Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32513. (Read 26471916 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
Is the withdrawal problem still not resolved at gox?
To answer this, I would simply look at the spread between MtGox and other exchanges (Bitstamp in particular), which has been around 8% the past few days, so most probably no, regardless of what people may say. Nothing is being arbitraged in any significance here.
What about this thread?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179586.400
There are more of the same tone in the category.

I still don't understand why the spread is little if the problem exist, but it could be for several reasons.

We will see, I personally have time.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
Now the question will be:
What kind of rally can be triggered from an exchange that is paying maybe 10% of the withdraws?
Why do people keep having trust in it?

It turns out buying bitcoins makes it easier to withdrawal Tongue.
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
Is the withdrawal problem still not resolved at gox?
To answer this, I would simply look at the spread between MtGox and other exchanges (Bitstamp in particular), which has been around 8% the past few days, so most probably no, regardless of what people may say. Nothing is being arbitraged in any significance here.

There was a thread that was suggesting gox has been spending depositors' money and doesn't have funds to pay out all withdrawals.  Is this generally considered to be conspiracy theory type paranoia or is there a reasonable chance gox could be in trouble?
I doubt it, personally I trust MtGox the most, but that's just me. From what I gathered, it's banks hesitant dealing with MtGox that's the trouble.
Activity: 784
Merit: 506
What kind of rally can be triggered from an exchange that is paying maybe 10% of the withdraws?
Ah, and this is another reason for my not jumping back in yet.  That's a story I've not been following closely.  Is the withdrawal problem still not resolved at gox?  There was a thread that was suggesting gox has been spending depositors' money and doesn't have funds to pay out all withdrawals.  Is this generally considered to be conspiracy theory type paranoia or is there a reasonable chance gox could be in trouble?  Even though I'm using local trades for purchasing for some time because of potential impact on price I'd rather be more confident on this one too prior to putting a chunk more money into bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
N12
donator
ShroomsKit is kind of cute.
He sure is. His entire purpose in this forum is getting pissed at me. Cheesy

Honest question Shroom, have you traded at all, as in buying and selling? Huh
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
ShroomsKit is kind of cute.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
You should probably let go, it's not good for ones health to be passive aggressive all the time. If you think it's not possible to profitably trade in the longer term (ie have an edge), I'm not sure why you're so drawn to speculation at all.

Noone's claimed he's a Cassandra. Trading is a game of probability combined with your profit/loss on each trade. Believe it or not, you can be wrong most of the time and still make money.

Did it occur to you you made ridiculous claims and were wrong 3 times in a row. How the hell is it possible you completely ignore this and just go on with your claims while its clear you know absolute shit all?
How does one do that? Don't you feel even a little bit stupid? Is there nothing inside you that says maybe i should stop acting like i know what Bitcoin will do because i don't? Don't you have any shame whatsoever?

He made millions the 1 time he was right and lost only 10cents the other hundred times.

Obviously. Just like Rampion. Totally wrong with his claims but "everything is going according to plan and i made money".
Activity: 784
Merit: 506
Hi guys, been part-time lurking for some time now but finally got something to say Smiley

Just a thanks really to all who have been buying bitcoin to stash away right through the downtrend.  I'm not saying the downtrend is necessarily done but I'm not finding the arguments of those reckoning on $20-30 etc. persuasive - largely because they appear to be on the basis of repeating patterns and TA - and I just don't buy either for this unique bitcoin market.  However, I've enjoyed guessing for the fun of it where the price is going to go and when and would have done OK buying fiat to sell again at a profit had I not been primarily a 'buy-and-hold' man myself.

But what I haven't been doing during this period is putting new fiat in and have therefore accumulated a fair bit ready to buy back in when I'm reasonably confident the downtrend is over.  I'm actually enjoying watching the price go up even though I'm not on board (with the new money), fine to let those who are prepared to take the higher risk try and catch the bottom and initial turnaround to get the cheapest prices whilst I stand aside prepared to pay more for additional confidence we've not got (much) further down to go.

So keep up the good work folks and maybe in another couple of weeks if this carries on I'll be ready for 'all in'* again Smiley

In the meantime here are the latest from my favourite table and chart:

On the former I'm liking even on a reasonable volume day gox is not commanding much more than 30% of the trade.  On the latter I'm liking this week's USD volume to date is already equal to last week's.  I'm guessing last week will have been the bottom for volume for some time.

L8r Smiley

*within reason
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
HODL OR DIE
You should probably let go, it's not good for ones health to be passive aggressive all the time. If you think it's not possible to profitably trade in the longer term (ie have an edge), I'm not sure why you're so drawn to speculation at all.

Noone's claimed he's a Cassandra. Trading is a game of probability combined with your profit/loss on each trade. Believe it or not, you can be wrong most of the time and still make money.

Did it occur to you you made ridiculous claims and were wrong 3 times in a row. How the hell is it possible you completely ignore this and just go on with your claims while its clear you know absolute shit all?
How does one do that? Don't you feel even a little bit stupid? Is there nothing inside you that says maybe i should stop acting like i know what Bitcoin will do because i don't? Don't you have any shame whatsoever?

He made millions the 1 time he was right and lost only 10cents the other hundred times.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
HODL OR DIE

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

sooner than you'd expect it Grin
N12
donator

I agree with you that this bull trap is probably sponsored by MtGox's incompetence. However, I see a slim chance that MtGox will fix everything and send everybody their money before the move I'm looking for occurs. The actual problem here is that people still believe MtGox's price is real, and not just a devaluation of the mtgoxUSD. So when mtgoxUSD gets further devalued, people think it's a rally and buy on Bitstamp. That's just the environment we have to deal with.

And indeed it's true that only few Bitcoins that have left the visible order book on MtGox have hit Bitstamp so far.

How long will this bull trap last?
Please tell us more because you seem to know it all.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Price move confirmed!
Cavirtex saw a volume surge shooting the price 12$ higher than it was 15 mins ago
this is it, we are officially on an up trend  Grin

NOW would be the time for your bullish prediction!   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Price move confirmed!
Cavirtex saw a volume surge shooting the price 12$ higher than it was 15 mins ago
this is it, we are officially on an up trend  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1190
Jump to: