Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32393. (Read 26470333 times)

Activity: 302
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
Does anyone have any reasonable speculation about how many bitcoins may have been secured by this 'whale' buyer(s) since the July turnaround?  It must be an immense amount.

My estimation was 40k - 50k, but I suspect a good amount were already sold at the 120 - 125 price level.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
Does anyone have any reasonable speculation about how many bitcoins may have been secured by this 'whale' buyer(s) since the July turnaround?  It must be an immense amount.

Reasonably there wasn't a single whale buyer.

My thoughts as well. I was just curious if anyone had a handle on how much was purchased so far to get us here. The steam engine has to run out some time I would think.
legendary
Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007
yeah man I really failed hard today trading. shit feeling >.<

Maybe not, large buy at gox ($125) can fix this and drive us much up (but imho not very possible). Don't take my word if serious money is in the game.

Spit happens man, I didn't spend my whole quota so I am going to see where it goes.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red

Maybe not, large buy at gox ($125) can fix this and drive us much up (but imho not very possible). Don't take my word if serious money is in the game.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
That shitty feeling when you buy alot of coins, and the price drops 5 bucks on Bitstamp >.<

I don't want to play with your feelings but probably if 5 bucks drop will be max you can be very happy.

There was a lot of large buying today and yesterday at bitstamp.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP

Reasonably there wasn't a single whale buyer.
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode
The NASDAQ halt reminds me of when Gox halted trading for a "cool down" period after the April crash.

The Nasdaq was up almost 1% according to this list. And, no other stock markets are really down. What is up with the halt?

http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/stocks/world-indexes/

my suspicion is the powers that be detected mass algo sells (intending to flash crash like never b4) and stopped it. Doubtful the crash will be attempted again today. Look forward to some unprecedented action tomorrow.
legendary
That shitty feeling when you buy alot of coins, and the price drops 5 bucks on Bitstamp >.<
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
The NASDAQ halt reminds me of when Gox halted trading for a "cool down" period after the April crash.

The Nasdaq was up almost 1% according to this list. And, no other stock markets are really down. What is up with the halt?

http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/stocks/world-indexes/
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
thoughts?

They should decentralize?

this is just the beginning of major exchange issues
Once the deflation is in full force, we will see more outages. when selling starts in earnest, NASDAQ, NYSE, etc. servers wont be able to handle it.
it is like 100,000 people trying to escape out of a baseball or soccer stadium at once when only one gate is open...

I wonder, the FED can just buy stocks that are being sold. The engines the exchanges use can handle the volume. I mean the FED is injecting a fair amount of that 85 billion a month into the stock markets. AT ALL COSTS they will not let people think the shit has hit the fan. The revolution will not be on television.   Cry

That said, I think the FIAT bubble is going to burst, but when? BTC has a "market cap" of 1+ Billion. The FED prints that amount every day by noon. It won't matter, if they try to create volatility there will probably be less to buy back if the currencies of the world are not doing well. Interesting experiment we got here.

And when some, even a small amount of that money goes into BTC, we will be talking valuations that are decoupled from current understanding. That is the best way to NOT put a value on things.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 2267
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
legendary
Activity: 2100
thoughts?

They should decentralize?

this is just the beginning of major exchange issues
Once the deflation is in full force, we will see more outages. when selling starts in earnest, NASDAQ, NYSE, etc. servers wont be able to handle it.
it is like 100,000 people trying to escape out of a baseball or soccer stadium at once when only one gate is open...
legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006
On whales and manipulation:

Quote from: @Carl Icahn
Spoke to Tim. Planning dinner in September. Tim believes in buyback and is doing one.
What will be discussed is magnitude. 8:34 PM - 22 Aug 2013

https://twitter.com/Carl_C_Icahn/status/370615097963450368

Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
Jump to: