Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32439. (Read 26470976 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 4738
You're never too old to think young.
Or we are very close to a panic sale / whale dump, we'll see very soon.
1.2k dump at 113.

First sign?
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
Or we are very close to a panic sale / whale dump, we'll see very soon.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 4738
You're never too old to think young.
Damn. Went to bed early and missed the big whale buy by less than half an hour.

We all knew it was coming (except for maybe Walso/Jaro - "bots on catnip") but I was surprised by the suddenness.

Glad I'm all in. Pissed off that Virtex deposits have gone from taking hours to taking days. I would have scraped together enough to buy a couple of dozen more coins while they were still in the 80s not many hours ago.
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362
bitstamp only deals in USD...
and the euro market on Gox is illiquid as hell.

Bistamp convert EUR to USD instantly on deposit/withdraw without almost fees. So EUR or USD it's the same.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Wall Street money flowing to Bitcoin?

how the hell can it be flowing into bitcoin when Gox isn't even processing deposits (albeit at a snail pace)

Maybe Wall Street is not quite as dumb as we would like to think and have transferred their money into euros, onto Bitstamp (where coins are strangely very cheap  Grin) and not only vacuumed up the asks but built a rather chunky bid wall.  For the first time in weeks the bids outnumber the asks on Stamp.

bitstamp only deals in USD...
and the euro market on Gox is illiquid as hell.
legendary
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Dudes, can't you recognize manipulation? The bid sum has pretty much peaked, while the ask sum
is artificially dropped, resulting in a price increase. When the high bids will be 'ripe', they will be 'harvested' IMO.

Dudette, if someone buys 5k coins with a single order, the ask sum will drop because those 5k coins are gone.
This causes the bid/ask ratio to rise and dudes will move up their buy orders because of the huge whale buy + bid walls and an instant $1-2 price rise.
This causes the bid sum to go up and the bid/ask ratio rises further.
Because of the impending rally and the possibility of additional whale buys, people start pulling their ask orders because they don't want to sell their coins cheap.
This causes the ask sum to drop and the bid/ask ratio rises further.
The dropping ask sum increases the slippage of additional whale buys.
*repeat*
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code

how the hell can it be flowing into bitcoin when Gox isn't even processing deposits (albeit at a snail pace)

Maybe Wall Street is not quite as dumb as we would like to think and have transferred their money into euros, onto Bitstamp (where coins are strangely very cheap  Grin) and not only vacuumed up the asks but built a rather chunky bid wall.  For the first time in weeks the bids outnumber the asks on Stamp.
Activity: 504

legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362
what did I miss? is this a news based rise?

Are you new here? The only 'news' that causes price to rise is whale buys.

And haters
legendary
Dudes, can't you recognize manipulation? The bid sum has pretty much peaked, while the ask sum
is artificially dropped, resulting in a price increase. When the high bids will be 'ripe', they will be 'harvested' IMO.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Yes, $200 would be great !!
Activity: 763
bid sum / ask sum just shoot over $200 …
legendary
Activity: 232
Merit: 100
10k more coins to $120...  
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
legendary
We'll see if those buy walls are real or not. If they are real, then there are 7.3k BTC to dump down to 110, quite a tempting harvest.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
what did I miss? is this a news based rise?

Are you new here? The only 'news' that causes price to rise is whale buys.

There is a significant lag from publicity to action.

Just think about yourselves - how many months it took from the first hearing about bitcoin to taking position? Mine was about 12 months of active following before I bought any bitcoins.

The great majority that heard in the great media bombardment in this February-April (perhaps 100 times more people heard about bitcoin this year, compared to 2011), has yet to purchase anything. We are currently in a stage where every single purchase by these people is viewed as something special. No, these are all early adapters from this "attention batch". The adoption curve will get steeper, and this will also increase the price.

I don't believe that the recent news are cause of much anything. Not many are following the bitcoin news now. It is the great masses that heard earlier this year, a certain percentage of them will invest a certain percentage of their portfolio, that will determine the bitcoin price in the months going forward.
Jump to: