Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32257. (Read 26474012 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
I think that people are increasingly spooked that MtGox is not solving its problems. Coindesk have recently abandoned gox pricing - so the flight away continues.

So, they are just going to pretend that the depth on the Gox order book does not exist, and that other exchanges don't correlate to it, leading to nonsensical indicators.

No. I am saying that MtGox is a distorted market, because for many people it is a one-way "exchange" fiat-in btc-out. This is not news, but the buying pressure from this situation is inexorable.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode
This rally is annoying. All low/med sized buys. Prevents chances for quick sell/buy turnarounds. Tongue

I.e., it is not a rally but a planned demolition. Single digits on the horizon my friend.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
I think that people are increasingly spooked that MtGox is not solving its problems. Coindesk have recently abandoned gox pricing - so the flight away continues.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Weird ass rally, never seen that much consistent green.

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
This rally is annoying. All low/med sized buys. Prevents chances for quick sell/buy turnarounds. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
Zerocoin will only happen in the form of an altcoin.

In that case, it will be interesting to see what happens with whichever alt adopts the protocols.

Zerocoin does not give you free anonymity.  For that, you also have to add in random time delays.  Otherwise, it is a simple timing analysis away from bitcoin.  And, of course, time is money.

Which, if you wanted to shield the real time deposits/withdrawals from a fund which has a sizeable holding, could be done by shuffling coins between a handful of wallets. Without Zerocoin—much more difficult.

ZeroCoin will come in the one form or the other. Not in the current form though. Satoshi wants to cash out some day and if he's not the US.gov anyway, he will put his massive weight behind some anonymity feature.
For not that extreme cases, off chain transactions will do the trick. I basically see a future where we only put about 2 transactions on the chain *per year* and the rest happens off the chain.
Activity: 420
Merit: 251
Moon?

In that case, it will be interesting to see what happens with whichever alt adopts the protocols.

Quite interesting, I've bought my self a fair share of both ANC and MEC, both rumored to be in the process of incorporating zerocoin.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

Zerocoin does not give you free anonymity.  For that, you also have to add in random time delays.  Otherwise, it is a simple timing analysis away from bitcoin.  And, of course, time is money.
uyo
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
This BIT will almost certainly utilize fractional reserve, as all the similar gold and silver entities have done, and act as an agent of price manipulation. (If not, the relevant authorities will shoot it down or make sure it won't even launch.)

He stated himself that they are providing investors the appropriate tools (bitcoin addresses) to prove that the bitcoins are there. It's up to the investors to keep him honest, but with Bitcoin its so easy.

That'll get leaked. For sure.

Once enough HNW  individuals figure out that infos about the activity of their investments can be leaked via traffic analysis that anyone can to—they'll all be clamoring for Zerocoin.

Or they'll just invest in funds like BIT, where their individual activity leaves no trace in blockchain.

The BIT wallets would though. And the'll be wanting to close that leak except to the select who have signed NDA's. A lot of their investors will want that potential leak closed to the public as well.

Yes, I misunderstood Holliday's post, and realized that only after I hit the Post button...
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
legendary
That awkward moment when you realize rpietila now falls into the modest category in comparison.
Activity: 294
This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!
Buffett says that it is profitable to diversify, if you don't know what to do. Perhaps I don't...

Buffet never said such a thing because it isn't true. Diversification is for risk reduction at the cost of profitability. So basically the exact opposite of your statement Tongue

So true.

Let's keep Buffet out though, he's getting old.
Activity: 294
This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!
Actually, if two months from now, silver will be worth 10% more and BTC 25% less, it's going to be quite profitable for him.
He'll just sell the silver and buy more coins.

I have similar positions and plans. Fingers crossed as it is risky.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
Actually, if two months from now, silver will be worth 10% more and BTC 25% less, it's going to be quite profitable for him.
He'll just sell the silver and buy more coins.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
Buffett says that it is profitable to diversify, if you don't know what to do. Perhaps I don't...

Buffet never said such a thing because it isn't true. Diversification is for risk reduction at the cost of profitability. So basically the exact opposite of your statement Tongue
FNG
Activity: 588
https://twitter.com/barrysilbert   may take them off your hands

Yeah, his price today was $133, which satisfies me. How can I sell them to him?

This BIT will almost certainly utilize fractional reserve, as all the similar gold and silver entities have done, and act as an agent of price manipulation. (If not, the relevant authorities will shoot it down or make sure it won't even launch.)
Doubtful. He's a self proclaimed bitcoin enthusiast and is fairly obsessed with it. The fund will not only bring his company money via fees but also drive up the pile of his stash.

I don't know if he's buying at the moment but if interest is high in his fund he may be. Contact him via twitter or his website would probably be the best way.

legendary
Most people, normal people, do just about anything to avoid thinking about the financial system.

LMAO.

Funny cuz true.

Hai guise, I have a new sig.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

Yeah, his price today was $133, which satisfies me. How can I sell them to him?

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Disclosure: I adjusted a little bit down this week. Wanted one of my companies to buy more silver. If anyone is seeking to buy about 500 BTC for a price higher than in Bitstamp, drop me a line. Otherwise I will just dump them.

This is the first serious throw-in-the-towel sentiment from you. Silver might tick up $10 over the next year while BTC could be anywhere up to 4 digits. Puzzling.

I sincerely believe that most holders of bitcoins have done exactly as I (among others) has advocated: only invest a modest sum, and fully prepared to ride it to the oblivion if need be. My own bitcoin holdings are already up more than 1000% and I am not selling until the proceeds will give a sizable boost to my economy. Most people are not inclined to sell at a loss, even to their own detriment. On the contrary, there is a weird willingness to wait for years until an investment breaks even in fiat terms and then sell, once it has finally started to perform.

Hah, perhaps the selling of 500 BTC will now give a sizable boost to my economy, then Wink

These profits will not actually go to personal consumption, rather I will stock up on silver that is now really cheap. Late March I sold a lot of silver and bought BTC at 70-80. Now not only is BTC up +50%, also silver is down. Reversing this trade in its entirety (which I haven't yet done or even plan to do) would net me about 4000 ounces of silver, and still leave a good chunk of BTC. It is hard to conduct silver business without merchandise.

FNG
Activity: 588

your 12 coins will not have much of an effect on the market at large.

I dont care for "the market at large" nor effects. I will just dump.

It is exactly these evil manipulators who just dump regardless of the market at large and the effects who keep us from realizing the true value of Bitcoin Angry

Disclosure: I adjusted a little bit down this week. Wanted one of my companies to buy more silver. If anyone is seeking to buy about 500 BTC for a price higher than in Bitstamp, drop me a line. Otherwise I will just dump them.

Jump to: