Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32391. (Read 26470338 times)

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003
9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL
Relax. It's just the weekend dip.

Is that still a thing?

Yes, look at the last month. But it's happening on thursday because people want to dump before it's coming on friday.

Well, then its time to remember (again) the amazing "Hitler got screwed by Bitcoin weekend dip and is reminiscing about his Bitcoin mining career."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4axmD2YvPnA

Every time I see it I crap my pants in laughter.

Cheesy

Do not worry. You do not daytrade, your coins are safe.   Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

Is that still a thing?

Yes, look at the last month. But it's happening on thursday because people want to dump before it's coming on friday.

Well, then its time to remember (again) the amazing "Hitler got screwed by Bitcoin weekend dip and is reminiscing about his Bitcoin mining career."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4axmD2YvPnA

Every time I see it I crap my pants in laughter.
legendary

Is that still a thing?

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

Arbitrage is stupid and selfish? Arbitrage is good money, how is that stupid? You really think that is better to have +20% spreads between exchanges?

That's beyond retarded.

if people are looking at mtgox price and you will arbitrage it with big amounts of btc, you will crash the price and people might panic. maybe you will earn some money but you also would earn money by just buying bitcoins cheaper and holding them while waiting for the price to rise even more which could not happend if you sell. first case is profit only for you, second case is profit for everybody holding bitcoins.

i know this for a fact, if price of bitcoin is stable and slowly rising, at my local exchange there is more and more people wanting to invest in btc, but when the price is falling, there is much more sellers than buyers which makes me think, that bigger price is better for everybody who wants bitcoin to succeed. so maybe some of you will consider this while having fun making your small profit and think about everybody.

If it were possible to arbitrage efficiently, the crash wouldn't last very long, as you would need to be buying back at the other exchange, which would raise that exchanges price. If you just do a one-way arbitrage IE: send huge chunk of cash to bitstamp, withdraw and send to Gox, sell it, and stop at that point, then yeah, you could crash it a bit. I'm sure people are working on that too. But hey- getting your money out of Gox is tricky.
Activity: 546
Merit: 501

Arbitrage is stupid and selfish? Arbitrage is good money, how is that stupid? You really think that is better to have +20% spreads between exchanges?

That's beyond retarded.

if people are looking at mtgox price and you will arbitrage it with big amounts of btc, you will crash the price and people might panic. maybe you will earn some money but you also would earn money by just buying bitcoins cheaper and holding them while waiting for the price to rise even more which could not happend if you sell. first case is profit only for you, second case is profit for everybody holding bitcoins.

i know this for a fact, if price of bitcoin is stable and slowly rising, at my local exchange there is more and more people wanting to invest in btc, but when the price is falling, there is much more sellers than buyers which makes me think, that bigger price is better for everybody who wants bitcoin to succeed. so maybe some of you will consider this while having fun making your small profit and think about everybody.
legendary

Is that still a thing?
legendary
legendary

arbitrage can make people to change their mind and cause crash thats why i think its stupid and selfish which in the long run will hurt everybody.

That's beyond retarded.

I agree. It's not healthy to have these huge spreads. If we were an efficient market, it would all trend to the same price.
legendary

arbitrage can make people to change their mind and cause crash thats why i think its stupid and selfish which in the long run will hurt everybody.

That's beyond retarded.
Activity: 546
Merit: 501

Activity: 496
Merit: 500
Spanish Bitcoin trader
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
If we go down a lot, it would have happened earlier. Resistance to go down is heavy. Those that gamble on a resumption of the rally, may be rewarded again big time. Seeing the fear for a drop here on the forum makes me confident about my choice. Don't worry, there's still time to panic buy...  Roll Eyes
legendary
legendary
Hello 900BTC sell at 119. Down we go for a little bit.

EDIT: This place is kinda quiet these days, what happened, ya'll don't go in for drama anymore? :-)
legendary
Looks like a drop for sure at the moment.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
If you mean that I'm waiting for sub 60s since 2 months ago, you are mistaken.
I sold at 120 after buying at 110, and shall buy again at the bottom of this upcoming drop,
because I believe that price will rebound enough to make a profit.
As for sub 60s, it's too early to predict that as capitulation price.
If Gox $ withdrawals return to normal (maybe, maybe not, I don't know), then a bottom at about 60 is possible.
legendary
Indicators scream "down" ATM, this should be definitely a spot to be in fiat.

Nevertheless, this is Bitcoin - are the whales that have been regularly buying between BTC1,000 and BTC2,000 the last few days finished their buying? Are they waiting for the ask side to build and the spot price to go down, as its happening right now, before the next buys?

Really, trading in this market ATM is pure gambling.

Indicators have pointed to down (on the daily chart) for a few days now. But, with the spread between the 2 big exchanges and no money being able to be taken out of GOX, how reliable are the indicators? We are seeing something new here imo. The weekly chart is still looking bullish.

I agree in that it is a gamble. But, it seems like what you say has been true; The whale(s) come along and buy every 3 days or so to support the price. If I went by the indicators the last two times (I remember this) I would have missed one or both up moves. So yes, a gamble. Buy and hold (and hope)? Or wait in fiat and hope? Hmmmm...

Well, I wouldn't be so sure about "no money out of Gox". In fact, they just changed the "up to three weeks" on the withdrawal page for SEPA to "one week", and many reports of successful SEPA withdrawals are being reported. And the spread diminishing should be arbitragers at work.
legendary
Activity: 2271
Merit: 1363
The price level has been sustained by panic buyers, against market indicators, for several days, but now it's over.
I got bored watching this drama unfold in slow motion, but in a few hours a panic sale may start.

Still waiting on panic selling and sub-60s, since two months ago.
Jump to: