'd love to see ChartBuddy back.

It seems that www.rtcons.com (ChartBuddy) was cut off by NFSN (his ISP). Maybe it was a matter of costing too much to offer a free service. Perhaps if enough people donated a few million satoshis each he'd put it back up.

When Blitz banned him he made it clear that it was only because of the snafu and that the door was open for a return.

ChartBuddy (Richy_T?) are you reading this?
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008
Richie's got the original images still, I think.
legendary
Activity: 1022
If $140 falls...
I doubt it will until this massive September long Pennant/triangle is over. Seems like it might end around Oct 5 and then KABOOM up we go. If it happens earlier I'd be happy, this thing has taken forever.

Or it could break down... why does everyone keep dismissing this possibility? Every day the required ta levels (Bollinger etc) to do so keeps creeping up (131 now), yet the market depth is failing to follow. In the past 2 months of 140 STILL no market depth has filled in. Its still only 5k to 130 (and trendbreak) and 20k to 120. Total bid depth is now $11.5m whereas 3 months ago at $110 market depth was at $16m! The volume is still low too (8k of today's volume is fake bot error) and ppl keep relentlessly dumping on stamp and btce.

Thats what Chart Buddy would be good for. Sadly someone banned him from this thread..
Now we cant verify this claim by looking up month old order book depth!
Is there some place chart buddies output can be looked up?
legendary

Yes, All your bitcoin belongs to us.

Sell out and walk away. Thanks.

If we hit 130 $ I will sell them all.

But I will not walk away. I will just wait for the final price decoupling between mtgox and bitstamp to buy them back cheaper.
legendary

legendary

ppl keep relentlessly dumping on stamp and btce.

every time we pass 125 mark on bitstamp I prepare more coins for a dump from my stashes.

will sell them all @ 130.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
omg so bullish in here.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!
Or it could break down... why does everyone keep dismissing this possibility? Every day the required ta levels (Bollinger etc) to do so keeps creeping up (131 now), yet the market depth is failing to follow. In the past 2 months of 140 STILL no market depth has filled in. Its still only 5k to 130 (and trendbreak) and 20k to 120. Total bid depth is now $11.5m whereas 3 months ago at $110 market depth was at $16m! The volume is still low too (8k of today's volume is fake bot error) and ppl keep relentlessly dumping on stamp and btce.

+1 thanks for your good arguments
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Not fools, just bots. That's mostly all that trades on gox anymore and they have some pretty deep pockets. They see some TA or data from other exchanges saying they should buy so they start buying. Then they see some TA that says they should sell and start selling... Today's volume bar is about equal to the volume bar on the last big dump day so it should be dying down soon.
legendary
Activity: 1168
If $140 falls...
I doubt it will until this massive September long Pennant/triangle is over. Seems like it might end around Oct 5 and then KABOOM up we go. If it happens earlier I'd be happy, this thing has taken forever.

Funny how at $145 a few weeks ago we were "heading to $180" quick.  Now, after already falling 10%, we are "going down down down!" 

Must be a lot of fools scooping up $5-10k worth of bitcoin every 30 minutes right now..
legendary
Activity: 1414
If $140 falls...

I think it is because this market is easy to manipulate.
legendary
Activity: 840
If $140 falls...

Down is certainly always an option, but in most cases pennants follow the previous trend which was up in this case. Only time will tell. =)
Jump to: