Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32517. (Read 26471961 times)

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

So, does this suggest that since accumulation is going up, the overall bitcoin market has net USD inflow, just that most of the new USD is going in through Bitstamp? i really don't know

Are there actually any credible reports of people successfully withdrawing large amounts of USD from MtGox yet? Or is this still an issue?

I haven't seen a confirmed one yet.

localbitcoins seems to follow gox for pricing, that's a way to pull off the bitstamp arb.
at localbitcoins you can set your own prices. I just today set mine to MtGox+0% and I buy at MtGox-10%. Could as well pick another exchange with different fees pegged to it.

Yes, but unless your licensed, you're comitting a financial crime (yeah really) by selling on LocalBitCoins, and if you're receiving wires for doing it, you're leaving tons of traces in the federal govt's systems of your crimes.

I don't think that's strictly true -- the letter and spirit of the FinCEN regulations appears to be aimed at regulating the exchange sector, not OTC trades. It specifically states that buying and selling virtual currencies is OK, but generating and running exchange business for fiat is not.

If it is a grey area, it should be tested.

It's not a grey area in the US, very black and white. If you exchange USD for Virtual Convertible Currency (i.e. Bitcoin) you are obligated to register with the Federal Government (the FinCEN Guideline).
legendary
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

So, does this suggest that since accumulation is going up, the overall bitcoin market has net USD inflow, just that most of the new USD is going in through Bitstamp? i really don't know

Are there actually any credible reports of people successfully withdrawing large amounts of USD from MtGox yet? Or is this still an issue?

localbitcoins seems to follow gox for pricing, that's a way to pull off the bitstamp arb.
at localbitcoins you can set your own prices. I just today set mine to MtGox+0% and I buy at MtGox-10%. Could as well pick another exchange with different fees pegged to it.

Yes, but unless your licensed, you're comitting a financial crime (yeah really) by selling on LocalBitCoins, and if you're receiving wires for doing it, you're leaving tons of traces in the federal govt's systems of your crimes.

I don't think that's strictly true -- the letter and spirit of the FinCEN regulations appears to be aimed at regulating the exchange sector, not OTC trades. It specifically states that buying and selling virtual currencies is OK, but generating and running exchange business for fiat is not.

If it is a grey area, it should be tested.
legendary
legendary
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
i don't get why it's okay to sell a speculative item like say, a trading card or an online game item, but selling a bitcoin is so drastically different?

i suppose you have a lot more volume when working with bitcoins

I'm not sure how japanese law sees it, but US law treats "Virtual Convertible Currencies" and Magic Cards differently so far as regulation is concerned.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
i don't get why it's okay to sell a speculative item like say, a trading card or an online game item, but selling a bitcoin is so drastically different?

i suppose you have a lot more volume when working with bitcoins
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

Activity: 153
legendary
legendary
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
Activity: 168

You'd somehow have to sell via Localbitcoins, which is sorta a huge pain & then wire, the time delay would seriously eat at your profits.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
HODL OR DIE
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

legendary
I wanna take him home with me
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
So close, but so far at the same time...

legendary
Jump to: