Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32261. (Read 26474045 times)

legendary
Activity: 1168
Merit: 1000
Seems like an excellent time to pick up BTC and move off Gox, unless I'm really missing something...  If this one bot, though, is able to move funds off Gox for, say, 5% fee, then it makes sense for that one individual to continue to arbitrage.  That doesn't mean it makes sense for everyone else (unless they all have the same "deal").

Either way, nice to see some action again for a change.
legendary
Activity: 896
Mt Gox is pretty erratic, while BitStamp continues to climb (gap is now like 8%).  Is BitStamp finally just ignoring Gox?

Dang, bitstamp is finally going up again. Even has a nice 1k bidwall.

I still don't get who's still selling on gox. Seriously I burned my fingers and am staying away for month...

I got a bot to buy 0.01 bitcoins of my ask, does that count as selling? Tongue

legendary
Activity: 1168
Mt Gox is pretty erratic, trend-less and driven by bots, while BitStamp continues to climb (gap is now like 8%).  Is BitStamp finally just ignoring Gox?

EDIT: Gap is 6.84% ... ?
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
I still don't get who's still selling on gox. Seriously I burned my fingers and am staying away for month...
legendary
Activity: 896
Damn it, knew I should have put an ask at 141.5 when I went to bed..

This looks a bit like that crazy day in June. Price ends up sliiightly lower than where it was before the volume spike, then comes crashing down a bit later.

I hope not  Cheesy

Huh Undecided

--Uh oh, standoff at $138. 1k ask popped up.

I always hate those clean numbers, always means there is more.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
This thread should get a special chatbox on the forum.

Totally agree.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
That spike is due to mtgox volume falling off a cliff. They are trying to divide by zero.

add to that Yifu's refunds for the avalon chips.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
That spike is due to mtgox volume falling off a cliff. They are trying to divide by zero.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Enabling the maximal migration

Well Bitcoin is moving away from being 90% speculation to what it is designed for. It should also help stabilizing the price.
If this is permanent or just a temporarily spike, time will tell. The price is only a time reference.

interesting, where did you get that?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth

Well Bitcoin is moving away from being 90% speculation to what it is designed for. It should also help stabilizing the price.
If this is permanent or just a temporarily spike, time will tell. The price is only a time reference.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Enabling the maximal migration
It looked like the exact same order sizes and types of orders outbidding eachother in the same way both on the way up and on the way down. 4 orders about 1000K 950K 950K and 700K agressively outbidding eachother in .1ish increments. The bots are malfunctioning again, or maybe gox is testing midas in production?  The same thing happened on June 24. Some bots kept trading up and down between 100 and 110, producing about 100K volume with no effect on the price in the end.  This is just more proof that mtgox numbers are and always have been cooked up by bots and not actual demand for bitcoin. Its not millions of distinct coins that have been bought and are now held at a higher price basis -  its just the same coins switching hands over and over.

Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
Anybody know of a script or site that will monitor a bitcoin address for incoming transactions and only AFTER  x  confirmations alert me via SMS/Displaying on the screen/E-mail/anything.... ?

Blockchain.info wallet does this.

Great thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003
9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL
Anybody know of a script or site that will monitor a bitcoin address for incoming transactions and only AFTER  x  confirmations alert me via SMS/Displaying on the screen/E-mail/anything.... ?

Blockchain.info wallet does this.
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
This thread should get a special chatbox on the forum.
legendary
Activity: 1428
It looked like the exact same order sizes and types of orders outbidding eachother in the same way both on the way up and on the way down. 4 orders about 1000K 950K 950K and 700K agressively outbidding eachother in .1ish increments. The bots are malfunctioning again, or maybe gox is testing midas in production?  The same thing happened on June 24. Some bots kept trading up and down between 100 and 110, producing about 100K volume with no effect on the price in the end.  This is just more proof that mtgox numbers are and always have been cooked up by bots and not actual demand for bitcoin. Its not millions of coins that have been bought and are now held at a higher price basis -  its just the same coins switching hands over and over.

Gox badly need volumes, whether on a fall or rally, they want to trigger action to make money.
 This can explain why bots are selling lower when there is action but remained silent when price was higher!
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
It looked like the exact same order sizes and types of orders outbidding eachother in the same way both on the way up and on the way down. 4 orders about 1000K 950K 950K and 700K agressively outbidding eachother in .1ish increments. The bots are malfunctioning again, or maybe gox is testing midas in production?  The same thing happened on June 24. Some bots kept trading up and down between 100 and 110, producing about 100K volume with no effect on the price in the end.  This is just more proof that mtgox numbers are and always have been cooked up by bots and not actual demand for bitcoin. Its not millions of distinct coins that have been bought and are now held at a higher price basis -  its just the same coins switching hands over and over.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Finally a show.

Not much to watch yet, but I feel something in the echo chamber.

Large buy happens pushes us to 142, and puts a 2k wall at 138, few seconds after, bots appear and puts up 3 to 4 walls of 900 btc each. and price start plummeting, 2k wall start getting eating and is immediately removed. Now sell off begins and price ends up lower than the rally at 134..
Weird, someone is preventing a rally Huh

Activity: 634
Merit: 500
Finally a show.

Not much to watch yet, but I feel something in the echo chamber.
Jump to: