Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32519. (Read 26472017 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
Hmm, hoping for that spread between mtgox and bitstamp to go down, then its time to hop in again. Trying to get out of BTC right now, its a bit too big of a spread for my taste.

its been clear for a while now that bitstamps is get more and more volume coming from mt gox

the price difference is a result of this shift

it could stay that way for a long time... buy now  Wink

A volume-based metric I place some trust in, confirms that: there is substantial buying pressure on bitstamp, even if the price gap somewhat obscures this fact.

First the similarities: daily A/D continued to rise on both bit and mtg, well after the April peak, and throughout the initial correction/bubble deflation. It peaked in mid-June, then gently started sloping downwards. The corresponding price action was the recent downtrend that took us from ~110 to ~70 (mtg prices).

Now for the differences: as of early JuneJuly, A/D stabilized on mtg. Maybe with a weak upwards slope. Contrast this with bit: around the same time, instead of merely stabilizing, A/D is shooting up (in comparison).

It's as if all the btc optimism migrated from mtgox to bitstamp. No guarantee that this lasts however, if mtgox manages to solve its fiat problem in time.

EDIT: corrected mistake
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Hmm, hoping for that spread between mtgox and bitstamp to go down, then its time to hop in again. Trying to get out of BTC right now, its a bit too big of a spread for my taste.

its been clear for a while now that bitstamps is get more and more volume coming from mt gox

One problem:

I'm stuck.

All of my fiat is stuck on Mt. Gox. Fortunately I was smart enough to buy a little on this latest small dip into the high 80s on gox, but now I'm screwed big time. I have to give away like 10% of my fiat just to get it into the legit exchange.

Cry

I have yet to use Gox and not regret my decision.

lol fiat problems  Cheesy

sorry, I do empathize for you and all the fiat holders stuck on Gox Kazu

So I get fiat, and I get screwed over because online all it is is just debt owed to you by the exchange of your choice.
So I get Bitcoin, and I get screwed over because the exchange rate derps.

I need to find something to do with my time that doesn't result in not sleeping at night.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner

and soon, bitstamp will eat up mtgox's market share Smiley

i wish a new market place came up and took on the job of servicing the US and Canada, and did an awesome job. but I guess bitstamps can do that. it would be nice to see bitstamps grow to the size of mtgox and not have so many technical / non-technical problems...
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

One problem:

I'm stuck.

All of my fiat is stuck on Mt. Gox. Fortunately I was smart enough to buy a little on this latest small dip into the high 80s on gox, but now I'm screwed big time. I have to give away like 10% of my fiat just to get it into the legit exchange.

Cry

lol fiat problems  Cheesy

sorry, I do empathize for you and all the fiat holders stuck on Gox Kazu

One problem:

I'm stuck.

Cry

legendary

if only they had decent trading API

coinsetter would, I imagine Smiley

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1jalzy/nycbased_coinsetter_exchange_opening_their_doors/
http://coinsetter.com/
Activity: 736
Merit: 508

if only they had decent trading API
legendary

legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner

legendary
This thread is defined more by it's off-topicness than by its actual topic, so I'll continue posting whatever the fuck I feel like. Smiley

I do consider it good practice not to spam the entire thread with those tangential discussions, especially if there's something interesting going on on the market, but that was hardly the case here.

agreed
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
How about we all just recognize this isn't a religious thread and is instead a Bitcoin thread, and thus don't bring up religion? I'm sure there is some place on this forum where you can talk about religion if you want to. I don't particularly care if you are religions or not, but thats completely off-topic, even by this thread's standards.

Feel free to place me on ignore. This thread is defined more by it's off-topicness than by its actual topic, so I'll continue posting whatever the fuck I feel like. Smiley

I do consider it good practice not to spam the entire thread with those tangential discussions, especially if there's something interesting going on on the market, but that was hardly the case here.
legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 4811
You're never too old to think young.
How about we all just recognize this isn't a religious thread and is instead a Bitcoin thread, and thus don't bring up religion?
If there is one thing this forum has taught me, it's that for many, bitcoin is religion. Wink

And for others TA is religion.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
How about we all just recognize this isn't a religious thread and is instead a Bitcoin thread, and thus don't bring up religion?
If there is one thing this forum has taught me, it's that for many, bitcoin is religion. Wink
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
And now even buying BTCs might not be a way to get out of MtGox.  Cheesy

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mt-gox-confirmed-issue-unable-to-withdrawl-btc-currently-264300

Alex Support, Jul 30 00:31 (JST):
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience happen, On time being we have an technical issue on btc withdrawal that appearing on block chain, by the same our developer team is working on it for fixing-up. mean-while please let us know if your transaction got processed.

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team
https://www.mtgox.com

I got same issue earlier today, however my btc ( hundreds) arrived later on. I do believe it was indeed a technical issue.

the msg must have been google translated... lol...
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
The only option now is to buy the whole company. Whales?
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mt-gox-confirmed-issue-unable-to-withdrawl-btc-currently-264300

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience happen, On time being we have an technical issue on btc withdrawal that appearing on block chain, by the same our developer team is working on it for fixing-up. mean-while please let us know if your transaction got processed.

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team

I got same issue earlier today, however my btc ( hundreds) arrived later on. I do believe it was indeed a technical issue.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Hello,

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team
legendary
Hey Anthony,

We’re launching in a friends and family beta this week, and we hope to open up our platform to international users by the end of the month. Where are you based out of?

Best,

Jaron Lukasiewicz
CEO | Coinsetter
Jump to: