Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32438. (Read 26470984 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
Come on, for once there's actual news. The Feds are going to try and fight Bitcoin. If you think they'll fail it's quite bullish don't you think?

Don't underestimate the disdain that TA devotees feel towards anything not based on traditional stock/commodity-market technical analysis.

The very idea that news might affect a market (even as new and unprecedented a market as BTC) is heresy, an affront to their existing orthodoxy.

Smiley

Nope, I believe news affect FX markets, but not bitcoin.
I guess I'm a bit of a market analysis agnostic. I don't buy into either philosophy wholeheartedly, but try to use both to my advantage.

As for news not affecting Bitcoin, how about the news of the Satoshi Dice sale and payment to shareholders in BTC? Almost immediately the price dropped by over $10 and while the expected great selloff never happened, it took a week to recover. I'd say that news affected the Bitcoin market, albeit only temporarily.

It wasn't almost immediately... it was 6 hours later after pages of discussion on where cheerleaders made up bullshit reasons why it would drop.  Once they had enough people convinced, it happened.  It is not the news per se... it is speculators overreacting to news and whipping to forums into a panic.  The news didn't change fundamentals and the market made that clear by burning most of the idiots who sold off.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Wall at 112 eaten, price going down, possible panic sale.

Or not.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 4738
You're never too old to think young.
Mini-whale dump part 2.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
Wall at 112 eaten, price going down, possible panic sale.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
enforcing proper procedures.

Good luck with deciding what's proper for everyone else.

They have done so for longer than you are around, and I expect them to do it as long as people live in urbanized environments. The only thing to effectively fight bureaucracy is self-sufficiency.
legendary
Come on, for once there's actual news. The Feds are going to try and fight Bitcoin. If you think they'll fail it's quite bullish don't you think?

Don't underestimate the disdain that TA devotees feel towards anything not based on traditional stock/commodity-market technical analysis.

The very idea that news might affect a market (even as new and unprecedented a market as BTC) is heresy, an affront to their existing orthodoxy.

Smiley

I guess I'm a bit of a market analysis agnostic. I don't buy into either philosophy wholeheartedly, but try to use both to my advantage.

As for news not affecting Bitcoin, how about the news of the Satoshi Dice sale and payment to shareholders in BTC? Almost immediately the price dropped by over $10 and while the expected great selloff never happened, it took a week to recover. I'd say that news affected the Bitcoin market, albeit only temporarily.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
enforcing proper procedures.

Good luck with deciding what's proper for everyone else.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Smiley

legendary

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
Bitcoin is suffering from unwarranted self importance.

Neither are the FEDs going to manipulate the Market nor are they 'fighting' Bitcoin per se.
They simply are enforcing proper procedures. You can thank Mark K. & the rest of mtgox who didn't thought it necessary to do the paperwork which is required from them.
It is even possible they brought that up onto themselves by a high profile ad in the G8 magazine and nobody would have even bothered otherwise.

in retrospect:
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
Actually, feds fighting BTC is bullish news for me. The easiest way to marginalize BTC is to crash the price to the bottom,
then buy back, repeat. So the feds could slowly buy 100K BTC, driving the price up to maybe 130 $, then dump in 5 sub-waves.
When price will reach 20 $, buy back. And repeat until price is under 1 $, then 99% of people will learn to stay away from BTC.
what did I miss? is this a news based rise?

Are you new here? The only 'news' that causes price to rise is whale buys.

The only 'news' that causes price to rise is a rising price.

Agree 100%

If the price went down you would say that feds are going to fight bitcoin so price goes down. News mean NOTHING in this market.
legendary
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Merit: 1125

Agree 100%

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
i'm half in; as I'm consistently wrong with my timing you may wanna sell  Cool

Agree 100%
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling
I call bulltrap, peak around 130 on bitstamp. Then a fall to the 70s. Based on nothing what so ever. But hey, it's speculation, right?

Fort Gox on the other hand could go 200+, simply because it is silly.
legendary
Whichever organization was behind the relentless drive up through the 80s, 90s, and 100s isn't going to allow their hard-won gains to be wiped out.

It doesn't seem to be speculators/daytraders to me. It seems that someone is accumulating a large BTC holding while trying to keep prices in as steady an uptrend as possible.

Could it be someone planning a BTC-based business? What would a large enterprise like for example, Paypal do if it wanted to acquire a large Bitcoin inventory without destabilizing the price?

Then again, wouldn't it make sense for someone like the Wankervoss twins to drive up the value of their existing holding, while accumulating even more coins?
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

I bought yesterday so it's free to go up uP UP.

Seems good so far.
Jump to: