Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32396. (Read 26470386 times)

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode
i don't feel right unless i get Gox'd at least once a week.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
It looks to me like someone's accumulating everything within a $5 range below each higher high since the 19th.

If we see $118/$119 I suspect it will shoot back up into the $123-$125 range again.

It seems that way, I suspect that the owner of the $125 wall is getting people to bid in front of him, then when there's a lot of asks he's buying them all up.  I've noticed that those big buys always seem to go up to his wall but never buy into it, which also makes me think it's the same person.  I'd expect that if others start buying into his wall or getting too close to it that he'll take it away and the price will go above $125

in any case, the longer we stay below it, the more likely this wall will just vanish.

Does it even matter?  Sellers on Gox are either arbing or med/long term bulls.  The real money has got to be entering and leaving through the other exchanges.  You'd be crazy to buy on Gox's 10-20% premium, and if you actually WANT your $ you've got to sell somewhere else.  

Keep your eye on bitstamp, campbx (reflects US sentiment) and ESPECIALLY btcchina.  What I see is quite a rally on strong volume this past week (and similar past few weeks).  Also looks to me like % volume shifts heavily to those exchanges during rallies.  When nothing is happening, Gox takes a higher % volume (but lower overall volume) -- this is just trader/bot churn.  But with the action hits, its on the other exchanges as you can see by the lower % volume on Gox.  

Look to the other exchanges for the action that is defining this market.

Gox matters, its still by far the most volume, altho the first mover advantage is wearing off slowly.  this is good for everyone else. and price is rising everywhere else too, maybe its not GOX price but everyone is clearly on the same trend, as it should be, this is bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
You'd be crazy to buy on Gox's 10-20% premium
The only reason to buy on Gox would be if the volume of BTC you want to buy simply isn't available on any other exchange.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010
It looks to me like someone's accumulating everything within a $5 range below each higher high since the 19th.

If we see $118/$119 I suspect it will shoot back up into the $123-$125 range again.

It seems that way, I suspect that the owner of the $125 wall is getting people to bid in front of him, then when there's a lot of asks he's buying them all up.  I've noticed that those big buys always seem to go up to his wall but never buy into it, which also makes me think it's the same person.  I'd expect that if others start buying into his wall or getting too close to it that he'll take it away and the price will go above $125

in any case, the longer we stay below it, the more likely this wall will just vanish.

Does it even matter?  Sellers on Gox are either arbing or med/long term bulls.  The real money has got to be entering and leaving through the other exchanges.  You'd be crazy to buy on Gox's 10-20% premium, and if you actually WANT your $ you've got to sell somewhere else.  

Keep your eye on bitstamp, campbx (reflects US sentiment) and ESPECIALLY btcchina.  What I see is quite a rally on strong volume this past week (and similar past few weeks).  Also looks to me like % volume shifts heavily to those exchanges during rallies.  When nothing is happening, Gox takes a higher % volume (but lower overall volume) -- this is just trader/bot churn.  But with the action hits, its on the other exchanges as you can see by the lower % volume on Gox.  

Look to the other exchanges for the action that is defining this market.

legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
funny sorry,

Some guy PM's me asking for some trading advice, so i tell him buy some bitcoin. the next day i get a PM from him telling me he took a long on bitfenix, so i ask him did you go "all in", he says ya and tells me the figures and says "i don't know what i'm doing I hope it goes good".  I'm like  Shocked Shocked Shocked  so i tell him, don't panic wait and start unwinding some of that position as price rises. so ya price has gone up, i haven't heard from him since, i assume he still holding his long... phhhh nubs.

Subscribe to my new service!  BitMovements

PM me

lol
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner

legendary
legendary
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
This account was recently hacked

It seems that way, I suspect that the owner of the $125 wall is getting people to bid in front of him, then when there's a lot of asks he's buying them all up.  I've noticed that those big buys always seem to go up to his wall but never buy into it, which also makes me think it's the same person.  I'd expect that if others start buying into his wall or getting too close to it that he'll take it away and the price will go above $125
legendary
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

I wouldnt be surprised to see a 5k buy.

If my math is correct (it is not easy to do it with regard to 3 exchanges while using no software for it, just eyeballing) such a buy should not happen before price dives to 106 - 105.

But a guy who has cash for a single 5k buy surely has better math than me.

Disclaimer: I am not telling 125 is the top, neither am telling the price will dive to 106 -105.

Well, I mean, we've had the price recede from ~125 a couple of times now, and every time some large buy has taken everything leading up to the once 6k 125 wall. Nothing says it cant happen again. Now, 5k exactly? IDK.

Regardless, the walls have been pulled and unsurprisingly belonged to a single party.

Activity: 378
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
Well, I mean, we've had the price recede from ~125 a couple of times now, and every time some large buy has taken everything leading up to the once 6k 125 wall. Nothing says it cant happen again. Now, 5k exactly? IDK.

Let's wait and see Cool
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

If my math is correct (it is not easy to do it with regard to 3 exchanges while using no software for it, just eyeballing) such a buy should not happen before price dives to 106 - 105.

Disclaimer: I am not telling 125 is the top, neither am telling the price will dive to 106 -105.

Regardless, the walls have been pulled and unsurprisingly belonged to a single party.

legendary
Bear tantrum lol.

There is definitely a lot of downward pressure compared to the norm, but also a lot more upward pressure.

Me neither - I think this is a last ditch attempt to buy a load more cheap coin before we break through $125.

Just a hunch.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Bear tantrum lol.

There is definitely a lot of downward pressure compared to the norm, but also a lot more upward pressure.

legendary
Mmmmm, I can taste that downward momentum.

I suspect the downward momentum is forced and only caused by someone who wants his coins cheaper.

If 125 was the top, then by the 27th price should be between 115 and 120 IMO.

When I went long at 66, The probability was:
1% - will deepen the 50 low
99% - will go to 122 - 123

Then, if 122 - 123 is reached
- 35% bearish
- 65% bullish reaching levels 138 or 152 or at least 300

At that time Gox was the king.

Now things are more complex and one needs to read charts (reading more than charts is impossible - there are no quality tools for traders in the crypto realm) from 3 exchanges at the same time to make sense of what will happen next.

Jump to: