Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32394. (Read 26470386 times)

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
thoughts?

They should decentralize?

this is just the beginning of major exchange issues
Once the deflation is in full force, we will see more outages. when selling starts in earnest, NASDAQ, NYSE, etc. servers wont be able to handle it.
it is like 100,000 people trying to escape out of a baseball or soccer stadium at once when only one gate is open...

I wonder, the FED can just buy stocks that are being sold. The engines the exchanges use can handle the volume. I mean the FED is injecting a fair amount of that 85 billion a month into the stock markets. AT ALL COSTS they will not let people think the shit has hit the fan. The revolution will not be on television.   Cry

That said, I think the FIAT bubble is going to burst, but when? BTC has a "market cap" of 1+ Billion. The FED prints that amount every day by noon. It won't matter, if they try to create volatility there will probably be less to buy back if the currencies of the world are not doing well. Interesting experiment we got here.

And when some, even a small amount of that money goes into BTC, we will be talking valuations that are decoupled from current understanding. That is the best way to NOT put a value on things.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 2267
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000
thoughts?

They should decentralize?

this is just the beginning of major exchange issues
Once the deflation is in full force, we will see more outages. when selling starts in earnest, NASDAQ, NYSE, etc. servers wont be able to handle it.
it is like 100,000 people trying to escape out of a baseball or soccer stadium at once when only one gate is open...
legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006
On whales and manipulation:

Quote from: @Carl Icahn
Spoke to Tim. Planning dinner in September. Tim believes in buyback and is doing one.
What will be discussed is magnitude. 8:34 PM - 22 Aug 2013

https://twitter.com/Carl_C_Icahn/status/370615097963450368

Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006
Activity: 784
Merit: 506

Double whammy for gox: less than 50% of the market and equal to Bitstamp today Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 2267
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
IMO the bull party is over. What can be seen in the charts is the topmost Elliot sub-wave...
Can someone please help me with an affliction?  Whenever I read the words 'Elliot wave' my head drops forward and before I know it I am snoring with my head on the desk having to be awoken by my colleagues!  Does anyone have a cure? Wink

It always brings a thin, croaky voice to my mind...

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
The Bitcoin Catalog ---> Get Started!
Price remains sticky. It still does not want to go down.
The indicators are cooling down. I smell opportunity down the road.

Bitcoin is always a good opportunity on the long run  Grin
legendary
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
Price remains sticky. It still does not want to go down.
The indicators are cooling down. I smell opportunity down the road.
legendary
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
IMO the bull party is over. What can be seen in the charts is the topmost Elliot sub-wave, with it's 5 sub-sub-waves, although the last one is about to begin,
and may be ill defined. I am certain that a correction is coming, dropping the price to the 112 - 114 range, followed by a (slow?) rebound to maybe 117 - 118.
The uber-bulls are going to interpret this as a bear trap, but I believe it will be the prelude to more drops, after a couple of days.

We can see declining volume on MtGox over the last 4 days, with the pattern following an ascending triangle (up towards 125). I would say that is more bullish than bearish, tbh.

http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:chart_analysis:chart_patterns:ascending_triangle_c

That said, it has been a steep climb, especially on Bitstamp and maybe we are in for a breather. I'd like to make a trade or two over the next few days, but holding still seems to be the most obvious plan for me atm.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003
9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL
Activity: 784
Merit: 506
IMO the bull party is over. What can be seen in the charts is the topmost Elliot sub-wave...
Can someone please help me with an affliction?  Whenever I read the words 'Elliot wave' my head drops forward and before I know it I am snoring with my head on the desk having to be awoken by my colleagues!  Does anyone have a cure? Wink
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 4738
You're never too old to think young.
Jump to: