Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32398. (Read 26470443 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
less than an hour until fed minutes released and fireworks commence!

dollar rally inc

are the fed mins out yet?

yes and they boring as usual. doubtful significant impact on btc either direction

let me guess

FED says it will stop buying 4B/Month immediately and start buying 8B/Month  Cheesy

Adam you are off buy a bit..... Fed bought 60 billion of treasuries in June.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-08-20/buyer-last-resort-guess-mystery-buyer-x?page=0

The current QE is supposed to be 85 billion a month split between MBS and government bonds. It seems it may be much more then 85 billion even now.

Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 4738
You're never too old to think young.
It looks like some negative momentum is building up.
Enough to offset the considerable positive momentum? Or just slow it down a little?

I'm hoping for the latter while I wait for more CAD to reach my Virtex account. It seems that recently a $2 dip on Gox can trigger a $5 drop at VTX.

Do I risk a long wait withdrawing a few grand from Gox after doing arb from VTX? If the wait is less than a couple of months, and the funds are from fiat savings rather than those allocated to BTC, the only way I can lose is for Gox to turn out to be a total scam and never give me back my dollars.

At one point last night the spread was close to 30%. Even if it takes 3 months, that's a good profit that's secure regardless of the price of BTC rising or falling.

Pre-edit: I typed this hours ago but hadn't sent it when I got really busy and left it. I just looked at Virtex and it's jumped by $8.

Damn the new slow deposit  system.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 669
Merit: 500

dollar rally inc

yes and they boring as usual. doubtful significant impact on btc either direction

let me guess

FED says it will stop buying 4B/Month immediately and start buying 8B/Month  Cheesy

Adam you are off buy a bit..... Fed bought 60 billion of treasuries in June.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-08-20/buyer-last-resort-guess-mystery-buyer-x?page=0

The current QE is supposed to be 85 billion a month split between MBS and government bonds. It seems it may be much more then 85 billion even now.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
methinks that ask-wall falls today and we ROCKET to new highs

Methinks we will hover around this level for quite a few days before its resolution time.

care to wager some btc on that?

No, I will only get back into the game if and when the hourly/2-hourly indicators show a dip.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
Activity: 686
Ultranode

Methinks we will hover around this level for quite a few days before its resolution time.

care to wager some btc on that?
Activity: 763
bitstamp just touched $113 !
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Ultranode
Activity: 504
sooo...nothing was said.
Activity: 614
And Mark Karpeles aka MagicalTux is the Ben Bernanke of Bitcoin.
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
I will start buying 5BTC daily until future notice.  Cool
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner

dollar rally inc

let me guess

Ultranode

dollar rally inc

legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner

dollar rally inc

Activity: 504

dollar rally inc
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
RationalSpeculator bitstamp moved after gox two large buys... so yes, gox leaded that jump but without following.
Jump to: