Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32514. (Read 26471961 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Price move confirmed!
Cavirtex saw a volume surge shooting the price 12$ higher than it was 15 mins ago
this is it, we are officially on an up trend  Grin

NOW would be the time for your bullish prediction!   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Price move confirmed!
Cavirtex saw a volume surge shooting the price 12$ higher than it was 15 mins ago
this is it, we are officially on an up trend  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
Did gox just crashed, nothing's coming through the websocket
Yes for ten minutes.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
80k BTC on the book. Decimate, and onward with the positive feedback loop! Cheesy
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Did gox just crashed, nothing's coming through the websocket
Activity: 644
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
Forget about the news, they don't matter. We're going up because the charts are looking good.

i wouldn't say that news don't matter. From time to time they play an important role for herding behaviour.
Often it's like some tension building up and being suddenly released by some big whale moving his fin.
Not too long ago market sentiment was very bearish because of the whole regulatory question in the news.

They don't matter in this case, being the potential to return to the 200s.
This can happen based on the charts alone.
Activity: 476
N12
donator
The thing is that people choose to blend in and blend out and interpret the news based on what price action the market has been in, not based on the news themselves.

Also, price actually causes news or events or a suited environment. Think about it.
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
Forget about the news, they don't matter. We're going up because the charts are looking good.

i wouldn't say that news don't matter. From time to time they play an important role for herding behaviour.
Often it's like some tension building up and being suddenly released by some big whale moving his fin.
Not too long ago market sentiment was very bearish because of the whole regulatory question in the news.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 502
Bitstamp hasn't stopped following MtGox's lead (with a spread), so it's safe to say that people are viewing MtGox's price as "real". As someone speculating on MtGox, say MtGox suddenly opened their valves and the withdrawal backlog is cleared within a week, I think there's a good chance for the bull trap to still play out. Maybe stunted. And if MtGox doesn't fix it, the spread will just stay even or increase.

Maybe if they bull trap hard enough Gox will let them in the rumored 5+ digit priority queue  Cheesy.

edit: At 6 digits I hear Mark throws in a free exercise ball.
Activity: 454
i haven't followed markets very much lately,
so sorry if i missed a point there.

are we really going only up because people can't get their fiat out of gox,
or is there a connection with the inside bitcoin conference today in New York?
Are there any other bullish news?

It is at least partially to blame. Everyone is trying to make sense of what is going on. There is just so much going on it's hard to make sense of, lol.

In my mind the ETF news is huge, even if it fails it sets precedent for another attempt in another country.

Speaking of the ETF I'm surprised Jeff's comment didn't get more attention.

Quote from: jgarzick

A bitcoin ETF is huge.

(note: they are not the only ones working on one...)

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2673918
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
N12
donator
Bitstamp hasn't stopped following MtGox's lead (with a spread), so it's safe to say that people are viewing MtGox's price as "real". As someone speculating on MtGox, say MtGox suddenly opened their valves and the withdrawal backlog is cleared within a week, I think there's a good chance for the bull trap to still play out. Maybe stunted. And if MtGox doesn't fix it, the spread will just stay even or increase.

It is at least partially to blame. Everyone is trying to make sense of what is going on. There is just so much going on it's hard to make sense of, lol.

In my mind the ETF news is huge, even if it fails it sets precedent for another attempt in another country.
Activity: 770
Merit: 501

I've been short term bullish for days, I'm seeing a large bull trap playing out. Polarizing people here don't seem to comprehend that there can be different time frames and different levels of certainty.

That's why I asked.

I'd be more inclined to think it was a bull trap if the Gox queue wasn't so crazy. People withdrawing fiat are stuck between the proverbial rock and a hard place.

I think it goes up to at least $115 just because Gox is giving it nowhere else to go. Gox trap? Gox trap.
Activity: 252
105!?!  Well done bulls.  It's a new ball game now.
Jump to: