Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32252. (Read 26473968 times)

legendary
Activity: 1168
Merit: 1000
We now have a 16-17 USD diff between stamp and gox. It seems that the "1 BTC several times a minute"-arbitrageur has used all his steam for the time beeing. Awaiting more arbitrage as soon as fiat (deposits) have moved from gox to stamp.

This arbitrage, and more to other exchanges, should provide some damping to the dump/panic buy movements on gox. Maybe the next bubble (entrepreneurs having temporarily too much faith in bitcoins rapid world takeover) will be a tad more leant back.

I see no panic at Gox.  It has 4x the 24hr volume now, and buyers have "eaten" through ~ 6000 bitcoins at a $145 ask price in the last 24hrs alone.  There's been a lot of resistance more recently on the way up ($145/$146 levels, for example), but the buyers have continued to push through.

No one seems to be looking to sell at $142/$143 levels anymore, regardless of whether there's much on the order book.  You get a lot of slippage selling into the order book now... would be much better off just putting up a wall at $146 or something.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Why no volume on Bitstamp?

because people are leaving mtgox.

the rise on mtgox is just fear, not actual rally.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

41292 BTC, liar  Wink

BTW, support is abysmal right now. 8k buy to $150. 8k sell to $132.50

I think this confirms that this is a rise based on MtGox fear, not good news. [If people are worried their money is fake, then they wont be placing bids.. just market orders.]

add to that very low volumes on bitstamp...

price is up to 128, but volume is only 4500.

no depth neither...

Why no volume on Bitstamp?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

41292 BTC, liar  Wink

I think this confirms that this is a rise based on MtGox fear, not good news. [If people are worried their money is fake, then they wont be placing bids.. just market orders.]

add to that very low volumes on bitstamp...

price is up to 128, but volume is only 4500.

no depth neither...
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Bitcoin is doing it's "creeeeep up".  Cheesy
FNG
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Gary move out, only 41k BTC left on mtgox. Buy your chep coins before the others.

41292 BTC, liar  Wink

bitcoinity showing 38.38k

Looks like clark moody shows different..either way..not much on the exchange
legendary
Activity: 896
Gary move out, only 41k BTC left on mtgox. Buy your chep coins before the others.

41292 BTC, liar  Wink

FNG
Activity: 588
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

Is plus500 still binding his CFD to the gox value? Could be easy money...
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
Activity: 634
Activity: 350
This account was recently hacked
@BitAddict:  I though for a moment that your profile pic was this chap from the Bull Ring here in the city centre in Birmingham, UK.  Maybe he'll be buying Bitcoins today too?  Or perhaps he's cleverer than that and he bought his stash when 10,000BTC was only enough to buy a pizza

Activity: 280
We now have a 16-17 USD diff between stamp and gox. It seems that the "1 BTC several times a minute"-arbitrageur has used all his steam for the time beeing. Awaiting more arbitrage as soon as fiat (deposits) have moved from gox to stamp.

This arbitrage, and more to other exchanges, should provide some damping to the dump/panic buy movements on gox. Maybe the next bubble (entrepreneurs having temporarily too much faith in bitcoins rapid world takeover) will be a tad more leant back.
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
Aside from a few people (or one person) puting up ask walls, BitStamp is straight up dead.

We were sleeping, since it was night. Sunday night. What is wrong with you?

Just last week I was able to market sell BTC500 there with about 0.7% slippage (I mean sell with one click). I think it was a fair deal, since the intention for me was not to make petty money but to realign the portfolio for the purchasing of more silver. For a trade of this size, it worked very fine. The largest volume I have done there in one day was BTC1,800.

Keep some BTC, man. You might feel sorry otherwise.

The biggest BTC bull ending up missing the train would be ironic.

He told bitcoin was going to be $100,000 by the end of the year, right?
So what are you doing selling bitcoins!?  Tongue

Better yet, how are you going to buy silver with gox dollars?  I haven't seen a PM dealer yet that takes those.  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
Aside from a few people (or one person) puting up ask walls, BitStamp is straight up dead.

Just last week I was able to market sell BTC500 there with about 0.7% slippage (I mean sell with one click). I think it was a fair deal, since the intention for me was not to make petty money but to realign the portfolio for the purchasing of more silver. For a trade of this size, it worked very fine. The largest volume I have done there in one day was BTC1,800.

He told bitcoin was going to be $100,000 by the end of the year, right?
So what are you doing selling bitcoins!?  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1036
Why does Gox have so much more volume, with no withdrawals?

According to MtGox's latest notice (viewable when logged in and trying to do a withdrawal), they are processing them steadily with a few weeks' delay.

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

Activity: 350
This account was recently hacked

You've had Sunday night already there?  What time zone are you in?   Shocked Cheesy Wink
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

Jump to: