Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32251. (Read 26473970 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
At this point I think that mtgox doesn't know what's going on either. That means they have no idea what's wrong with their banks, they just can't access their funds.
It seems to me that the FEDs have frozen or at least partially suspended their accounts. This would also be in tune with the Roger Ver Video. (Irony is that's the last we've heard something from them.)

Yeah, why is that? I haven't seen Charlie from Bitinstant, Roger Ver or anyone from BitPay post here in a long time. Are they under a gag order or what?

Perhaps they think anything they can tell us would make the situation worse, and perhaps they're right.

They're not even visiting the forum. I had a friend that I turned on to Bitcoin and was going to help them set up their business to accept it. I sent everyone I could think of at BitPay a PM trying to get them help because the company email wasn't being answered. No response so my friend gave up.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
At this point I think that mtgox doesn't know what's going on either. That means they have no idea what's wrong with their banks, they just can't access their funds.
It seems to me that the FEDs have frozen or at least partially suspended their accounts. This would also be in tune with the Roger Ver Video. (Irony is that's the last we've heard something from them.)

Yeah, why is that? I haven't seen Charlie from Bitinstant, Roger Ver or anyone from BitPay post here in a long time. Are they under a gag order or what?

Perhaps they think anything they can tell us would make the situation worse, and perhaps they're right.
legendary
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

rpg
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
A gov shutdown isn't really significant. But, failure to raise the debt ceiling by Oct 17 is...

100%
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
Activity: 686
Ultranode
A gov shutdown isn't really significant. But, failure to raise the debt ceiling by Oct 17 is...
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth
what is this big news i missed?

if you guys haven't notice the US federal government will be shut down on tuesday. The democrats/republicans war is going to be fun. And that is why gold, silver and yes BTC are running. It should be a fun day tomorrow. I predict $200 BTC this week
legendary
Activity: 1168
Merit: 1000
Time for another mini correction.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Enabling the maximal migration
what is this big news i missed?
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
People should stop thinking that there are only 41k BTC on Gox. Just 3 days ago there were 55k BTC on the ask side and IMO the 'missing' 14k BTC are still on Gox,
waiting to be dumped at the right price. You'll see them again, probably within a week (some of them sooner), together with their offspring.  Wink

Moving BTC around has proven to be uncensorable (easy). To determine what happens at Gox, it is much more important to know how much fiat currency they have Smiley

Do they have any USD left? Didn't it all go with the seizure?
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
People should stop thinking that there are only 41k BTC on Gox. Just 3 days ago there were 55k BTC on the ask side and IMO the 'missing' 14k BTC are still on Gox,
waiting to be dumped at the right price. You'll see them again, probably within a week (some of them sooner), together with their offspring.  Wink

Moving BTC around has proven to be uncensorable (easy). To determine what happens at Gox, it is much more important to know how much fiat currency they have Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Assuming the person(s) placing that ask wall don't:

(1) Have special relationship that allows them to withdraw for some additional fee.
(2) Have insider information of an upcoming partnership announcement that resolves all withdrawal issues.

They may still just be betting that the price will fall.  They can then re-purchase those bitcoins on Mt Gox at a lower price.

Thus far, that hasn't been working out well for them.

nah, I think its pretty plain and simple: someone is willing to take the risks and just sell.

or it could be gox selling their btc stashes at premium prices.
rpg
Activity: 728
if you guys haven't notice the US federal government will be shut down on tuesday. The democrats/republicans war is going to be fun. And that is why gold, silver and yes BTC are running. It should be a fun day tomorrow. I predict $200 BTC this week
legendary
The fact that ~ 6000+ bitcoins have already been listed at an ask price of $145, and fulfilled, should say something.  

I am not surprised that 6k ask wall was filled, but rather someone actually placed an 6k ask.

I find it very risky to sell btc on mtgox.

Assuming the person(s) placing that ask wall don't:

(1) Have special relationship that allows them to withdraw for some additional fee.
(2) Have insider information of an upcoming partnership announcement that resolves all withdrawal issues.

They may still just be betting that the price will fall.  They can then re-purchase those bitcoins on Mt Gox at a lower price.

Thus far, that hasn't been working out well for them.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Aside from a few people (or one person) puting up ask walls, BitStamp is straight up dead.
We were sleeping, since it was night. Sunday night. What is wrong with you?

Just last week I was able to market sell BTC500 there with about 0.7% slippage (I mean sell with one click). I think it was a fair deal, since the intention for me was not to make petty money but to realign the portfolio for the purchasing of more silver. For a trade of this size, it worked very fine. The largest volume I have done there in one day was BTC1,800.

Keep some BTC, man. You might feel sorry otherwise.

The biggest BTC bull ending up missing the train would be ironic.

He told bitcoin was going to be $100,000 by the end of the year, right?
So what are you doing selling bitcoins!?  Tongue

Better yet, how are you going to buy silver with gox dollars?  I haven't seen a PM dealer yet that takes those.  Tongue

LOL, in April I took goxusd as payment for silver and gold Smiley You will find it in my public diary, those were the days when commissions abounded... The need to buy back silver now is a direct result of those actions in the spring. I took a long vacation in between...

(This time we are talking about selling in bitstamp, as evident from the quote)

After this reduction, bitcoins are still my largest holding by asset type. They are spread in multiple companies and jurisdictions, and - thank you for taking care about me - it is unlikely that I would be able to sell them all in a panic. In April I had a scheme to sell BTC2000, but managed to sell only about BTC300 before the price crashed (the following day). Then I bought back 3 times the amount and then some. Next adjustment down will be about 20%, when the first of the following happens:
- Price rises to 1000-2000
- It generates a 2013-style bubble, even if price is less than 1000
- In March, 2015
- Need to purchase something and bitcoin is most (tax-)efficient to sell.

My prediction that Bitcoin would go to $300k by the end of the year did both good and harm. Financially it ended up doing good. I bought a lot of "unnecessary" bitcoins above the core position after the crash. Now I can sell them at wash (or better), and buy back the silver cheaper.
legendary
The fact that ~ 6000+ bitcoins have already been listed at an ask price of $145, and fulfilled, should say something.  

I am not surprised that 6k ask wall was filled, but rather someone actually placed an 6k ask.

I find it very risky to sell btc on mtgox.
legendary

I see no panic at Gox.  It has 4x the 24hr volume now, and buyers have "eaten" through ~ 6000 bitcoins at a $145 ask price in the last 24hrs alone.  There's been a lot of resistance more recently on the way up ($145/$146 levels, for example), but the buyers have continued to push through.

panic would bring mtgox price to 200+ in no time.

people are smarter then that.

smartest among them (whales) bought bitcoins @ 68 $.

The fact that ~ 6000+ bitcoins have already been listed at an ask price of $145, and fulfilled, should say something.  There is resistance, but people are still placing market buys.  There is no selling pressure, probably partially because there'd be a lot of slippage currently to the downside and no one seems to want to pick up at $142/$143 now when they'd be better off putting up an ask wall at $146...

Also, Mt Gox issues have been known by bitcoin day traders, etc., for months now.  If anything has been "priced in" for a while, it's that.  It seems much less likely, as one user posted, that this is some 4-month delayed panic buying that, coincidentally, just happens to be perfectly timed with big news.  People have been talking about "panic buying" on Mt Gox for half of 2013 now.

Just my thoughts though...
legendary
Merit: 1094
legendary

I see no panic at Gox.  It has 4x the 24hr volume now, and buyers have "eaten" through ~ 6000 bitcoins at a $145 ask price in the last 24hrs alone.  There's been a lot of resistance more recently on the way up ($145/$146 levels, for example), but the buyers have continued to push through.

panic would bring mtgox price to 200+ in no time.

people are smarter then that.

smartest among them (whales) bought bitcoins @ 68 $.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth
Aside from a few people (or one person) puting up ask walls, BitStamp is straight up dead.

We were sleeping, since it was night. Sunday night. What is wrong with you?

Just last week I was able to market sell BTC500 there with about 0.7% slippage (I mean sell with one click). I think it was a fair deal, since the intention for me was not to make petty money but to realign the portfolio for the purchasing of more silver. For a trade of this size, it worked very fine. The largest volume I have done there in one day was BTC1,800.

Keep some BTC, man. You might feel sorry otherwise.

The biggest BTC bull ending up missing the train would be ironic.

He told bitcoin was going to be $100,000 by the end of the year, right?
So what are you doing selling bitcoins!?  Tongue
To pick the right time to exit from any investment is a lot harder than to enter it. Maybe its a sign of the times.
Jump to: