Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32644. (Read 26470281 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth
Went all-in at $20.

Never sold, now I see it was a mistake. I could have easily doubled my holdings if I sold when I thought I should have, but I didn't just because I didn't even want to have the hassle to send coins to Gox.

There is a big difference in holding 300 or 600 coins, guys.
Thats why it does not matter how big your stash is you only can sell it once at whatever price you think is right. Any smart trader will easily outpace your "hypernating" coins and convert it to cash along the way. Only requirement for good trades is a market which moves.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
Makes no sense unless you're one of the panickers that sold recently. they wanted to catch cheaper coins. haha it was a bad example but the point i was trying to make is that it's hard to time bottoms and it's hard to time tops. looking back it would've been easy to think that hey, i should've sold at $240, what was i thinking, when at that point you were afraid to lose any upside gains if we were to keep going up, the reason why you held, right?
Panickers are always loosing, thats life!
If I bought 10k today @ 90, I'd sell @ 190 at the latest. I wouldn't wait for the bubble burst.

hindsight!
Activity: 282
Merit: 250
Makes no sense unless you're one of the panickers that sold recently. they wanted to catch cheaper coins. haha it was a bad example but the point i was trying to make is that it's hard to time bottoms and it's hard to time tops. looking back it would've been easy to think that hey, i should've sold at $240, what was i thinking, when at that point you were afraid to lose any upside gains if we were to keep going up, the reason why you held, right?
Panickers are always losing, thats life!
If I bought 10k today @ 90, I'd sell @ 190 at the latest. I wouldn't wait for the bubble burst.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Sure, but if you are 30+ and hold more than 50k coins, you dont care much about speculating. You just lean back and wait a few years  Grin

Plus, the market is still too small to successfully daytrade with big volumes. Sure, doubling 300 coins is not a big deal. Doubling +1,000 coins its not so easy because of the illiquidity of the market, you really have to catch juicy points both to sell and to buy.

In this market its not easy at all to buy and sell frequently significant amounts without being burnt by the mix of high fees+slippage.
legendary
hindsight bro and you're not considering other price entry points. what if you bought at 90, sold at 80, and missed buying back in at 60-70? it's not as easy as you think!!
If you bought @ 90, why should you sell @ 80? Makes no sense  Roll Eyes

what if you bought at 90, sold at 80, and missed buying back in at 60-70? it's not as easy as you think!!
If you bought @ 90, why should you sell @ 80? Makes no sense  Roll Eyes
Sure, but if you are 30+ and hold more than 50k coins, you dont care much about speculating. You just lean back and wait a few years  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
Went all-in at $20.

Never sold, now I see it was a mistake. I could have easily doubled my holdings if I sold when I thought I should have, but I didn't just because I didn't even want to have the hassle to send coins to Gox.

True dat'.
legendary
Went all-in at $20.

hindsight bro and you're not considering other price entry points. what if you bought at 90, sold at 80, and missed buying back in at 60-70? it's not as easy as you think!!
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
Went all-in at $20.

legendary
Activity: 420

Lots of small fries anxious to sell at 100.

But what will the whales do?
legendary
it is gambling because you don't know what will happen tomorrow. And everything can happen.

the prudent gambler doesn't care about what will happen tomorrow, if he knows what will happen in 2-5 years
 this is not called gambling.

I'm gambling on my future you see, by forgoing the use of my capital now.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Seems like >100 does not hold very firmly. This is quite a thriller I must say.
it is gambling because you don't know what will happen tomorrow. And everything can happen.

the prudent gambler doesn't care about what will happen tomorrow, if he knows what will happen in 2-5 years
 this is not called gambling.
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
When you own 200,000BTC, there are only a few things you can do to increase your percentage Smiley

sure, i would do same thing. put some coins aside and multiply your active stash.
hats off to the whale/s who manipulated market down and up during the last two weeks while taking advantage of the popular beliefs during that phase.
first everybody expected a correction and later an overdue upturn because of bullish news.
perhaps we would have seen 50 without these news. you can't manipulate against the sentiments of the masses...then it's really gambling.

it's better to shake the tree during windy times because everybody's expecting it to go that way.
legendary
so mad i didn't buy back in at 80 right now

not too late, what's a few % of a bull trend?  Tongue
legendary

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
so mad i didn't buy back in at 80 right now
Jump to: