Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32676. (Read 26469917 times)

Activity: 437
Merit: 250
Can't see 60s today.. Cry
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

These negative divergences against rises in price have been VERY VERY accurate indicators of moves down:

We have the longest one yet. I'd say the price is really wanting to adjust down but those huge buys with walls changed a bit of the natural movement.
Will be interesting to see what happens.

Isn't the reality exactly the opposite of what you say? The price really wants to move up, but there is a huge wall preventing it?

Blinkered much?

This isn't so much "my" opinion as it is years of TA analysis. A negative divergence of down volume on up price is one of the more reliable divergences in TA (though none are fool proof.)

Regarding your question, you are missing the important variable in the formular - Volume. If price wanted to move up it would buy, the coins are there, wall or not. Nothing prevents anyone from buying.

Looking at the recent history in the chart (and it's consistency of a down move in price after a negative volume divergence), we should not only correct, but correct hard as this divergence is a bit longer (thus far).
The unknown variable, per say, is that we are oversold. RSI is heading higher while the price remains low, one could argue that is a good divergence. (Though not very strong, the price is moving up.)

IAS

You may not know it, but your (subconscious) biases are showing through in your TA.  Why select some volume movements as "flat" (when they are going marginally up), but "down" (when they are going marginally down). See, I can draw lines to illustrate a point too:

Of course, my lines and arrows prove nothing -- other than showing that your lines and arrows prove nothing too.

In terms of volume -- in the short term, people are waiting and seeing right now. If the wall at 80 comes down, there will be a bigger buy-in, and the next volume bar will be bigger. The longer it takes, the bigger it will potentially be. Things are a bit confuised right now as the market has been put off by dumpers/manipulators all along.

Volume bars and candles should line up perfectly. But you have some truth in your post still, there's few movements with so little difference in volume bars/candles that it's not significant (more like flat).
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
The bounce isn't over yet, I can feel the tension building and I think another attack on 80 is going to happen very soon. Bitstamp's orderbook looks bullish as hell.
RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

These negative divergences against rises in price have been VERY VERY accurate indicators of moves down:

We have the longest one yet. I'd say the price is really wanting to adjust down but those huge buys with walls changed a bit of the natural movement.

Isn't the reality exactly the opposite of what you say? The price really wants to move up, but there is a huge wall preventing it?

Blinkered much?

This isn't so much "my" opinion as it is years of TA analysis. A negative divergence of down volume on up price is one of the more reliable divergences in TA (though none are fool proof.)

Regarding your question, you are missing the important variable in the formular - Volume. If price wanted to move up it would buy, the coins are there, wall or not. Nothing prevents anyone from buying.

Looking at the recent history in the chart (and it's consistency of a down move in price after a negative volume divergence), we should not only correct, but correct hard as this divergence is a bit longer (thus far).
The unknown variable, per say, is that we are oversold. RSI is heading higher while the price remains low, one could argue that is a good divergence. (Though not very strong, the price is moving up.)

IAS

You may not know it, but your (subconscious) biases are showing through in your TA.  Why select some volume movements as "flat" (when they are going marginally up), but "down" (when they are going marginally down). See, I can draw lines to illustrate a point too:

Of course, my lines and arrows prove nothing -- other than showing that your lines and arrows prove nothing too.

In terms of volume -- in the short term, people are waiting and seeing right now. If the wall at 80 comes down, there will be a bigger buy-in, and the next volume bar will be bigger. The longer it takes, the bigger it will potentially be. Things are a bit confuised right now as the market has been put off by dumpers/manipulators all along.

legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile

Blinkered much?

IAS

Blinkered much?
Aren't ask walls great if you want to buy? For quite a while just bid walls were eaten or withdrawn.

Yes, this has been a great opportunity to double down.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Building a launchpad at $77. Next stop $90  Smiley

Should be heading towards the $90 mark soon.  Smiley

thats what i had thought, but this sideways / stagnation has me nervous. ready to press that red button soon maybe
Activity: 509
Can't upload avatar

Blinkered much?
Aren't ask walls great if you want to buy? For quite a while just bid walls were eaten or withdrawn.
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
and the more i think about that chart... perhaps time can only be integrated with a third dimension.
i just wonder if there is a way for displaying a more direct and obvious context to market evolution.

Ideally you'd want something interactive so you could scale and rotate and maybe playback over an accelerated timescale. That couldn't be integrated into the page though.
yep...reminds me of that idea i had some months ago of feeding the data directly into some game-engine (perhaps unreal or cry engine). i dabbled around a little bit, but soon realized i don't have the skills atm...i'm more from the modeling/compositing section and have very few knowledge of programming in engines.
eve
Activity: 210

Should be heading towards the $90 mark soon.  Smiley

Blinkered much?
Activity: 509
Can't upload avatar
We are at 77.7777; came from 66.6666; going to 55.5555 or 88.8888?

Nobody believes uptrend is organic, no more panic buying, so we should go down.
legendary
Antifragile

It looks to me like the day traders are moving the price about in the short term, but the swing traders are sitting on the side lines waiting for a stronger signal.

We have the price bobbing about within a short range, complete with some big 'show' orders, but nothing has really moved much for 48 hours or so.

What will the stronger signal be? Well, I'm standing by my previous position still - sold at 75 (Bitstamp) and plan to buy back in the 60s (say, 66). I still can't see the enthusiasm for a strong upward move at this time, although some bigger movements will come sooner or later.

I pretty much agree with your sentiment regarding the recent price move, in particular the swing traders waiting.

I am pretty sure we have been "manipulated" up a bit in the last few days, even with the oversold indicators on high. Those few large buy orders really changed the feeling.

I'm thinking a return to the 60's and then a bounce up and then a move to the 50's. Once we are there is anyones guess.

Activity: 168

It looks to me like the day traders are moving the price about in the short term, but the swing traders are sitting on the side lines waiting for a stronger signal.

We have the price bobbing about within a short range, complete with some big 'show' orders, but nothing has really moved much for 48 hours or so.

What will the stronger signal be? Well, I'm standing by my previous position still - sold at 75 (Bitstamp) and plan to buy back in the 60s (say, 66). I still can't see the enthusiasm for a strong upward move at this time, although some bigger movements will come sooner or later.
legendary
Antifragile
Looks to me that the ball was just the right size to get stuck in the 'ball trap' at the bottom. That's some serious shit - no way it could have bounced out of there. We could be here for a very long time unless someone gives it a very big kick.
So we have situation that no more people wants to sell because they are afraid of sudden price rise. At the other hand there are a lot of people who would buy if they could (argentina for example where price is already 30-40% more than gox). Then where the price could possibly go ....  Huh (other than up - if someone didnt understand my sarcasm)

Wow, I had to check that and you are not lying! http://forexmagnates.com/bitcoins-soar-in-value-in-argentina-due-to-capital-control-laws-bitcoin-meetup-held-in-nations-capital/

Get the feeling things are moving in other parts of the world...
Activity: 546
Merit: 501
Looks to me that the ball was just the right size to get stuck in the 'ball trap' at the bottom. That's some serious shit - no way it could have bounced out of there. We could be here for a very long time unless someone gives it a very big kick.
So we have situation that no more people wants to sell because they are afraid of sudden price rise. At the other hand there are a lot of people who would buy if they could (argentina for example where price is already 30-40% more than gox). Then where the price could possibly go ....  Huh (other than up - if someone didnt understand my sarcasm)
Activity: 784
Building a launchpad diving board at $77. Next stop $90 $50 Smiley

FTFY
Activity: 411
Merit: 250
its just a new trick of the big guys.. .. confusion ..
and then when nobody expects it..     TADAAAAA Wink

or not
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Jump to: